logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Daniel  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 8:40:41 AM(UTC)
Daniel

I love the freedom OF Sabbath keeping!

If I want to take a mid-afternoon nap on any given Shabbot, nobody can say anything about it!

Exercise physiologists and dieticians say that your body needs to have one day out of every seven "off" from the (workout or diet) program. Seems to me that they have stumbled upon Abba's principles on their own.

No, christians don't have to keep the Sabbath, but YHWH would be pleased if they did.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline sirgodfrey  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 9:41:50 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

I understand where you are coming from Daniel, but I feel like it goes a little deeper than that. Almost like saying, christians dont HAVE to refrain from murdering and stealing, but YHWH would be pleased. Observing the Sabbath is one of Yah's instructions in the "Ten Commandments."
Offline RidesWithYah  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 12:27:25 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

I'm with you both -
and just glad I live in an age when keeping Yah's sabbath isn't considered a crime punishable by death.

(But, there sure was an effective way to establish a new tradition, yes? Attaboy, Constantine!)
Offline sirgodfrey  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 7:12:24 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

I know right - Constantine is like a hero or something. People would probably bow down and kiss his feet were he around right now.
Offline Royce  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 5:43:55 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Daniel wrote:
I love the freedom OF Sabbath keeping!

If I want to take a mid-afternoon nap on any given Shabbot, nobody can say anything about it!

Exercise physiologists and dieticians say that your body needs to have one day out of every seven "off" from the (workout or diet) program. Seems to me that they have stumbled upon Abba's principles on their own.

No, christians don't have to keep the Sabbath, but YHWH would be pleased if they did.

What do you mean they dont? every human does. Whether or not they believe it or know it is another thing.
Offline Daniel  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2011 3:28:20 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Royce wrote:
What do you mean they dont? every human does.

I meant that remark in the context of "free will".
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net