logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 2:02:00 PM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have a christian acquaintance who has always had a good mind to "question", she just ends up getting pummeled back into submission by her aggressive christian keepers (her church).
She is now questioning easter. She had an article about it which stated only that easter had "pagan roots" and it was really quite gentle and its was "okay" to do the easter thing - as long as your children didn't make "idols" out of the bunnies - YUCK!

Well, I have her the history of Nimrod and she said she hadn't heard that before and wanted resources (not in an argrumentative way at all). I started her with a "safe" link for her - a christian pastor that confirms the history of christmas, easter, valentines day, etc. are all pagan and date back to Nimrod and sun god worship.

She wanted to know what to "do about easter" and I directed her to YHWH (I said God) telling the children of Israel what to do with pagan practices - shove them, don't do them, don't even utter that stuff before Him.

I don't want to overwhelm her. My journey to freedom and truth was quite gentle and if I had been hit over the head too hard I may have run away. I want to do the same for her. She has a lot on her place (7 children ages 7 and under). She has a great and inquisitive mind. Anyone have some gentle "pushes" that will allow her to at least "see" the light and choose whether or not she is ready to walk the path.

She needs something that is factual (so her christian keepers can't confuse her with lies), but in bite sized chunks. I LOVE starting with the holidays because that is easy to prove and there are both religious and secular sources for proof.

Since she is a very busy wife and mother - bite sized chunks and videos to start would be great. Again, I am just trying to place the bread crumbs in front of her so that she can choose to follow them if she pleases. about a year ago she was questioning the sabbath (why don't christians follow it and she felt God was telling her to honor it) and her christian keepers pretty much got to her through ridicule. I was too young in the journey to provide good ammunition, but I know she is open to things.

I think ITG is great, but giving an 800 page "introduction" to a busy mom of seven who also had to write lesson plans, be a wife, and do her "christian duties" at church just might be too much. I just want to put out some lights and flares so that if she is serious in her questioning, she can find the truth.
Offline MadDog  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:17:58 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
A gentle way of informing christians?!?

NO!

It took me a lot of years (20+ years) to come to the place I am today. A lot of soul searching.

Many times I'd curse God to his face.

I was angry at him. I turned my back on him so many times I've lost count.

I don't want to exaggerate but it was not an easy road.

And it's not over still.

But there was something there even though I couldn't put my finger on it.

Until I came to YY and Yada finally pieced it all together.

I think that Yada was searching too and wasn't satisfied with the "christian" explanations.

My best advice would be is that "she" needs to walk away from religion.

Unlike Daniel who for some reason thought that we were meant to persuade messianics to
come to Yahweh by participating in their customs.

You can provide the materials regardless of how long they are, but it is up to "her" to come
out of Babylon.
Offline pilgrimhere  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:42:32 PM(UTC)
pilgrimhere
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
encountrerHim once posted a link to a series of videos by bigritchie’s wife that are amazing. You may want to view them before referring them to your friend. Find them here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onHfB2ujgrE
or search abranchoftheTrueVine on YouTube. Also, RidesWithYah links this:
http://whattheydontteachyouatchurch.com/
on all of his posts. There are some great articles on that site.

One reason that I am hesitant to approach friends and family (my brother-in-law being the only exception) with this light is that I haven’t assembled a good resource list for fact checking that they would accept. My in-laws in particular would be the ones squashing any “heresy” seducing some poor Christian. I have been able to download the works of Josephus and Hislop’s The Two Babylons. Typical history books don’t make origins very clear, I’ve discovered. I haven’t read it, but I understand the book, Come Out of Her, My People is a great resource for examining origins.

The problem is that these holidays and Christian customs are so sacred to them. Exposing them is like taking candy from a baby. Can anyone say that we are not up against an exceedingly clever adversary? Only a little leaven affects the whole loaf. And even a little deception corrupts generations. I’m sure that you approach Father on behalf of your friend, and I’ll be happy to as well. The ones who are seeking diligently will find their way lighted by His Word.
Offline dajstill  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 1:58:43 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Thanks pilgrimhere! I did see those and didn't think to send them to her! I will definitely send her those - especially the series on idols.

While everyone's journey is different - I don't think it has to be long and grueling for everyone. I didn't walk away from Christianity in one big leap. But, it didn't take 20 years either. The total process was probably 12 - 18 months from my first big question to my walking away and not looking back. It was shorter for my husband. Leaving other things like patriotism were easier and faster, but only after I fully questioned Christianity. But I was always a bit of a questioner, just like the person I am referring to.

But, I had time and resources necessary to go to a lot of dead ends and "almost" and "close, but not quite". I only have 3 kids, not 7 - so my arms weren't as full and I had time and energy to push through the dead ends. Just having a list resources folks can use (for little money) would a lot - saving a lot of time and a lot of money. I probably spent close to $1,000 (if not more) on books alone. Not everyone can do that. And while ITG is free and great - it kind of jumps in without a lot of the history and background. For instance, it declares that the Father's name is YHWH and religious leaders have lied. I, personally, really needed the in depth research from other sources that showed the whole process. I needed to see the ancient coins and artifacts with proof that Constantine continued to be a sun god worshiper even after his "conversion" or see with my own eyes that the Statue of Liberty was the exact same design as an ancient deity.

I don't think it is anything wrong with helping people out by showing them were sources can be found.

One thing I am very, very sensitive to with many Christians is their very real experiences - because I had them. This particular friend has 7 kids because she and her husband adopted 2 out of the foster care system. They did it because they believed God told them to do it. Not many people would open their lives up to 2 more kids - all the same ages as children you already have, and with the very real issues those kids have that they are dealing with. It's hard, very hard to learn that you didn't even really know God's name when you "know" you had an experience, that you heard from Him. I can't mock that or be insensitive to that. She and most of the other Christians that I know are victims. I believe many Christians that I know would have gladly followed YHWH - had they been told the truth. They have been led away by being born into a pagan culture (USA) and being victimized and fleeced by Christian ministers. Anytime someone has the strength, the courage, and the unction of hearing the faint knock of Yahoshua and begin searching for truth - I want to be there to help any way that I can.

YHWH was gentle with me. My journey has been eye opening and shocking - but really, really gentle. I didn't wake up one day as say "church sucks" - I just started to find truth to the point I could no longer enter the building. The last time we entered a church building was during the Christian Christmas time. My head and heart were already gone and our attendance was sporadic. It was the last bit of disgusting rubbish that my husband needed to see though. We left completely and didn't look back with regret of leaving. But it was still a journey.

Honestly, if my journey would have started with "you must leave Christianity" I don't know if I would have continued on it. I needed to see each and every lie and have the religion crumble in front of my face. I would not have been able to start with "most of your Bible is a lie!" - I needed to see the many lies unfold before me. I couldn't start with "Paul is a false apostle and founder of the pagan Christian church". I needed to have his lies meticulously laid out before me. My first exposure to Paul being a liar wasn't by reading QP - QP confirmed what I had found in other sources. Sources that were better suited for me to begin with. For others, it does have to start with a source like QP.

Again, I am not trying to "save" anyone. But I also see no harm in throwing a life raft to someone trying to get out of a rip tide. I think a rip tide is a very good paralell to leaving religion. It is so forceful, the current so strong that if you try to take it on head long by yourself - you can end up just tiring out and drowning. Your options are to 1)let it just carry you out and hope you have enough energy to swim back when the tide has moved, 2) swim parallel to the tide until you are past it, and then swim to shore or 3) have some really, really strong person throw you a line and have them pull for dear life while you fight on your end as well. I just want to throw her enough line so that if she chooses to fight for a life with YHWH - she will have the energy to make it in. For her, her husband, and her seven children.
Offline Mike  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 5:18:31 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Offline dajstill  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 6:56:12 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Perfect! Thanks so much
Offline cgb2  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:13:37 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
and Richard's (flintface) website is gentler too.

http://www.blessyahowah.com/index.html