logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline pilgrimhere  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 5:02:28 AM(UTC)
pilgrimhere
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
This past Sabbath has been an amazing experience that only those of you can appreciate (among anyone I can think to share it with). My wife and I are equally convinced that we have been deceived; we are now walking on the same path! By Sunday evening, I was hoisting the fake tree out of the storage closet and hauling it to the dumpster decor and all. The repulsive nature of Easter was relatively easy to present and was confirmed to her in the history books she teaches our kids from. After considering the 9 month (gestation) period between Easter and Christmas and other information regarding Nicaea, the connection became undeniable. Now, we are excited to observe Passover and all of Yah's appointments ... although we hardly know what we are doing. We've been observing Sabbath for a few months now and can clearly see that Towrah is NOT a burden. And with the complete image (mostly) visible, Towrah is a delight ... Ya's Towrah is "better to me than thousands of pieces of gold and silver!" Ps 119:72 By the way, does Psalm 119 sound like a description of Towrah from someone who is suffering "bondage"? How have I overlooked this for so many years!?

Recently, we visited my sister, brother-in-law and their kids. I gave to my brother-in-law via a flash drive a YY compilation I had assembled including: POD & FH (text and audio), TOM, current ITG & complete YY and QP pdf's, recordings from Richard's Bless Yahweh web site of radio archives, as well as some other reference material. As I was presenting some description of the whats and whys, his expression appeared strained but tolerant. This was the first exposure I've given to my extended family. He emailed me some web sites on apologetics after we returned home. (Sigh ...)

One last thing: my wife brought Psalm 121 to my attention yesterday and particularly -

The sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night. (Psalm 121:6 WEB)

She found comfort from Babylon and Islam in those words.

I appreciate all of you.
Offline tagim  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:20:19 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Which means he was not two paragraphs in when he dumped a "trump card" on you. And what read can possibly trump Torah? (sigh) Still, we are told to try.

I applaud your efforts.
Offline pilgrimhere  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 11:57:46 AM(UTC)
pilgrimhere
Man

tagim,

I thought of you as I watched the walls of Babylon crumble in my home. In my joy and relief, I wished you could experience a similar breakthrough in your home. Honestly, I made little to no effort to persuade my wife of anything I was being exposed to from POD and FH to ITG and YY. I nearly had to choke some of it down myself. Sometimes I would present a question for her reaction and discovered that she was contemplating many of the same things I was just from reading TPP.

I truly hope that you will see a passion for Towrah in your family soon.
Offline dajstill  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:29:36 PM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Congrats on taking such a big step with your extended family! That is really, really neat. Even if it was rejected - you had the heart to reach out. That is definitely inspiring!
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:04:34 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
pilgrimhere wrote:
I made little to no effort to persuade my wife of anything I was being exposed to from POD and FH to ITG and YY.

Pilgrimhere,

That was the same experience I had with my wife, I didn't go about it as trying to persuade or convince her, but just sharing what I was learning. That often got us into to long debates and discussions, but I never really tried to convince her, Scripture did that.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline FredSnell  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:51:04 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
At first it was the opposite effect that happened with me, but I have always had anger issues, and most stemmed from politics, and once I realized how much I had been duped, I flipped on this world and was ready to destroy any that crossed my path. So I owe a huge debt of gratitude to a brother I haven't written to in a while, from Florida. When he showed me how my behavior was not going to help anyone, through using scripture and good sense, it started to make even more sense. I recognized the anger was more with myself than anyone else. Not living with that yoke of politics was so freeing I couldn't believe it. I guess we are all different and that's okay as far as I'm concerned, but I recommend a slow turn for anyone now days. That quick turn one can actually do more harm than good. When you evaluate the evidence and come to its truths, let it soak a little while before denouncing this world with what you have learned.
Offline pilgrimhere  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 12:11:13 PM(UTC)
pilgrimhere
Man

encounterHim,

Today I watched all 10 videos by abranchoftheTrueVine from your post:

http://forum.yadayahweh....rning-to-do-without.aspx .

I have got to put them into my YY compilation! My eyes are still bugged out. I especially enjoyed the woman’s role video as I reflected on how my wife holds my home together. With all that I am becoming aware of (not just a paradigm shift, but discarding all I have known for all that is true), it is difficult to keep from unloading both barrels on my nearest & dearest. Whereas I had been approaching Towrah with trepidation, now my fear is for friends and family. Your advice is sound, though. I have been able to come out of Babylon because of circumstances that have manifested over several years. Church has been sand in my teeth for some time now – secular holidays as well. And now I would, perhaps audaciously, like for others who are steeped in Babylon to quickly comprehend the passion for Towrah described in Psalm 119. As I try to formulate some effective approach, I will consider what you have recommended.