logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 10:00:31 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
For those with a Kindle Fire - I managed to send ITG to my Kindle! I broke it down into smaller files (approximately 40 pages per file), then emailed it to my kindle email address. One click and it was automatically loaded onto my Kindle! I am so excited I could cry! Can now take ITG with my for study wherever I go!

Not sure if this would work for other e readers - but I am sure anyone that allows you to send personal files for viewing would work.

Now we do the happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Offline FredSnell  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 11:35:35 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
just wondering, daj, if I pm my kindle address to you can I get it from you?
Offline dajstill  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 1:03:22 PM(UTC)
dajstill

Yes, just make sure I am on your list of safe email addresses. They block spam, so you have to authorize any emails that come to you. When you PM me your kindle email I will send you my email so you can make sure it will come through!

Offline pilgrimhere  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 5:56:12 PM(UTC)
pilgrimhere
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Excellent dajstill! I have had ITG on my BB for months but gave up trying to read it from that because I could never pick up where I left off ... and the screen is tiny of coarse. Now, I have ITG, TOM, FH, as well as many other books including the Family Guide to Biblical Holidays you recommended a while back all on my iPad. I even have a free version of Logos on it. The problem is that I could put all this on my iPad in a matter of minutes but have yet to really sit down and ingest it into my heart and mind. I'm taking the family camping (first real vacation in many years) next week so I will surely be able to commit some time to ITG and TPP.
Happy Sabbath All!

Edited by user Saturday, March 10, 2012 9:26:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: oops, need to spellcheck myself

Offline Perry  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 11:57:04 AM(UTC)
Perry

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have had ITG and Yada's other books on my Kindle for a long time. There are many free ebook converters for pdf, text and doc formats available. I use Calibre for my Mac.
Offline Richard  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:43:05 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I also have ITG on my Kindle Fire. However, the Hebrew and Paleo-Hebrew characters never transfer over as anything other than empty blocks. Has that been y'all's experience as well?
Offline dajstill  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2012 3:19:32 PM(UTC)
dajstill

flintface wrote:
I also have ITG on my Kindle Fire. However, the Hebrew and Paleo-Hebrew characters never transfer over as anything other than empty blocks. Has that been y'all's experience as well?

So far, everything reads perfectly on mine. I think I saw one random character, but not sure if it was like that on my file when I forwarded..
Offline cgb2  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 7:55:19 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
dajstill wrote:
So far, everything reads perfectly on mine. I think I saw one random character, but not sure if it was like that on my file when I forwarded..

Yeah when sending PDFs to <username>@kindle.com WITHOUT "convert" in the subject line, the fonts come out OK...
but then you are left with having to zoom in and scroll back and forth.

Despite loosing the special fonts and a few other glitches I much prefer the "convert" ones with large text, & good page and line wrapping.
Offline Richard  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:35:59 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Thank you for clearing that up, Chuck. I'm with you about preferring the converted version. If I absolutely, positively have to study the Paleo-Hebrew or Hebrew characters, then I can look at the document on my computer.
Offline knowing1  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 9:11:22 AM(UTC)
knowing1

Where can I access the ITG? I have been looking but can not find it!

Thanks.

Knowing1
Offline pilgrimhere  
#11 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 9:23:08 AM(UTC)
pilgrimhere
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
The quickest access to ITG from here is to follow the link above (post #9, flintface) to the Bless Yahowah web site. You will find a treasure of excellent resources there. AITG is at the top right and can be downloaded as a PDF.
Offline knowing1  
#12 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 9:43:53 AM(UTC)
knowing1

Thank you Pilgrimhere!

I will try it.
Offline knowing1  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 5:37:50 AM(UTC)
knowing1

Thanks Pilgrim! I downloaded the PDF of the ITG, used an online ePub converter and copied to my Pandigital Novel tablet. Except for some character issues, the whole document is on my tab!

Thanks again!