logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2012 4:52:17 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hey guys, have to admit my big area of weakness here. We are in the middle of active tornado warnings in my area. My area was hit pretty hard by tornadoes last year, including my home. YHWH was faithful and even though the damage should have been bad (2 trees landed on our roof) the damage was relatively minimal. However, when we fled our home we ended up going through and F5 at our "bug out" location with family. Their house was spared, but the subdivision suffered extreme loss (probably 1/4 of the homes destroyed). I get antsy now and we are in the midst of confirmed tornadoes being sighted here.
I put on a good face for the kids, but I don't feel the peace in YHWH that I know He wants me to feel. Could use an extra boost. Really don't want to experience a day like that again. I was outside during one of the tornadoes (running to get my kids; we weren't homeschooling at the time and I was going to pick them up from school. Didn't even see the tornado over me and can't believe I survived. Praise Yah they had construction workers at the school that day and they pulled me inside the building).
Unfortunately my husband is on lockdown at his job and can't come home right now (after last year's tornadoes people are no longer allowed to leave most job places around here - lots of deaths). I know Yah is faithful and I am need not be afraid; I just need a little help in finding the peace I should have during the storm.
Offline FredSnell  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2012 5:17:50 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
You got it, sister! Once in a life is enough when it comes to tornados. May this day find you and yours safe by the end of this day.
Offline pilgrimhere  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2012 6:36:01 AM(UTC)
pilgrimhere
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Very happy to approach Yah on behalf of you and yours! May the set apart Spirit be a shield and comfort to you.
Offline FredSnell  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2012 12:13:57 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

My goodness!! Hope you and your family stayed safe through all that? The news is all over this story and it looks like 12 states were affected. You and your family are in our thoughts.
Offline dajstill  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2012 12:40:18 PM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers everyone. I have been much more calm through this "storm". We are doing fine. Have had around 3 on ground tornadoes in the area including one not too far from our home. However, we are great and we even still have power!
The weather report is that we may have sporadic weather and tornadoes through around 10:00 PM tonight.

Thanks again. Its times like this when I realize I am definitely NOT built to endure the tribulation - LOL! Trying to keep a sense of humor. Thankfully the tornadoes have been relatively small (F2 and F3), nothing like the F5's we had last year.

Glad I can begin this Sabbath with peace in my heart knowing that I and my family are on the narrow path! Will be in Psalm 91 tonight!
Offline FredSnell  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2012 1:48:04 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Happy Sabbath all. Think we will join you and read 91 to 100. I love 100 on the Sabbath.
Offline tagim  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2012 3:38:25 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

happy to know you and family are safe.