logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline James  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:33:10 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
We are going to attempt to archive the YYRadio programs on the YY site. The goal is to split the shows into two portions, one covering the news and the other the Scripture review portion. This way those that wish to listen to only the Scripture portion or only the news portion of any given show may do so. Once we get the archive done keeping it up to date will not be an issue.

I'm looking for some volunteers to help split the archive shows so that this can be finished in a timely manner. The freeware program Audacity can be used to do this very easily, so no software purchases will be needed, just a lot of time. The idea would be to split the show and then give a brief description of what was discussed in each portion. If you are interested in helping email me at jamesbowen@yadayahweh.com and I will attempt to coordinate as well as help in splitting the audio files.

I think the first goal should be to do the ITG shows, and then go back from that point and create archives of the older stuff.

Thanks
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Walt  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:37:36 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Me and my wife will help for sure. On a personal note James, you got enough on your plate without having to do the splitting - I feel you'd be contributing more on the translating area since most don't have the software to do it.
Offline FredSnell  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:17:16 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
What can a person do that has no legit skills in the computer world? Maybe curl up on the rug with the dog, and bark at people? I'm useless after that, until someone points me to a safe place that I can't screw up. But I do know there are some out there that have legitimate skills and I hope, hope, hope, they (he) will come forward in love for his brothers.
What's the saying, "keep on keepin on"
Offline Mike  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:53:57 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
James,

I already have the shows edited for Scripture Only going back to June 6, 2011. I do this every week anyway because I want to listen to the scripture part multiple times. They aren’t perfect, meaning they may still have a minute of news at the beginning of the MP3 before Yada says “Moving on to the Introduction to God…”

Using Nero8 software I can reduce the sampling rate so that the files aren’t as big. For example a typical complete show from BTR is 21MB sampled at 32kbs. If I edit the file for scripture only and reduce the sample rate to 24kbs then the file is 8MB or if I reduce the sample rate to 17kbs then the file is 6MB. Yada’s voice may sound a little tinny at 17kbs but you can still understand what he is saying.

So if you want I can send you the edited files. Anyway, I volunteer to help with this project.
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 4:45:54 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
EH, even with out computer skills you could aide in the labeling process. Even once they are split we will need to go through and skim through each and create a small list of what was discussed in them.

Mike, that's awesome, that will save a lot of time. I would go with the higher bit rate, Yada is planing on increasing the bandwidth and the storage space on the site, and 8MB files aren't that much bigger than 6MB. I'm assuming you have them labeled by date for organizational purposes.

Those who haven't emailed me yet go ahead and do it, I am looking into setting up a cloud storage that we can use to share the files, and will email everyone a link to it when I get it set up.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline tagim  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 9:15:57 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

James, eH, all, this thread is about to explode in its organization. To overall help keep us guided, would be an idea to form a Ways and Means Committee. That way, those of us with less computer skills, in whatever way imagined, could also be a help. It could involve more activity, thought and support from a larger membership base. Initially it could be to determine what it is we all would need as we expand. I leave the rest to your imagination.
Offline FredSnell  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2011 2:57:17 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

I am at your service. Need coffee anyone...lol. Naw, really, where ever I can be of use, I would love to feel needed in this endeavor.
Offline FredSnell  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 6:37:42 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Okay, here's how big a dummy I am when it comes to technology. My daughters down for these few days. I'm in the shop working and she comes in and ask howcome I don't have the show on. I forgot and dropped everything so I could run in, but she stopped me and let me know it will come over my phone...duh!
She brings it up on my phone and then sets it into the docking station for my Ipod, and voila, shows on in the shop and coming through my radio..hehehe.
Man I'm out of touch!
Offline FredSnell  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 6:40:51 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

By the way, great show today. I was talking to my wife yesterday and we brought up, Thanksgiving. Well that night is black Friday. I told her it's a crying shame on this country that we take a day as a nation, to thank God, they even before it's done, we start out x-mas shopping and Friday, the following day of this national recognition, begins the number one day for shop lifters. Talking about disgusting. That's why I'm away from all of mans traditions.
Offline cgb2  
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 4:12:15 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
encounterHim wrote:
By the way, great show today. I was talking to my wife yesterday and we brought up, Thanksgiving. Well that night is black Friday. I told her it's a crying shame on this country that we take a day as a nation, to thank God, they even before it's done, we start out x-mas shopping and Friday, the following day of this national recognition, begins the number one day for shop lifters. Talking about disgusting. That's why I'm away from all of mans traditions.

This article highlights some of black-friday:
http://theeconomiccollap...eals-like-crazed-animals
Offline Mike  
#11 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 4:58:51 AM(UTC)
Mike

Over the weekend I completed editing all of the shows from April 18, 2011 (the beginning of ITG) to November 25, 2011 to Scripture Only. I cleaned them up so that they all start with Yada’s intro (like “…Now returning to the introduction to God…”). The files are sampled at 24kbps, the average file size is 8 to 9 MB, some are bigger, some smaller. Total storage requirement so far is 1GB.

If someone could do a short show summary that would be helpful. This will take some time. For example the 6-13-2011 show summary could be: Yirmayahuw / Yah Lifts Up / Jeremiah 23:28 to 23:34.
Offline Walt  
#12 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 5:54:40 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Ah Mike - you are awesome.
I tried using audacity to edit, but it wouldn't work. I think because my default audio is Rhapsody which is propitiatory in format so it can't be edited. If there isn't a place set up on YY quick to store & access them, could you email me some ITG starting from the beginning?
The wife & I can write up a summary.
I can't listen to the program live @ work because streaming audio is blocked. The chat room won't even function @ work.
Offline Mike  
#13 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 9:59:14 AM(UTC)
Mike

Walt,

Check your home e-mail. There is a link to a file sharing website that James setup. I uploaded 112 mp3 files to the file sharing site under the “Mike” directory. You can download the files from that site. That will be easier than e-mail. I’ll upload new files as I edit the new shows.

Shalom
Offline Walt  
#14 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 11:02:22 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Yup, got it, thanks.
Start downloading tonight.