logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Walt  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2011 12:07:09 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

I'm going to in the Dallas area for a school from April 12-22. Anyone in the area that would like to get together for dinner or a cup o coffee while I'm there?
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2011 2:50:14 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Walt I live about 30-45 min east of Dallas, and would love to get together with you. Where in the Dallas area are you going to be?
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Walt  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:14:29 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

I'll be in Richardson
Offline Walt  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 2:55:03 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Would love to get togeather with you James.
I'll be going to training at Fujitsu there in Richardson. I will have a vehicle so going somewhere to meet up isn't a problem.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 3:14:39 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

i'm so jealous :(
Offline Richard  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 8:10:06 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
sirgodfrey wrote:
i'm so jealous :(

I know, huh! But I'm happy for James and Walt. Hey, James, sounds like you're in Longview or Rockwall. I grew up in South Oak Cliff. You guys say "Howdy" to Texas for me.
Offline James  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 8:43:00 AM(UTC)
James
Man

flintface wrote:
I know, huh! But I'm happy for James and Walt. Hey, James, sounds like you're in Longview or Rockwall. I grew up in South Oak Cliff. You guys say "Howdy" to Texas for me.

Just east of Rockwall, but before you hit Greenville.

Offline FredSnell  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 9:24:52 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have a friend just west of Dallas if any of you guys are ever interested in camping and canoeing. Some of you have heard of Possum Kingdom Lake and dam. He's got a nice set up for family entertainment and it's really easy to enjoy since most folks wouldn't believe a place as beautiful exist in Texas. I know you Pacific NW guys and Colorado guys have beauty each way you turn, but us in Tx have to search for it...lol. Anyhow, here's his site if you and any friends ever fill like an outing of fishing and fun.

http://www.rochellescanoerental.com/
Offline Mike  
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 1:23:46 PM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Walt,

I work in Plano which is the next town north of Richardson if you would like to get together after work some night. If we get together, you'll be the second person from YY Forum that I wil have met. Maybe you, James, and I could all meet.

Shalom,
Mike
Offline cgb2  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 12:42:59 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Wow, small world. Although I work from my home office in CO, occasionally I visit headquarters in Addison once or twice a year.
Offline Walt  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 5:01:14 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Mike wrote:
Walt,

I work in Plano which is the next town north of Richardson if you would like to get together after work some night. If we get together, you'll be the second person from YY Forum that I wil have met. Maybe you, James, and I could all meet.

Shalom,
Mike

Love to meet with you also. Talk with James. I'm here till I fly out next Fri morn. I have class Wed-Fri, off Sat-Mon, and class again Tues-Thur.
We can get together more than once, more is better. I do want to do the Renaissance Faire either Sat or Sun as I have a good friend & know some of the people working them, are you (or James) interested? (Can get you a behind the scenes view if you dare - they are a "different" lot)
Offline Walt  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 5:04:07 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

cgb2 wrote:
Wow, small world. Although I work from my home office in CO, occasionally I visit headquarters in Addison once or twice a year.

Visiting in the next week?
Offline Walt  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 5:07:11 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

encounterHim wrote:
I have a friend just west of Dallas if any of you guys are ever interested in camping and canoeing. Some of you have heard of Possum Kingdom Lake and dam. He's got a nice set up for family entertainment and it's really easy to enjoy since most folks wouldn't believe a place as beautiful exist in Texas. I know you Pacific NW guys and Colorado guys have beauty each way you turn, but us in Tx have to search for it...lol. Anyhow, here's his site if you and any friends ever fill like an outing of fishing and fun.

http://www.rochellescanoerental.com/

I use to live in the Huston area (Sugarland). I'm coming back down in June (hopefully with my wife) so I just may check it out for a weekend then.

Edited by moderator Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:01:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: fixed quote

Offline FredSnell  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:29:43 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Sugarland!!!!..Walt's rich everyone...lol..kidding. I know some ppl living there today that wish they didn't live there, but all in all, they're okay staying put until the market rights itself. Though Houstons housing market's better than most in the country, some ppl bought at the wrong time regardless, and I think I know them all. One of 'em keeps bothering me to stud in some walls he had removed before his transfer to Atlanta and now he's on his way to Miami to work. He thinks I have time he doesn't have...lol.
Walt, if you like camping and stuff it's a great place. If you do go by there, stop in at Rochelles and say hi to, Buddy. He alone is worth the trip. I grew up with that scoundrel and we would use a few of our summers driving canoe renters up to the dam in their own vehicles when we were youngsters. I think back and laugh at how ppl would just hand their car keys over to a teenager with miles of back roads ahead of him.
Offline Daniel  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:51:37 AM(UTC)
Daniel

encounterHim wrote:
I think back and laugh at how ppl would just hand their car keys over to a teenager with miles of back roads ahead of him.

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMIXEN2JADHNJa9nWXrRz4RsGvQ27jx8gw5IhzxIN8TbaaaABWow[/img]
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Mike  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:42:37 AM(UTC)
Mike

Walt and James,

I sent you a private message with my contact info. Hopefully the private message works.

Years ago I went to the Renaissance Fair. I work/worked with a few people that are in the CSA. One guy is currently making a chain mail armor vest. They are definitely different.

Shalom,
Mike
Offline Daniel  
#17 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 5:29:55 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Mike wrote:
Renaissance Fair. I work/worked with a few people that are in the CSA. One guy is currently making a chain mail armor vest.

Here in Atlanta there are many people who are associated with the C.S.A.

;-)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline danshelper  
#18 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 3:18:41 PM(UTC)
danshelper

Brothers,
What a wonderful opportunity YHWH is giving you for fellowship and investment of talents (Matthew 25). I pray that this fellowship would strengthen you to strengthen others. YHWH bless you with safety and brotherly love this weekend!
Offline Walt  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:45:32 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

It was an AWESOME time
THANKS James & Patty for hosting Passover and all the work (she made great unleavened bread)

James, while the lamb and other food was outstanding - it paled in comparison to the fellowship
It was enjoyable to meet & talk with Yada's son
Mike, the fresh bitter herbs from your garden added that extra touch, see you for lunch tomorrow
Offline James  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:56:53 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Walt wrote:
It was an AWESOME time
THANKS James & Patty for hosting Passover and all the work (she made great unleavened bread)

James, while the lamb and other food was outstanding - it paled in comparison to the fellowship
It was enjoyable to meet & talk with Yada's son
Mike, the fresh bitter herbs from your garden added that extra touch, see you for lunch tomorrow

Thanks Walt, we really enjoyed having you and everybody here. It was a great way to spend Passover, and the fellowship was great.

Offline tagim  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:58:22 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

It is so wonderful, finally to hear about a meeting of fellowship, together, live, in person, from this site. I am so jealous, not being able to attend, but happy for you all on this joyous occasion. So happy for all of you.
Offline Richard  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:52:35 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Ditto. Hey, which of you is Yada's son?
Offline James  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:56:48 AM(UTC)
James
Man

flintface wrote:
Ditto. Hey, which of you is Yada's son?

None, Yada's youngest son goes to school down here in Texas, a few hours from where I live, and he drove up to join us.

Offline Mike  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:52:44 AM(UTC)
Mike

I agree with Walt. It was an awesome time. I am glad that I was able to meet everyone; James, Patty, Walt, and Yada's son. It was really nice talking to everyone. James & Patty, the lamb and unleavened bread were delicious. Thanks for inviting me to your home.