logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:53:53 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
When I was a xthian, I blamed EVERYTHING on satan. True story, once as a teenager I prayed over an iron and ask God to "loose the devil" from the iron since it was obviously the devil that wouldn't allow it to work LOL

I have noticed that the entire Tanak, especially the Torah, speak very little about satan (or the nahash or the adversary, or whatever the name is). In fact, I am not sure I see anything beyond an isolated incidence here or there after the tree incident in the garden. Contrast that with the "NT". Of course, Paul saw a demon under ever nook and cranny. However, Yahowsha' seems to have told the religious folk that their "father" was satan (believable). However, I am not sure I remember "demon possession" being mentioned in the Torah while Yahowsha' is said to have driven the demons out of the man and into the swine. Paul seems to admit to be demon possessed, but where did this concept start?

I clearly see the power of deception and half truths from the adversary; but is there true power beyond that?
Offline needhelp  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:47:37 AM(UTC)
needhelp

[Dajstill wrote:]
[ I clearly see the power of deception and half truths from the adversary; but is there true power beyond that?]

He can neither create anything nor usurp our freewill.
He's doing so well with deception and
manipulation, why would he need anything
more? Aren't we having enough trouble
with these two?

Edited by user Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:30:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline cgb2  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 7:30:39 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I tend to think there is plenty in T/P/P about the adversary and implied demons. Yah says not to engage in astrology, necromancy, bowing to other gods, etc. There's examples of miracles performed, like the Pharoah's magicians. Perhaps as a lure Halal Ben Shachar enticed the messengers who sided with him to recieve worship too behind various false gods.

In the modern day, it's difficult to attribute stuff like this to merely mass-hypnosis and such:
http://www.false-teachers.com/haginvideos.html