logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2012 2:25:56 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I looked through the forum and couldn't find where this had been dealt with before. If I missed it, please redirect me as I don't want to rehash something that was already dealt with.

Is there anything that covers the break in time from when Yahowsha was 12 years old in the synagog and when He is seen again around the age of 30? I know people talk about if it isn't discussed it probably isn't important to know - but I have been struggling a lot with Yahowsha. Its like, I totally "get" His predicted role and what the prophets said He would accomplish. I even now "get" the things He accomplished on Pesach, FF, and Unleavened Bread. I "get" what He is going to accomplish on Trumpets, Kippur, and Sukkot. Where I am struggling, mightily, is with the entire NT account of Him.

On the one hand I just want to dump the NT, but there are verses used from the eye witness accounts in YY and ITG. However, it is so hard to truly dicipher between what was added, what was mistranslated, etc., etc. Now I am back at the break in time in His life. He was "somewhere" for a longer amount of time than the timeframe of His life that was actually covered.

I am also really struggling with how much "man" was a part of Him. For instance - the struggle with if He knew He was Yah from the beginning. It's hard to think that Yahowsha didn't "know" who He was. When the Set Apart Spirit decended upon Him - did that become when He was "affirmed" as Yahowsha or was that just for the other people seeing it or was that something else.

When I try to "think" my way through the eye witness accounts it just gets so murky for me. Where did He go? Was He just hiding away, was He revealing Himself to people someplace else? That is just a really long span of time for nothing to happen. The other times Yahowsha was on the earth it seemed to be short stints to speak with specific people. This was a really, really long time in comparison to that experience, in yet there are these really long gaps.

I know I might not be phrasing this right, but the best way to say it is that I can understand it prophetically, but I am struggling with it naturally. I think the gap in time is a big issue for me.
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2012 3:35:43 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I think the fact that we know nothing of his life between the incident when he was 12 (only found in Luke unless i am mistaken) and the start of His teaching leading up to His fulfillment of Pesach, Matsah and Bikiriyum is very telling. To me it reaffirms that outside of His fulfillment He was relatively irrelevant.

I don't think we should totally dump the Greek text, but i think trying to study the life of Yahowsha without a firm grasp, and outside of the context of the Towrah is a fools errand.

To me outside of His teaching leading up to His fulfillment, His life was mostly irrelevant. And most of His teaching was so that people would understand His fulfillment.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline lassie1865  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2012 8:05:30 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

I think Psalm 69 covers Yahowsha's childhood in Nazareth.
Offline FredSnell  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2012 3:51:57 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
lassie1865 wrote:
I think Psalm 69 covers Yahowsha's childhood in Nazareth.

There's no misinterpreting Daniel here..

Daniel
7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed