logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JamesH  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:45:53 PM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would like to apologize to everyone here at YY forum if I have offended you or disrupted the forum with my extreme views.

YY forum is a very unique site and I would like to be part of it.

I won’t bring up any of my extreme views unless asked.

JamesH
Offline tagim  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:59:58 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

JamesH, by the time you got booted by James, I was still trying to understand whatever, all that is about you. Let me state briefly, if you do remain on the site, i would like to see you square away with James, who has spent an inordinate amount of time attempting to answer your inquiries. Maybe an irritant to others, but to James, you consumed all his time and patience. I would think you would become very attached to this site, having been here nearly five years. Sure, stay around; if need be, make your amends.
Offline JamesH  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 10:30:47 PM(UTC)
JamesH

Tagim

I would like to apologize to James he has been more than patient and fair and moderates this site very well. I do understand the time he puts into it and other subjects and am very thankful .

Tagim, I would also like to apologize to as well for what I put the forum through.

It was my fault for the way I pressed the discussions, that was never my intention. My behavior was wrong

One thing I learned is that it is very easy to have misconceptions about who people are when discussing in a forum with just short comments.

Not to make any excuses for my behavior I was wrong. But I am 56 yrs old worked 27 yrs  as a technician in the gas transmission industry in California and dealt with a lot of construction people.

I honestly started out hoping to discuss and translate Isaiah 7:14 and it's implication. When the discussion became directed at me personally by some others,( not James ) I responded back inappropriate and everything snowballed from there. I became angry and directed it at everyone at the forum. I felt like I was back in church when I questioned their doctrine. Again my behavior was wrong.

I realize now that I need to be very careful on a forum how I say things and to be very clear.

I am circumcised, have and will continue to observe and keep YHWH's feasts also observe and keep YHWH's Torah to the best of my ability.

JamesH
Offline tagim  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:42:53 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

JamesH, as I indicated, I have no problem with you continuing here, nor should i have. I honestly feel you should address James privately of your concerns. He is certainly deserving of that, and he is also responsible for the overall conduct exhibited here. I wish you well in your decision. I appreciate your response.
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:00:04 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
JamesH,

You don't need to apologize to me. And you are free to stay in the forum, in fact I hope you do. I also do not want you to cease contributing contradictory ideas. We grow by challenging each other and challenging our ways of thinking. So please stay and please challenge our ways of thinking when you disagree.

My only issue was with your unwillingness to address issues brought up counter to your ideas. The only way a debate is productive is when it is done in a point counter point style, otherwise it delves into pointlessness. This is the style of debate that has been at the center of this forum since I have been here, it is why I was attracted to it and why I have devoted so much time to it. I asked you to leave only if you were unwilling to engage in this type of debate, so long as you are willing to engage this way you are more than welcome to stay and bring up any ideas you wish, but be prepared to defend them appropriately when challenged.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline cgb2  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:48:14 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Welcome back JamesH. I'd like to apologize to you for the times I personally attacked you, instead of countering your ideas.

I too welcome debate, but please; focused and not broad, without changing the subject, you're ha-Baal, etc...in other words making a rational debate possible. It just reminded me far too much of the tactics and pain I experience when sharing with many xtian freinds and family....and I lost it a few times and sorry for that.
Offline JamesH  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:22:40 AM(UTC)
JamesH

JAMES AND CGB2 , Thank You, I agree

If I have any new crazy ideas I’ll test them out down in the Twilight Zone with a warning label Confused

Thanks again. I do appreciate everyone here at YY
Offline NorthCountryGirl  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:00:08 PM(UTC)
NorthCountryGirl

I haven't been around for a while so I don't quite know what happened here, but all of this confession and forgiveness, combined with plain honesty, self-awareness and compassion, while this conversation remains rational and logical at the same time... This doesn't happen too often on public forums...
Offline JamesH  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 7:13:34 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Hi Djstill

I would like to apologize to you for my behavior toward you in previous posts. You have always been thoughtful and kind in your posts. My response Was inappropriate and wrong.

I have enjoyed your comments and your process of understanding Yah's word.

I tried to send this apology in your pm, but kept getting an error so I hope you don't mind the public apology.

JamesH
Offline dajstill  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 9:24:16 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
JamesH wrote:
Hi Djstill

I would like to apologize to you for my behavior toward you in previous posts. You have always been thoughtful and kind in your posts. My response Was inappropriate and wrong.

I have enjoyed your comments and your process of understanding Yah's word.

I tried to send this apology in your pm, but kept getting an error so I hope you don't mind the public apology.

JamesH

Thanks JamesH,

I appreciate your words. I think it is easy to get caught up in the moment on things. I am always open for a lively debate BigGrin as it stretches my mind and helps me to better understand and articulate the things that "I" think I know and always helpful when I can come to find out something "I" thought I knew was wrong. We are good.

dajstill