logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:51:46 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Is there anyplace that has good info on the true words of Yahoshua versus the disputed words that may have been added? For instance, I have read that John 8 - the story in the woman caught in adultery, may have been an addition.

I have also heart (I think) that Luke 23:43 may have been an addition (about the thief being with Him "today" in paradise)

We have come to the conclusion that the only things worth reading in the NT are the Words of Yahoshua and Revelation. I am also comfortable with reading things from his disciples from a historical perspective. However, I want to make sure when I am reading His words, they really are His words. If someone can lead me to a source (I haven't gotten completely through of of YY, so if its there just let me know).

Thanks everyone!
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 2:56:08 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
dajstill, I would say the best place for a good translation of the Greek text, one based on the oldest manuscripts, is www.thewaytoyahweh.com

Stephen used to be a member of the forum here, and has dedicated a lot of time to translating and amplifying the Greek text from the oldest manuscripts. His translations can take some getting used to as they are heavily amplified and do not use the parenthetical style of YY, but once you get the hang of it they are very useful.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline dajstill  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:31:31 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thanks, I will check them out!

My mom would like to hand write out all the words of Yahoshua to have in a book to study without the "other" stuff surrounding it. Will check this site out now!