logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline In His Name  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:32:34 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
THE LOOKOUT
a Yahoo New Blog
Wed Mar 30, 11:36 am ET
Could lead codices prove ‘the major discovery of Christian history’?
By Chris Lehmann
British archaeologists are seeking to authenticate what could be a landmark discovery in the documentation of early Christianity: a trove of 70 lead codices that appear to date from the 1st century CE, which may include key clues to the last days of Jesus' life. As UK Daily Mail reporter Fiona Macrae writes, some researchers are suggesting this could be the most significant find in Christian archeology since the Dead Sea scrolls in 1947.
UserPostedImage

I hope they don't take 50 years to figure this out. (I guess we will have the story first hand by then ;) )
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Daniel  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 3:37:46 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Saw it on FoxNews, too: http://www.foxnews.com/s...t-books-uncovered-jordan

FoxNews wrote:
The writing featured in the books is a form of archaic Hebrew script with ancient messianic symbols, mixed with some form of a code, according to a news release. The codices show notable references to symbols of the Feast of Tabernacle, and depict images of menorahs and fruiting palm trees.

What?!?!? Jesus said we didn't have to do any of that Jewish stuff, didn't He?
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline john56  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:52:17 AM(UTC)
john56

I just hope the writing does not give the name " Jesus" !!!
Offline sirgodfrey  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:31:22 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

^LOLHAHA
Offline Walt  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:48:02 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

john56 wrote:
I just hope the writing does not give the name " Jesus" !!!

Doesn't matter - the religious will insert it there
Offline YAHisLIGHT  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:19:06 PM(UTC)
YAHisLIGHT

Very cool... Does anyone know where elese we can find info about these other than Fox News? I read the link, but I want to know more than the info they showed.
HalleluYAH... Blessings and Protection, Peace and Love to all YAHUWAH'S People, in YAHUSHUA MessiYAH and YAH'S RUWACH HA'KODESH
Offline Richard  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:42:51 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/03/30/ancient-books-uncovered-jordan/ wrote:
Archeologists in Israel claim the books are forgeries, while British archeologists are committed to saving and studying the ancient scrolls.

"It is an enormous privilege to be able to reveal this discovery to the world," David Elkington, leader of the British team, said in a news release, adding in an interview with the Daily Mail, "It is a breathtaking thought that we have held these objects that might have been held by the early saints of the Church."

Well, of course the archaeologists in Yisra'el are going to claim the books are forgeries! Just imagine the chaos which would follow if the little books are found to confirm the truth!

And then we read that Mr. Elkington was having a religious experience from just the idea of having handled something once touched by someone a long time ago. Now that is a life sadly in need of meaning, y'all. I mean, really, come on. Yada Yahowah!
Offline FredSnell  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:31:23 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
flintface wrote:
Well, of course the archaeologists in Yisra'el are going to claim the books are forgeries! Just imagine the chaos which would follow if the little books are found to confirm the truth!

And then we read that Mr. Elkington was having a religious experience from just the idea of having handled something once touched by someone a long time ago. Now that is a life sadly in need of meaning, y'all. I mean, really, come on. Yada Yahowah!

I know just how Mr. Elkington felt....I was sitting here meditating the other day and looking at my KJV Bible, and my JPS Hebrew-English Tanakh and something came over me to heap one in the garbage.
Offline FredSnell  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 2:52:21 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

http://www.youtube.com/w...E7UjcY&feature=feedf

This is good in trying to prove the scriptures of the exodus.
Offline Yah Tselem  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:41:00 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good video. That city and also the timing of the exodus being approx 1500BC is talked about in detail in the Salah chapter of YY, which has some good insights on this too.
Offline FredSnell  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:20:45 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Thanks YT. Yea the end of the vid had me welling up in tears, where they find what they believe the place where Moshe stood with Yah. It's been quite sometime since we read the Salah chapter. I think it's time once again!
Offline Heretic Steve  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:49:53 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

There was a segment on Coast to Coast regarding this artifact. Apparently the name John was inscribed in the lead. So here's what I think they've got. A legitimate artifact that was jazzed up, (christianised, so to speak), by someone who was ignorant of John's actual name. This 'upgrade' of course was done to make the item more attractive, and thus more valuable, to other christians who are also ignorant of "John's" actual name.
If not us, who? If not now, when?