logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JamesH  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 4:29:23 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Do these Instructions still apply today?

Numbers 15 : 22-31
22 ‘If you sin unintentionally, and do not observe all these commandments which YHWH has spoken to Moses— 23 all that YHWH has commanded you by the hand of Moses, from the day YHWH gave commandment and onward throughout your generations— 24 then it will be, if it is unintentionally committed, without the knowledge of the congregation, that the whole congregation shall offer one young bull as a burnt offering, as a sweet aroma to YHWH , with its grain offering and its drink offering, according to the ordinance, and one kid of the goats as a sin offering. 25 So the priest shall make atonement for the whole congregation of the children of Israel, and it shall be forgiven them, for it was unintentional; they shall bring their offering, an offering made by fire to YHWH, and their sin offering before YHWH, for their unintended sin. 26 It shall be forgiven the whole congregation of the children of Israel and the stranger who dwells among them, because all the people did it unintentionally.

27 ‘And if a person sins unintentionally, then he shall bring a female goat in its first year as a sin offering. 28 So the priest shall make atonement for the person who sins unintentionally, when he sins unintentionally before YHWH, to make atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him. 29 You shall have one law for him who sins unintentionally, for him who is native-born among the children of Israel and for the stranger who dwells among them.

30 ‘But the person who does anything presumptuously, whether he is native-born or a stranger, that one brings reproach on YHWH, and he shall be cut off from among his people. 31 Because he has despised the word of YHWH, and has broken His commandment, that person shall be completely cut off; his guilt shall be upon him.’”
Offline dajstill  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 7:10:23 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
JamesH wrote:
Do these Instructions still apply today?

Numbers 15 : 22-31

30 ‘But the person who does anything presumptuously, whether he is native-born or a stranger, that one brings reproach on YHWH, and he shall be cut off from among his people. 31 Because he has despised the word of YHWH, and has broken His commandment, that person shall be completely cut off; his guilt shall be upon him.’”

I would think it does apply today, because this is beyond "willful" transgression and states according to my Scriptures: "But the being who does whatever defiantly"

This is beyond simply doing the wrong thing and seems to add a bit of mocking and fist shaking in the face of Yahowah. Defiantly adds another dimension for me. But, I that is just my take on it.
Offline cgb2  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 7:11:21 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
^ I would say yes, but not in the context of awful translations. For instance in amplified translations (ItG?) Yada shows and mocks how "sweet aroma ...as if God is into smells" when it is really a word picture anhd statement about reconcilliation.

Longing for the resumption of the family parties/barbeques during the millinial shabat (last 1/2 of Ezekial) when Torah is wrote on our inward parts......Awww, that's what that meant and represented.
Offline JamesH  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 8:37:31 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Thanks Djstill , Cgb2

I guess the bigger question is, what to do until Yahs return,Temple and a priest?

I think Yah can smell aromas, he created the ability to smell a sweet aroma . 
Offline dajstill  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 8:54:03 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
JamesH wrote:
Thanks Djstill , Cgb2

I guess the bigger question is, what to do until Yahs return,Temple and a priest?

I think Yah can smell aromas, he created the ability to smell a sweet aroma . 

I wasn't say the actual Temple service still applied, I was saying the concept of contrasting things we do "by accident" versus those things that are done in defiance.

I think we are to do more about understanding what Yahowah was trying to tell us through His instructions as opposed to trying to follow them to the letter - where would I get a bull? I don't think Yahowah cares about the dove, the bull, or any other animal that might be sacrificed on the alter as opposed to "me" understanding the point He was driving home to Moseh.

There is no Temple, there is no priest; but, there is an opportunity for relationship with Yahowah. Those during the time of Moseh had no other way of understanding a relationship with Yahowah except through the establishment of the Temple/priest. For instance, Noah didn't have a Temple/priest - but he did have a relationship. Abraham didn't have a temple/priest - but he did have a relationship. I have no temple/priest - but I have a relationship.
Offline JamesH  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 10:08:55 AM(UTC)
JamesH

I was under the impression that the temple sacrifices would resume when YHWH returned.

And I think the instructions say if you don't have an animal you can purchase one. 

Your view of the relationship without the temple and priest is very revealing. That IS what we have today. thanks