logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jim  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:50:08 PM(UTC)
Jim
Man

Is the YY team going to take on the extremely large and daunting task of expanding out the whole of the Scriptures? What are the chances that this part of the forum can be used for the delegation of effort in support of such a goal. I can't help but think that we are missing more just based on the sampling in YY.
Jim
Offline Jim  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2007 8:00:20 AM(UTC)
Jim
Man

Swalchy,
WOW! How long have you been working on this? I greatly appreciate the notes out to the right with meanings of names and additional reference.

From a practical approach and tied to my first question, where do you fit the time in for this? Do you have a method that has developed over time for the analysis?

Oh yeah, welcome!

Jim
Offline Randy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2007 8:19:02 AM(UTC)
Randy
Man

Swalchy,
What a great web site. I LOVE IT, i cant wait to read more!
Offline Jeannie  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2007 1:29:27 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Swalchy, have you thought of using this software program http://www.logos.com/originallanguages ? I don't know if it would save you any time or not but it might be worth checking out. I'm going to check out your site now..Welcome by the way!
Jeannie
Offline Jeannie  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2007 3:51:53 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Maybe that is a question that needs to be asked of them!! Jeannie
Offline Joseph  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2007 7:33:07 PM(UTC)
Joseph
Man

Swaltchy...
Having just reviewed this thread, I haven't had time to check out your work yet but I can't wait to do so. We should all yearn for the authentic word of Yahweh!
I have to tell you though that I got goosebumps reading the story of how you came to begin your project and how He spoke to you! Amazing!
Offline shohn  
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2007 6:54:46 AM(UTC)
shohn

Whoah!

Nice work! I don't suppose you'd care to publish a "howto" or a "tutorial" on how to duplicate the work and help you check it? I think that would be helpful readers of Yada Yahweh as well.

Something like - purchase logos, which is available at -> whatever site
Download the images of the oldest manuscripts here ->
Verify they are the oldest manuscripts here and here -> lists of all renewed covenant manuscripts by date
Lookup the Greek words like this....

I've noticed for many, it is important to be able to check the math (including myself), and writing such a tutorial would help. I'd be willing to write it, if you were willing to walk me through the process. Even in Yada Yahweh I think that would be helpful. Perhaps even these questions that are popping up on the forum could be documented in a FAQ somewhere?

Shohn

--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Jeannie  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2007 5:22:00 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Thank you Swalchy!! have printed and reading it now...
Offline James  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2007 9:30:45 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Great work Swalchy.

I'm just a poor kid paying my way through college right now, so I can't aford logos, but plan to get it eventually. I do however have a bible study software package I got pretty cheap, and using the Strong's links and other resources I have been able to do some amplification, but nothing on the scale you did. It took me a week and half, working when ever I had the chance, just to amplify Psalm 91.

Thanks for doing the leg work for us.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline James  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:13:23 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Thanks for the tips Swalchy, I didn't realize you were so young, I'm 24. I'll have to remember that Job quote the next time I'm discussing scripture with my mother in-law. It can be quite daunting try to talk with older people who are so set in their ways.

Most of the translation I have done have been only a few versus, to get the context of a verse that was given to me as a challenge, but one day I had an urge to translate Psalm 91, so I did. I’ve found that Psalm to be very encouraging.

Edit:
Swalchy wrote:

If you want a good book on learning Hebrew then John Dobson's "Learn New Testament Greek" is a good start

Is this a typo Swalchy, or does a Greek book actully teach Hebrew also?

Edited by user Thursday, November 1, 2007 8:34:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand