logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shohn  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 5:20:27 PM(UTC)
shohn

I often wondered if Yahshua knew who He was at first or if was reading along in the scriptures as a "human" and figured out that He was the one the scriptures were referring to. As an infant, I wouldn't have expected him to know so it seems that He would have had to have figured it out somehow along the way or been told by His folks or some heavenly messengers or something.

What a mind job though, if that is how it went down. Imagine waking up one day and realizing you are God incarnate.
--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 7:27:23 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm inclined to think he did. Well, according to Luke
Quote:
Luk 2:40 And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, being filled with wisdom. And the favour of Elohim was upon Him.
Luk 2:41 And His parents went to Yerushalayim every year at the Festival of the Passover.
Luk 2:42 And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Yerushalayim according to the practice of the festival.
Luk 2:43 When they had accomplished the days, as they returned, the Child יהושע stayed behind in Yerushalayim. And His parents did not know it,
Luk 2:44 but thinking He was in the company, they went a day’s journey, and were seeking Him among the relatives and friends.
Luk 2:45 And not having found Him, they returned to Yerushalayim, seeking Him.
Luk 2:46 And it came to be, after three days, that they found Him in the Set-apart Place, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions.
Luk 2:47 And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers.
Luk 2:48 And having seen Him, they were amazed. And His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You done this to us? See, Your father and I have been anxiously seeking You.”
Luk 2:49 And He said to them, “Why were you seeking Me? Did you not know that I had to be in the matters of My Father?”
Luk 2:50 But they did not understand the word which He spoke to them.

So, he may not known at birth, but he was gradually filled with wisdom, and by the age of 12, he knew.