logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Dominick8720  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2010 5:42:30 PM(UTC)
Dominick8720

Greetings Everyone,

I am relatively new to this forum; I've been reading posts for a couple of months now and I deeply respect the level of research and attention to detail that goes into them. A little background info on me -- over the past couple of months I have read Yada Yahweh and consider myself a member of the ekklesia; about 18 months ago I became a born-again "Christian" but thankfully didn't stop searching for the truth at that point.

I am starting a topic because I have a question. I hope this question doesn't cause anyone to inwardly roll their eyes at my ignorance!

I happened across this website about a week ago: brotherofyeshua.com/challenge.htm

Simply based on the colors and fonts alone, not to mention the use of "Jesus," "Christian," and "Church," I probably should have just closed out of the site without reading a word. But I did read it and I found it to be interesting because the writer mirrors a lot of the anti-Emperor Constantine sentiments that appear in YY (don't mean to insult Yada by comparing the above website to his). The gist of what he is saying appears at the bottom of my post.

What really piqued my interest was seeing "You are my son; today I have begotten you." in Psalms 2:7, Acts 13:33, and Hebrews 1:5 and 5:5 (the website refers the reader to those verses). The writer says that Luke 3:22 originally used that verbiage as well - I found some indication of that but I am no expert.

Here's my question: Is there anything to this guy's theory or is he completely out of his mind? And as a follow-up question, what book(s)/websites/approach do you recommend for someone like me who is interested in the history of scripture?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Here's a quote from the above website:

The historical and spiritual factualness of these words can be proven when one understands the original words that were spoken to the man Jesus at his baptism in the Jordan River -- when the Voice of God stated: "Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee" -- which means that the historical man Jesus was a man who became the Messiah/Christ when he overcame the Laws and became Anointed by God. That the later Church of Rome which existed as a puppet under the pagan sun worshipping Emperor Constantine, censored and changed the very words of God spoken to mankind, is the primary reason why the Christian world remains shackled to the abyss of spiritual ignorant to this very day. In the above article it is demonstrated that all the pre-Nicene Christian authors who quoted the baptism sequence in their writings, confirmed that prior to the fourth century editing of the scriptures by Pagan Rome, that the Gospels confirmed that Jesus became the Lord's Anointed (Messiah/Christ) by fulfilling and overcoming the Laws. Moreover, in addition to the six (6) pre-Nicene Christian authors who are cited in The Ten Words, this fact is further confirmed in the more ancient surviving biblical texts that modern translators continue to ignore to the spiritual pearl of the Christian world today. That the modern Church continues to reject the very words of God spoken to mankind, in favor of the censored and corrupted words of the fourth century Emperor of Pagan Rome, is the reason why the modern Church which has caused itself to be spiritually flat-lined, only possesses what Paul portrayed as the "elementary" doctrines that the Church Father Origen defined as being “...preached in the Churches …for the simpleminded and for the ears of the common crowd who are led on to live better lives by their belief” (see Origen, Contra Celsum).
Offline Zeke  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2010 7:18:05 PM(UTC)
Zeke

Welcome to the forum Dominick. I too am very new to the forum, well posting to it anyway. If you haven't taken a look at Swalchy's site you should.

http://www.thewaytoyahuweh.com/

Below is his amplified version of the Acts 13:33 reference to Psalm 2:7

‘You are and exist as My Son, Child and Offspring.
Today, this very day, at this present time, I Myself
have given birth to and have begotten You,
causing You to arise and stand.’ *

I recommend that you take the time to read the "About" section and the Introduction in the "Translation" section before you dive in.

Yada's Re'shith Chapter in the Genesis Section of Yada Yahweh is a good place to start as well.

http://yadayahweh.com/Yada_Yahweh_Genesis_Reshith.YHWH

Take care!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 12:55:12 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey Dom - you will find a fair few sites that say similar things to YY, but you should really approach them in the same way (included YY) try and prove them wrong. As Ken and Yada say "even a blind squirrel can sometimes find an acorn" - I have read lots of sites and some books that have awesome research into for example the Pagan influence in Christianity and how its terribly wrong - yet promote something just as bad as a counter. It is the same for the majority of Messianic assemblies - they all figure out something is wrong, they then cling to that single thing and base everything round that instead of looking around them and seeing that there is a lot more that needs to be sorted.

With the Messianic example, most go from evangelical Christian to Spiritual Jewish - (Spiritually meaning most Jews are very "physical" - do this do that, blar blar) they follow Talmud without knowing it's not Torah...

So I'm sure this guy says some correct things, but it's always good to question it... he might have some points we have missed too. (Same as with YY/FH though to be frank).

I hear ya with the font styling things though - it's an instant warning for me too :D

Welcome to the forums! Good to have another one of us on board :) AND well done for making it out of Christianity so fast!
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline In His Name  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 4:37:22 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Dominick8720 wrote:
I am starting a topic because I have a question. I hope this question doesn't cause anyone to inwardly roll their eyes at my ignorance!

Don't worry Dom, we all take the time to exhibit our ignorance now and then. ;-p

Dominick8720 wrote:
Simply based on the colors and fonts alone, not to mention the use of "Jesus," "Christian," and "Church," I probably should have just closed out of the site without reading a word.

Fonts and colors??? How about the fact that this guy claims to be the reincarnate brother of Yeshua/Jesus(Yahshua)?!?!? brother of yeshua .com?!?!?!

Dominick8720 wrote:
What really piqued my interest was seeing "You are my son; today I have begotten you." in Psalms 2:7, Acts 13:33, and Hebrews 1:5 and 5:5 (the website refers the reader to those verses). The writer says that Luke 3:22 originally used that verbiage as well - I found some indication of that but I am no expert.

Here's my question: Is there anything to this guy's theory or is he completely out of his mind?

Based on his professed identity, out of his mind is a distinct possibility, but if his theory is that the words in scripture have been changed; I say DUH. You have read YY. You know things have been changed. Beyond that simple agreement I don't get his point. Is he saying the Yahshua was a just a man until he was baptized, and at that moment he became God?

Welcome to the forum Dom!
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Dominick8720  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 5:11:36 AM(UTC)
Dominick8720

Thanks for the feedback and the kind words. I agree that the best approach is to compare what someone is saying to Scripture. And I agree that the 'dealbreaker' with brotherofyeshua.com - aside from the fonts and graphics - is that he literally claims to be the "brother of Yeshua."

In retrospect, maybe that wasn't the best choice for starting a new thread but I am glad I posted something, because I've been wanting to introduce myself to you and also to discuss some of the questions that have arisen as a result of reading YY. So, just a heads-up - you can expect to see a lot more questions from me - but next time I'll be more selective before bringing something up! Hopefully, one day in the not-too-distant future, I'll say something in this forum that actually edifies someone else.

Have a great week, and thanks again for the warm welcome.
Offline TRUTH B-TOLD  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 4:34:02 AM(UTC)
TRUTH B-TOLD
Man

Shalom Friends,

"Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee" , this is an interesting verse, it seems to say that there was a moment in time when Yahshua was begotten. If begotten means " only unique ", does this mean there was a time or moment when Yahshua wasn't Yahweh's only unque Son ? If begotten means " born from or come from " then when was it that Yahshua came forth from ? Is this verse saying " this day I have made thee unique or this day I have made you my Son ?

Thanks for any help, TBT
Offline jamess497  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2011 9:34:42 PM(UTC)
jamess497

Welllllllcooooome to all who join this community. Hope we all have great discussion and learn something from this forum.
I am here to learn and get the knowledge from your experience hoping we all have a great stay here.

Edited by moderator Friday, October 7, 2011 2:55:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: removed link to advertisment

Offline cgb2  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 2:43:24 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Interesting Amplified of Acts 13 here:
http://www.thewaytoyahuw.../version1/acts#chapter13

Included is a quote of Psalms 2:7 (in Greek)
Offline cgb2  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 2:47:22 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
...and reading around it, the context seems to be more on how Yahowsha fullfilled Passover/UB/Firstfruits.