logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cgb2  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:56:46 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
In the compilation of amplified translations Daniel 9:27 is missing and was wondering if someone could take it for a spin with Logos for translation?

This verse seems to be often interpreted as anti-messiah but think the first half is still keeping with context of Messiah who got "cut off" after 3-1/2 years (after Yahcohannon immersed him), and with the viel being ripped it put an end to that being of any effect...er at least until it resumes during the millenial sabbath (see Ezekial).
Perhaps wing of abominations started after this week, and I heard someone (actually pro-Paul) mention that's when Paul started; 3-1/2 years after Messiah cut off....but then quickly discounted that as a possibility but didn't offer much else.

(ISR1998)
Dan 9:27 “And he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week. And in the middle of the week he shall put an end to slaughtering and meal offering. And on the wing of abominations he shall lay waste, even until the complete end and that which is decreed is poured out on the one who lays waste1.” Footnote: 1Mt. 24:15.
Offline cgb2  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:03:08 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Here's asmplified leading up to that:

...24Seventy weeks of years (shabuwa') are decreed for your people and for your set-apart city to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring forth everlasting righteousness, to seal up the revelation and prophecy, and to anoint the Most Set-Apart.

25-26Know and understand that from the going forth of the command to restore and build Jerusalem until Ma'sehyah the Prince, there shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks of years. The way shall be built again, and the means of separation, even in troublesome times. And after the sixty-two weeks Ma'sehyah shall be cut off, but not for Himself. The people ('am - nation or compatriots, the kinsmen) of the ruler (nagid - announcing manifestation with official status, the worthy prince) that shall come and enter (bow' - arrive, return, and pursue a harvest) shall batter and cast off (shachath - shall become corrupted and destroy, become decayed and perverted, devastating) the master and temple who rises up, awakening and opening eyes ('ir - the inhabitant, the inner shrine as in holy of holies of the temple, the anguished one; from 'ur - one
who is laid bare and naked, awakens and arises, the triumphant master who stirs up others by opening eyes), the Set-Apart One(qodesh). The end(qets - finish, a point in time marking the completion of something, the boundary of time, the limit of constraints) will be a torrent (sheteph - an outburst of overwhelming force), a future time ('ad) ending in (qets) war (milchamah - battles and fighting, the weapons of war) and desolation (shamem - appalling lifelessness, stunning deforestation that lays waste, miseries that cause men to be stupefied and grow numb, to be awestruck and astonished by that which is ruined and ravaged, to lay waste and leave desolate and destitute) are decreed (charats - are determined and decisive, maiming and mutilating, so people decide; from charats, meaning to speak about something with certainty as a result of judgment prompting a focused decision because people are paying attention and thinking).
Offline Yah Tselem  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:14:43 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
27. And (wa) he shall confirm (ahgbyr – make strong, prevail, strengthen) a covenant (beriyth - familial relationship) with (lo) many (rabym – great, abundant, numerous) for one (ehad – first, one time) week, (shabuwa – period of seven) and (wa) in the middle (chatsy – half) of the (ha) week (shabuwa – period of seven) he will bring to an end (shabyt – stop, cease, desist, observe the sabbath) sacrifice (zebach – offerings of animals killed and presented as an act of worship, expiation, or propitiation to a deity) and offering (minchah – gift, tribute, present). And (wa) on (‘al) detestable (shiqowtsym - vile, filthy, defiled, horrible, desolate, vacant, idolatrous, pagan, abominable, repulsive, and abhorred) wings (kanap – a structure with winged extremities like a bird which are used to fly in, invade and attack) will cause desolation, (shamem – deserted and made lifeless, horrified) even (wa) until (‘ad) complete destruction, (kalah – were prepared and concluded as intended, finsihed, annhilation) which is decreed, (charats - are determined and decisive, maiming and mutilating, so people decide; from charats, meaning to speak about something with certainty as a result of judgment prompting a focused decision because people are paying attention and thinking) is poured out (titak – melts) upon (‘al) the desolate (shamem – deserted and made lifeless, horrified, laid waste, removed). [end]

I still think this is speaking about the anti-ma'aseyah.
Offline Matthew  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:41:42 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Matthew 24:15 gives context to the passage in question.
Offline cgb2  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 3:02:58 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Thanks YT!
Still not sure about that, the last part of last sentence also fits what YHWH/Yahosha decreed to pour out on the "desolate" upon his return.
Wish who the "he" is was more clear. Midle of verse v26 fits what Romans did in 70AD

24Seventy weeks of years are decreed for your people and for your set-apart city to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring forth everlasting righteousness, to seal up the revelation and prophecy, and to anoint the Most Set-Apart.

25 Know and understand that from the going forth of the command to restore and build Jerusalem until Ma'sehyah the Prince, there shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks of years. The way shall be built again, and the means of separation, even in troublesome times.

26 And after the sixty-two weeks Ma'sehyah shall be cut off, but not for Himself. The people of the ruler that shall come and enter shall batter and cast off the master and temple who rises up, awakening and opening eyes, the Set-Apart One. The end will be a torrent , a future time ending in war and desolation are decreed.

27 And he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week, and in the middle of the week he will bring to an end sacrifice and offering. And on detestable wings will cause desolation, even until complete destruction, which is decreed, is poured out upon the desolate.
Offline Yah Tselem  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 4:55:19 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

The biggest reason I don't think v27 is referring to Yahowsha is bc it says he will be riding on detestable wings.. the word for detestable is (shiqowtsym - vile, filthy, defiled, horrible, desolate, vacant, idolatrous, pagan, abominable, repulsive, and abhorred)... which describes the opposite of Yahowsha. However, this verse was difficult(for me) to translate, as it did not flow well, so perhaps someone else might shed more light on it.
Offline VinceB.  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 7:29:44 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

I was wonderng the same thing as it relates to Sha'uwl's 1_thessalonians 5:2's god as coming like a thief in the night - and then goes on to describe the god that opposes what he, Paul said, and what Paul continues to say about the 'lawless' one coming in 2 thesslonians 2...anyone rejecting Sha'uwl's stuff would be viewed by Paul as apostate is how I read it now that I am not a christian.

Not that I give a hoot about what Paul said - the world does interpret Paul's stuff mixing it with Daniel and Revelations etc...it would seem to me that the god of Paul that comes like a thief snatching people away is the adversary, whereas the 'god' Paul prophesizes will come opposing all 'gods' is actually the True God: Yahowsha'...

And those of Yahowdym whom will be doing temple sacrifices when those sacrifices are cut off 1/2 way point, aren't exactly Towrah observant in the first place since Yahowsha', the one who observed, admonished, and fulfilled Towrah (lifting us up to His level so we can be in His family) we're to know, understand, and too observe Him by: doesn't even exist insofar as these Yahowdym making sacrifices are concerned because they'll be making sacrifices as it relates to something that has already happened as Yah's "family" now awaits Taruwah Yom Kippur and Sukah...so I think there's things there as it relates to perspective when one is shown coming (especially one coming and standing [histēmi] which is what Yahowsha' does on behalf of His family) opposing all 'gods' since Yah Himself opposes all 'gods'including Paul's 'god'...
HWHY
Offline cgb2  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 7:51:46 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Yah Tselem wrote:
The biggest reason I don't think v27 is referring to Yahowsha is bc it says he will be riding on detestable wings.. the word for detestable is (shiqowtsym - vile, filthy, defiled, horrible, desolate, vacant, idolatrous, pagan, abominable, repulsive, and abhorred)... which describes the opposite of Yahowsha. However, this verse was difficult(for me) to translate, as it did not flow well, so perhaps someone else might shed more light on it.

yep hard to tell which way that goes. Is it possible that "riding on destable wings" it could also be interpreted as "after these detestable times"..since hebrew "wing" is
H3671
כּנף
kânâph
kaw-nawf'
From H3670; an edge or extremity; specifically (of a bird or army) a wing, (of a garment or bed clothing) a flap, (of the earth) a quarter, (of a building) a pinnacle: - + bird, border, corner, end, feather [-ed], X flying, + (one an-) other, overspreading, X quarters, skirt, X sort, uttermost part, wing ([-ed]).
Offline cgb2  
#9 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 7:56:33 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Matthew wrote:
Matthew 24:15 gives context to the passage in question.

Mat 24:15 “So when you see the ‘abomination that lays waste,’1 spoken of by Dani’ĕl the prophet, set up in the set-apart place” – he who reads, let him understand – Footnote:1See Abomination that lays waste in Explanatory Notes.
Mat 24:16 “then let those who are in Yehuḏah flee to the mountains.
Mat 24:17 “Let him who is on the house-top not come down to take whatever out of his house.
Mat 24:18 “And let him who is in the field not turn back to get his garments.
Mat 24:19 “And woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing children in those days!
Mat 24:20 “And pray that your flight does not take place in winter or on the Sabbath.

Hard to tell since context is sevaral questions (destruction of the temple..in the disciples livetimes, and future):

Mat 23:36 “Truly, I say to you, all this shall come upon this generation.
Mat 23:37 “Yerushalayim, Yerushalayim, killing the prophets and stoning those who are sent to her! How often I wished to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, but you would not!
Mat 23:38 “See! Your house is left to you laid waste,
Mat 23:39 for I say to you, from now on you shall by no means see Me, until you say, ‘Blessed is He who is coming in the Name of יהוה!’ ”1 Footnote:1See Ps. 118:26.
Mat 24:1 And going out, יהושע went away from the Set-apart Place, and His taught ones came near to point out to Him the buildings of the Set-apart Place.
Mat 24:2 And יהושע said to them, “Do you not see all these? Truly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, at all, which shall not be thrown down.”
Mat 24:3 And as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the taught ones came to Him separately, saying, “Say to us, when shall this be, and what is the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”
Offline cgb2  
#10 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 8:09:17 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Never studied the history, but I even wonder if the seige of Jerusalem in 70AD was unprecidented in severity, per:

Mat 24:21 “For then there shall be great distress,1 such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. Footnote:1Or great pressure, or great affliction.
Mat 24:22 “And if those days were not shortened, no flesh would be saved, but for the sake of the chosen ones those days shall be shortened.
Offline cgb2  
#11 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 8:15:05 AM(UTC)
cgb2

cgb2 wrote:

Mat 23:36 “Truly, I say to you, all this shall come upon this generation.
Mat 23:37 “Yerushalayim, Yerushalayim, killing the prophets and stoning those who are sent to her! How often I wished to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, but you would not!
Mat 23:38 “See! Your house is left to you laid waste,

Also, could this be the "abomination that causes desolation"...they rejected the Prophets and Messiah.
Offline lassie1865  
#12 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 5:06:21 PM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

I hear people say that in order for the grammar to be correct, "this generation" must refer to the disciples' generation, otherwise it would have been stated "that" generation if it were refering to the last generation. Matt 24:33-34 Any thoughts?
Offline Yah Tselem  
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 5:36:43 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

CGB2 said:
Quote:
yep hard to tell which way that goes. Is it possible that "riding on destable wings" it could also be interpreted as "after these detestable times"..since hebrew "wing" is
H3671
כּנף
kânâph
kaw-nawf'
From H3670; an edge or extremity; specifically (of a bird or army) a wing, (of a garment or bed clothing) a flap, (of the earth) a quarter, (of a building) a pinnacle: - + bird, border, corner, end, feather [-ed], X flying, + (one an-) other, overspreading, X quarters, skirt, X sort, uttermost part, wing ([-ed]).

First thing, i think you're referring to strongs numbers there.. i don't use strongs for translating - ever. it is hit or miss & seems to have been created to support current English translations, which makes it extremely suspect to me. I use most of the same resources which are listed in ITG.

I don't think it can be interpreted to say "after these detestable times". BTW, it Doesn't say "riding". It says "and on detestable wings".
The word for "on" is 'al. It can be interpreted as on, upon, at, among, before, go up, come up, ascend.
The word for detestable we already spoke about..
The key word in this case is wings.. which is Kanap, or Kanaph.. it can be interpreted as wing, hem, extremity, skirt(of garment), corner(of garment), outermost (edge).
So whoever it is, is associated with abominable things IMO.

Either way, that's not the only scripture that speaks of an anti-ma'aseyah coming in the last days, scripture speaks of it often and it is true that there will be an actual anti-ma'aseyah, in fact he is alive now and will be revealed shortly after we are harvested in the fulfillment of Taruwah. There is a nasty brew in the air as we speak, where the conditions of this world are becoming more and more perfect for this anti-ma'aseyah to have every reason to step onto the scene and "save" a world that desperately needs all the help it can get.

However, I don't doubt for a second that it could also be referring to Paul, and to 70AD, etc, as there are always multiple layers..

Having a relationship with Yah & having an understanding of the feasts, I am 100% certain I will not be hanging around to meet this guy in 2026 when he is revealed, but most of my friends and family will see him unfortunately.
Offline cgb2  
#14 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 7:12:41 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Yah Tselem wrote:

First thing, i think you're referring to strongs numbers there.. i don't use strongs for translating - ever. it is hit or miss & seems to have been created to support current English translations, which makes it extremely suspect to me. I use most of the same resources which are listed in ITG..

Busted, yep I was using strongs.

Yah Tselem wrote:

I don't think it can be interpreted to say "after these detestable times". BTW, it Doesn't say "riding". It says "and on detestable wings".
The word for "on" is 'al. It can be interpreted as on, upon, at, among, before, go up, come up, ascend.
The word for detestable we already spoke about..
The key word in this case is wings.. which is Kanap, or Kanaph.. it can be interpreted as wing, hem, extremity, skirt(of garment), corner(of garment), outermost (edge).
So whoever it is, is associated with abominable things IMO.

Yep agreed. Just when YHWH/Messiah returns what he's promised (in numerous passages) to do to abominable things and set up right-ruling.

Yah Tselem wrote:

Either way, that's not the only scripture that speaks of an anti-ma'aseyah coming in the last days, scripture speaks of it often and it is true that there will be an actual anti-ma'aseyah, in fact he is alive now and will be revealed shortly after we are harvested in the fulfillment of Taruwah. There is a nasty brew in the air as we speak, where the conditions of this world are becoming more and more perfect for this anti-ma'aseyah to have every reason to step onto the scene and "save" a world that desperately needs all the help it can get.

However, I don't doubt for a second that it could also be referring to Paul, and to 70AD, etc, as there are always multiple layers..

Having a relationship with Yah & having an understanding of the feasts, I am 100% certain I will not be hanging around to meet this guy in 2026 when he is revealed, but most of my friends and family will see him unfortunately.

Totally agree there. There are many passages about anit-Messiah but I'm not convinced 9:27 is...or could be dual meaning too since the anti-Messiah I understand means "in place of". Other Chapters in Daniel are much more clear about anti-Messiah.
Offline cgb2  
#15 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 7:20:51 AM(UTC)
cgb2

>And on detestable wings will cause desolation, even until complete destruction, which is decreed, is poured out upon the desolate.

Also wonder why anti-Messiah would pour out desolation on the desolate.

Isa 66:15 “For look, יהוה comes with fire and with His chariots, like a whirlwind, to render His displeasure with burning, and His rebuke with flames of fire.
Isa 66:16 “For by fire and by His sword יהוה shall judge all flesh, and the slain of יהוה shall be many –
Isa 66:17 those who set themselves apart and cleanse themselves at the gardens after ‘One’ in the midst, eating flesh of pigs1 and the abomination and the mouse, are snatched away, together,” declares יהוה. Footnote: 1See 65:4.
Isa 66:18 “And I, because of their works and their imaginations, am coming to gather all nations and tongues. And they shall come and see My esteem.
and all over the place in other passages like it.
Offline cgb2  
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 7:31:43 AM(UTC)
cgb2

On confirm a covenant with many:

Mat 26:27 And taking the cup, and giving thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you.
Mat 26:28 “For this is My blood, that of the renewed covenant, which is shed for many for the forgiveness of sins.
Mat 26:29 “But I say to you, I shall certainly not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on till that day when I drink it anew with you in the reign of My Father.”
Mat 26:30 And having sung a song, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

Although this verse is often used to imply new covenant and tied to Hebrews and Jeremiah, seems verse 29 allows it to still be yet future for the complete renewing (and writing torah on our hearts).

Jer 31:33 “For this is the covenant I shall make with the house of Yisra’ĕl after those days, declares יהוה: I shall put My Torah in their inward parts, and write it on their hearts. And I shall be their Elohim, and they shall be My people.
Jer 31:34 “And no longer shall they teach, each one his neighbour, and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know יהוה,’ for they shall all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares יהוה. “For I shall forgive their crookedness, and remember their sin no more.”

Isa 30:19 For the people shall dwell in Tsiyon at Yerushalayim, you shall weep no more. He shall show much favour to you at the sound of your cry; when He hears, He shall answer you.
Isa 30:20 Though יהוה gave you bread of adversity and water of affliction, your Teacher1 shall no longer be hidden. But your eyes shall see your Teacher1, Footnote: 1Or teachers. See also Joel 2:23.
Isa 30:21 and your ears hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the Way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right, or whenever you turn to the left.
Offline Matthew  
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 1:34:37 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
On the "wing of abominations" is saying "man will employ the most detestable sort of idolatry--that of overt Satan worship--as he sets out to destroy mankind."

SOURCE
Offline Yah Tselem  
#18 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 1:37:52 PM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Ya, even after amplifying it, it still is not clear to me either.. it's a bit grey. I thought it was talking about anti-ma'aseyah, but I'm not sure. Why would anti-ma'aseyah or Mas'aseyah pour out desolation on the desolate? They're already desolate! seems a bit redundant. I guess after all this we're back to square one.. unless someone else wants to chime in..
Offline Yah Tselem  
#19 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 6:46:20 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

The following is an email conversation from today between Yada & I regarding this topic

Quote:
Yada,

I am finally listening to Friday's radio show. Just wanted to follow up regarding Daniel
9:27 and the discussion you read in the cr from Thursday. We weren't actually saying you
made a mistake on it. Actually, what happened was, in YY, you translated up to and
including Dan 9:26 and then you said we would examine 9:27 at a later date, and that's
where you left it. CGB2 was confused as to who is being spoken of in 9:27, Yahowsha or
the anti-ma'aseyah? (because 9:25&26 is speaking about Yahowsha, and then it suddenly
transitions to speaking of the anti-ma'aseyah). There is also a current thread on the
forum regarding this at http://forum.yadayahweh....tst2345_Daniel-927.aspx.
I have since amplified Dan 9:27 for CGB2 and posted it on the forum. However, it was
hard for me to translate because I'm still getting used to translating and it just did
not flow well(to me).
Here is my translation of the verse:

27. And (wa) he shall confirm (ahgbyr – make strong, prevail, strengthen) a covenant
(beriyth - familial relationship) with (lo) many (rabym – great, abundant, numerous) for
one (ehad – first, one time) week, (shabuwa – period of seven) and (wa) in the middle
(chatsy – half) of the (ha) week (shabuwa – period of seven) he will bring to an end
(shabyt – stop, cease, desist, observe the sabbath) sacrifice (zebach – offerings of
animals killed and presented as an act of worship, expiation, or propitiation to a deity)
and offering (minchah – gift, tribute, present). And (wa) on (‘al) detestable
(shiqowtsym - vile, filthy, defiled, horrible, desolate, vacant, idolatrous, pagan,
abominable, repulsive, and abhorred) wings (kanap – a structure with winged extremities
like a bird which are used to fly in, invade and attack) will cause desolation, (shamem –
deserted and made lifeless, horrified) even (wa) until (‘ad) complete destruction, (kalah
– were prepared and concluded as intended, finsihed, annhilation) which is decreed,
(charats - are determined and decisive, maiming and mutilating, so people decide; from
charats, meaning to speak about something with certainty as a result of judgment
prompting a focused decision because people are paying attention and thinking) is poured
out (titak – melts) upon (‘al) the desolate (shamem – deserted and made lifeless,
horrified, laid waste, removed).

Terry

Yada's reply:

Quote:
Thanks for explaining this Terry. I was eager to correct a mistake if you
had found one, but this passage speaks to the volume of YY which I'm hoping
to write next year. Like most of us, I want to learn more about the Last
Days.

You did a fine job with your translation. As for who is being spoken about,
I'm pretty sure it's the Torah-less one, and his seven year run during the
Tribulation after coming to fame by confirming an agreement with many. But
since I've previously viewed most of the prophecies of the last days through
my Christian past, I'm not comfortable saying much of anything until I take
the time to systematically study the Scriptural texts.

My current plan is to complete the Torah section of the ITG, write the
Invitation and Prophecy sections of the ITG, do a superficial clean up of YY
and QP, followed by creating a completely different site to present these
materials. After that is done, hopefully within 12 months, I'll be able to
choose between writing the Last Days volume of YY, adding volumes to QP, or
writing God Damn Religion. So if the choice becomes the Last Days, I'll be
fixated on these passages in Daniel. But I'm also thinking about writing a
book on each of the first seven books of Scripture. So, we'll see.

All I can tell you presently is that I'm enjoying the process of the ITG a
great deal, that I'm very slow and methodical, and that accomplishing these
things always takes more time than I had thought.

While this doesn't address your issue, if you think that others might want
to know why I'm not weighing in at this time, fell free to post our
exchange.

Yada

FYI- I concur with him on this.. I think it is the anti-ma'aseyah being spoken about, but I won't be convinced until I am able to see more of Daniel amplified to get the bigger picture. Right now, I am working on amplifying Shemowth(Exodus), so it will be awhile before I get to Daniel, but maybe someone else wants to do it sooner.
Offline cgb2  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:05:42 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Yah Tselem wrote:
The following is an email conversation from today between Yada & I regarding this topic

Yada's reply:
....But
since I've previously viewed most of the prophecies of the last days through
my Christian past, I'm not comfortable saying much of anything until I take
the time to systematically study the Scriptural texts.....

FYI- I concur with him on this.. I think it is the anti-ma'aseyah being spoken about, but I won't be convinced until I am able to see more of Daniel amplified to get the bigger picture. Right now, I am working on amplifying Shemowth(Exodus), so it will be awhile before I get to Daniel, but maybe someone else wants to do it sooner.

Way cool. Great to see the common desire to test things to understand Yah & his word, even if it requires much examination and re-learning. Will be patient to examine this more later. Maybe by then I'll even have Logos and can help.

Will be interesting to see amplified of all of Daniel. Stuff like 10 kingdoms and little horn, which I'm coming to see may be a great fit to the downfall of the Roman empire into 10 nations and then giving their power to the "holy roman empire"...Constantine sure did institutionalize the changing of appointed times and sabbath...."vicar of christ" certainally fits anti-messiah (in place of).
Offline cgb2  
#21 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 7:14:11 AM(UTC)
cgb2

I'm curious, does the anti-messiah's covenant that the christian world is looking for that "starts the 7 year tribulation" (palestinian state, etc), soley from Daniel 9:27...or is it repeated elsewhere and even if so with a different meaning and timeline?
Offline FredSnell  
#22 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 6:55:34 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Maybe this will help you, cgb2? I had it saved to look over and found somethings interesting.

http://www.biblicalstudi...y/eschatology/daniel.htm