logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matthew  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 4:40:37 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I've recently started the P90X program, which I believe is quite common to find advertised in the US. So far going well, into my third week, but I'm struggling to keep the every day 60-90 minutes workout schedule. Often I get 2 days in a row where my schedule is just way too busy to even consider doing exercise.

So just as a matter of interest, what do you guys do to keep healthy?
Offline Yah Tselem  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2011 3:33:46 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've been doing P90X for years.. I've never done the 90 days in a row that you're supposed to do.. don't worry about missing days, just try to find a schedule that works for you. I usually do it for a couple weeks, then quit, then a couple weeks later start again, etc etc.. I haven't done P90X in the last couple months, but I started running several days ago.. In my mind, pretty much any workout is a good workout as long as you like it and it gets you off the couch. I'm just happy to be exercising again after struggling w my health the last 18 months. I used to play competitive basketball twice a week.. It's been 18 months since I was on the court, but I'm hoping to get back out there soon. I also enjoy volleyball and golf but that's not really exercise but rather just for fun..
Offline Richard  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2011 3:48:12 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Some years ago I stopped mouthing off to those who are larger and tougher than I, and that seems to have helped me stay physically unmarred most of the time.
Offline Daniel  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2011 2:53:18 AM(UTC)
Daniel

P90X is a huge drain on your time. I couldn't afford the time commitment.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline FredSnell  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2011 4:57:09 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Yea, the yoga lesson alone is a real killer. I never sweated more, even in this tx heat when working. My son now does, The Rush Fit Workout. Shorter workout but high intensity. I'm not doing any of them any longer.

Daniel, i also do the PT 145 workout..
Offline Matthew  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2011 1:01:30 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I enjoy golf too. Played it my whole junior life. Pity my clubs are still boxed and underneath my bed since we moved here 5 years ago. Golf ain't big in Brazil, still an elitist sport and prices are somewhat steep.

Yeah, the time commitment is the real issue I face. Today was another day passed without exercise, third day in a row. Not very P90X like, is it? lol. I enjoy running too, but really do only 30 minutes a time. Haven't been in about a month, but that's because in my spare time I've tried to do this P90X course. The Yoga X is probably my favourite routine. Really tough the first 40 minutes. Most of the time I'm laughing at myself since I can't handle the positions for too long.