logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 3:20:18 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Okay, I have been watching Brian Greene's (dubbed the arm chair physicist) NOVA video's on his book "The Fabric of the Cosmos". He is a string theory physicist (yes, I know string theory has lots of issues) - but the episode on time just really blew me away! It is on Amazon Streaming (free if you have a Prime account), I haven't checked to see if it is on Netflix - but wow!

When he talks about the concepts of time and how space and movement affect time, the Genesis creation account made so much more sense! As he presents the concepts of time being personal, but from a distance all time past, present, and future are visual together and are completely outside the concept of time, again I was blown away!

But, here is a big kicker, towards the end he talks about how since the universe is expanding at such a fast rate, at some point earth will be completely left behind; thus having no concept of time and no concept of it's place in the history, present, or future of the universe. Basically, earth becomes nothing, not even a distance memory. Hello - does this not completely go in line with "heaven and earth passing away". What came to light was that it wasn't something that was "going to happen", the process is in motion and has been happening (but is constantly speeding up) all the time.

Another thing the video talked about was time being very dependent on gravity, the more gravity pulls on an object, the slower time moves. Now, think of Yahowaha spirit - He are not bound by gravity so He are not bound at all by time. Yahowsha' and the Ruach Qodesh come and go across time as they please - again, WOW!!!!! While they walk through "our" time, they are not a part of time at all, there is no time.

The video uses some great graphics that really gave me a good picture of how Yahowah sees us and earth and what is happening. When you see some of the visuals on watching of time happen on earth at one time, hold on to your seat.

So, definitely recommend this and would love to hear folks views if they watch it. I have been falling in love with physics slowly (my children really like it), but as I get more into it I am just really, really amazed at how clear this particular view of science makes the things of Yahowah make so much more sense.
Offline JamesH  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 5:22:23 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Djstill 

Is this the vid you are talking about?

http://m.video.pbs.org/video/2164065493/
Offline dajstill  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 5:35:58 AM(UTC)
dajstill

That's it!! Definitely worth the watch!
Offline JamesH  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 10:06:47 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I watched this series awhile back and really enjoyed it. But like you said, "string theory."

I like considering the consepts of time, how ever it is kind of like discussing Who God is. I don't know why it is, but mankind can't agree on who or what God is and how things work. We have an idea of how things work, but if you start looking at creation, one starts to realize the magnitude of Yah's work and our overall inability to change anything that really maters. (we can only change ourself, with limitations ) and play around with what Yah created.

What will we teach the children, string theory or loop theory http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loop_quantum_gravity
Could start a family argument ( humor)

Yah did create time so I think it is definitely worth considering. Mind Boggling.
http://www.merriam-webst...dictionary/mind-boggling

https://twimg0-a.akamaih...oij7stmjcfczgelv3mg.jpeg
Offline dajstill  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 10:27:01 AM(UTC)
dajstill

JamesH wrote:
I watched this series awhile back and really enjoyed it. But like you said, "string theory."

I like considering the consepts of time, how ever it is kind of like discussing Who God is. I don't know why it is, but mankind can't agree on who or what God is and how things work. We have an idea of how things work, but if you start looking at creation, one starts to realize the magnitude of Yah's work and our overall inability to change anything that really maters. (we can only change ourself, with limitations ) and play around with what Yah created.

What will we teach the children, string theory or loop theory http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loop_quantum_gravity
Could start a family argument ( humor)

Yah did create time so I think it is definitely worth considering. Mind Boggling.
http://www.merriam-webst...dictionary/mind-boggling

https://twimg0-a.akamaih...oij7stmjcfczgelv3mg.jpeg

It's not so much the string theory as it is the time-space continuum that goes inline with Einstein's theory of relativity. I understand string theory is flawed (especially with the need for infinite dimensions), but "time" being tied to space/distance I don't think has any flaws. We know from space travel that even in lower earth orbit, the sun rises and sets every 90 minutes. Extrapolate that out and Yah's time is infinitely different than our time. Ilan Ramon (the Israeli astronaut the died as a member of the Columbia crew) joked about how in the world to observe Sabbath from space. I didn't think about it much when I heard his rabbi at the memorial service, but not I think "wow", time is very different depending on perspective. Then, it got me thinking again about creation. It says "on the 7th day, elohim rested". Then I got to think, - oh my gosh, is that 7th day of rest in our future? It is just lots of fun to think about for me and puts things in much better perspective. With a more concrete view of Yahowah not being bound by time, and time being so different inside and out of the gravitational pull - it is all so wonderfully brilliant.

I particularly like the concept of of looking at time like looking through a photo album - from Yahowah's perspective, very little time passed from when Abraham joined the covenant family relationship and when I joined the family. The thought that someone being born tomorrow is already a part of the family based on a decision that it looks like they are making in the "future", but from Yah's timeless perspective has already happened - just wow.

So, string theory versus loop theory, the time-space continuum still holds up in my book. Again, it is just really fun to consider and try to wrap your head around.
Offline dajstill  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:21:54 AM(UTC)
dajstill

So, I watched the other videos in the series and I was really intrigued at how much theoretical physics can be used to better understand what Yahowah is doing/has done. Another things that stuck out to me (beyond the space/time continuum) was the concept that when 2 things are "linked", even if they are not touching, one thing will affect the other. For instance, the silly idea behind teleportation is actually backed by the very real concept that when you find things that are "linked" if you can view 1 part, you can accurately predict what the "linked" part is doing - even if they are millions of miles away.

This is so consistent with the notion that as soon as you join Yahowah's family, you are immediately "linked" to Him. The other concept is that if something isn't "linked" does it really exist? Thus, creating a backing for the "3rd option" in that those that have made no choice (or a useless choice like religion) simply cease to exist upon death. You were tied to nothing eternal, you were merely a mirage existing only in the minds of those that are still alive and when they cease to exist - did you ever exist at all. You were utterly meaningless because you never chose to "link" to the Creator. However, better to be meaningless than to be forever plunged into ever increasing darkness of a black hole.

That was another the concept, that of the competing process of the universe expanding (and that expansion being linked to the "big bang" and light traveling) with the process of black holes eventually swallowing up our universe. It that not the great fight between Yahowah being light and expanding his family, while the adversary is spreading lies and causing those that follow him to be ever sent into utter darkness? These two things (light and the universe expanding while black holes are growing, swallowing, and plunging into utter darkness) are both happening right now. Now, what is so fascinating is how "light" and "dark" function. The light (that which is expanding the universe) just "is". It started (they say with the big bang, but we know who supplied the dynamite - LOL) and it just "goes". Black holes work differently. They don't just "exist", they are actively engaged in destruction. Where the light goes, things come alive, they start to happen (even if it isn't the same kind of "life" we see here on earth - it is giving off energy and matter). Where the black hole goes, it extinguishes and brings to nothing those things that once existed. Black holes swallow that that was once energy containing (life containing) while and brings it to nothing. It pulls and pulls hard with a gravity that is many times that which we have on earth. It is actively and violently plunging other things into darkness.

Wow!