logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 3:36:15 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
So, my mom and I are having a bit of a debate on Yah's intervention in the lives of those that don't know Him. We both have walked away from Christianity, however our opinion differs on a few things. The first is how real our Christian experiences were. My mom is a firm believer that YHWH intervened in her life when she didn't know Him in various ways - through dreams, visions, etc.
I am more on the fence in those things because I have come to see just how deceptive Christianity really was. So, the topic came down to the concept of predestination. I said that if YHWH was behind the visions, dreams, and other miracles that made her a stronger "Christian", knowing that she would one day find Him - that would in effect be a type of predestination.
Believe me it is a struggle on my end as well - its hard to know what to do with those very "real" experiences we had before we knew Yah. For instance, my own birth causes my mom to believe in predestination. They had her prepped to perform a c-section to deliver me. The doctor walked through the door and heard an audible voice say "she is not ready yet". The doctor walked into the operating room and said "I am not doing the surgery", walked out the room, our the door of the hospital, went to a bar and got drunk he was so scared by the experience. The stunned staff did an amnio and found I was at least 3 weeks away from breathing on my own - so if they would have delivered me I would have more than likely died.
Because this is a story I have been told and didn't truly "experience" myself, it isn't as real to me. But for my mom, it was clearly the intervention of YHWH before she ever knew Him.
This is one of the hardest parts of leaving religion - what to do with these type of experiences. Many people can't walk away from religion because of these type of "super natural" experiences. So - anyone have thoughts on this. I am kind of at a loss for a response myself. I really don't know to do with such experiences. I don't believe I ever had one as truly personal as my mom has had - even though hers involved me.
Any thoughts?
Offline Steve in PA  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 4:45:45 AM(UTC)
Steve in PA

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
About 35 years ago I had a very real, short, intense and profound experience with The Set-Apart Spirit (Ruach Qodesh). At the time and for many years I would have said "holy spirit". For many years I got bogged down in religion and being a bad christian. It's only been these past few years that I have come to see and am beginning to understand His Truths. I trust that He has "intervened" in my life on many occasions that I am not even aware of. In any of the "religious" antics... I'd say now that He had nothing to do with them.
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 8:05:36 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I am not one to rely on expereinces, but am in no position to judge them. Far to many people cling to their errant religions and beliefs because of experiences they have had that to them confirm it for them. That said I don't dismiss the idea that Yah may have acted in the lives of people even before they came to know Him. I would argue that this isn't not predestination, because from Yah's perspective, outside of time, rather you came to know Him 5 years ago or will come to know Him 5 years from now it is the same. So I would say that Yah knows those that will come to know Him just as He knows those that know Him now.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline FredSnell  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 2:13:56 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
If God actually intervenes in out lives? It is interesting that some, including me, have believed it at times, but I wonder a lot of times, all those martyred quickly, In His Name, by death squads at one time in history, and think surely, they(Yahudym) believed Yah would intervene, or did they? Or did they stay focused only on the path, and knowing where it leads? And then again, every day my wife and I are together and we can join in what we deem is right to Him, then we feel blessed, and in that, I think that is Him, that feeling b/c, well, that's how I feel. And for those that were and will be one day, martyred In His Name, I can't wait to meet you all.
Offline FredSnell  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 4:29:06 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Since Yah doesn't change..

Shemowth/Exodus 9: 16
"But indeed for this purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth."