logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Walt  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 6:31:06 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

What are people here doing for the long weekend? I realize that it's a "grey area" holiday that some do and others don't. For many it's more about family get together than anything else. We don't have any family any closer than the east coast, and we don't have any friends in the area so we don't do anything. Haven't done anything for awhile being anti-traditionalists. Though when we lived in the Sea-Tac area we started our own tradition of doing seafood bbq-grilled for dinner.
Have a free hotel night, thinking about hitting some trails in Moad Thurs & Fri
Offline FredSnell  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 12:53:48 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Sorry for that previous post...my wife wanted it down b/c she thought I might give the impression that others should think about working too, and she's not like me when it comes to time off. I forget, sorry guys. And besides, I was thinkining, (not much after a few) but still, I was thinking when I posted that, we were fixing to have turkey day. So Walt, you still have Monday thru Wendsday.
Offline MadDog  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 7:26:16 AM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Thanksgiving is the only "holiday" I do observe besides Yahweh's seven feasts and only kosher food at that. I don't even celebrate birthdays anymore. I will be "gobbling" up some turkey with my sister and her household.

I don't see any reason why not to observe Thanksgiving. I don't see any reason why people would object. Can someone explain why to me?
Offline FredSnell  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 8:25:31 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
MadDog wrote:
Thanksgiving is the only "holiday" I do observe besides Yahweh's seven feasts and only kosher food at that. I don't even celebrate birthdays anymore. I will be "gobbling" up some turkey with my sister and her household.

I don't see any reason why not to observe Thanksgiving. I don't see any reason why people would object. Can someone explain why to me?

For me personally, I'm thankful every day, but certainly understand anyone that views family time during this day as important. I wouldn't begrudge anyone that at all.
I would read the, Mayflower Pact, and then in blue in the right cloumn what it originally represents to this country.
http://www.allabouthisto...rg/mayflower-compact.htm