logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sirgodfrey  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 4:13:51 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Shaloooooooom brothers and sisters!! I wanted to know if anyone here is knowledgeable about cars. I am looking to get a car soon and wanted some information to help me finalize my decision. I have been doing much research, and have been asking around and have initally decided to get a 3 series bmw (maybe 5 series). How many miles is too much for a used car? I will be buying pre-certified, along with a warranty, so that limits the miles to a certain extent. Also, if anyone has any experiences with bmw and their reliability/durability, please do share. Thanks for any and all information that may be passed along!@!!!@ :)
Offline Daniel  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 12:39:17 PM(UTC)
Daniel

BMW built engines for the Fw-190, Do-17, Me-262, Ju-88 and He-111. (Nazi warplanes)

In other words BMW powered about half of Herr Hitler's fighter planes and almost all his bombers.

You sure you wanna keep putting money in their pockets?

Get a Honda. Less maintenance required and you can get a vehicle with lower mileage for the same money as you would spend on "Hitler's Revenge".

(Seriously, BMW's require expen$ive valve jobs every 20-30,000 miles!)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline sirgodfrey  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 5:24:14 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

You just had to mess it up :) For some reason I absolutely do nooot want a Honda or a Toyota. I got connected with some mechanics so I'm not really worried about paying expensive labor jobs.

What has been selling me on bmw is the fact that its supposed to be the ultimate driving experience. I'm coming from driving a big body Mercury Grand Marquis so i wanted something very fun to drive.
Offline Daniel  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2011 10:21:08 AM(UTC)
Daniel

The bigger the car, the more money ends up in Arabian wallets...
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net