logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline James  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2011 10:14:08 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Okay, I decided to create a separate thread for this, since the original thread it was in is already rather long, and it was set up originally to be a source for the Scripture verses pulled out of YY, and not for my translations.

But finally I have an update to post on my translation of the Torah. Sorry it took so long, been busy between work and buying a house and moving, and haven't had a lot of time to work on it. Currently I have completed through Chapter 25, and I have added bookmarks for all the chapters, so you can skip straight to the chapter you want to read.

As always if you have any corrections or suggestions feel free to let me know, PM would probably be the best so that this thread becomes over run with stuff.

Thanks,
James
File Attachment(s):
Bare'shiyth - Genesis.zip (1,672kb) downloaded 135 time(s).
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Walt  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2011 2:12:42 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Thanks James for sharing and all the time & effort.
AWESOME
Offline AbiYah  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 1:50:07 PM(UTC)
AbiYah
Woman

Shalom, Brethren!
I must be missing something here concerning a ".rar" file extension.
What program is this? I have word, Adobe, but nothing that will open this.
Could someone Please... email me how to get this file open?
AbiYah7@gmail.com
Thanks, love you guys...
Pamela
Offline Royce  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 4:30:14 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

you can get a free trial of winzip here that should open it for you
http://www.winzip.com/lanrar.htm
Offline cgb2  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 5:02:38 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
AbiYah wrote:
Shalom, Brethren!
I must be missing something here concerning a ".rar" file extension.
What program is this? I have word, Adobe, but nothing that will open this.
Could someone Please... email me how to get this file open?
AbiYah7@gmail.com
Thanks, love you guys...
Pamela

I emailed PDF to you so you don't need to mess with compression.

James, thanks for your effort and sharing !
Offline James  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 3:24:32 AM(UTC)
James
Man

When I get back to my regular computer, I will upload a .zip, I forget sometimes that not everyone uses .rar files.

Offline James  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 7:12:07 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Okay, I changed the file to a .zip, which Windows has a built in Unzip tool, so everyone should be able to open it now.

Offline James  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:29:45 AM(UTC)
James
Man

While working on chapter 26 I came across I verse I just had to share now.

Speaking to ‘Yitshaq about fulfilling His oath to ‘Abraham, Yahowah says,

"And with your offspring (zera' - seed and descendant (offspring here is singular)) all of (kol) the nations (goyim) of the land (erets – earth, and ground) I will kneel down and bless (barak - love, favorably and eternally endure with, and empower), as a consequence of (eqeb) ‘Abraham, who relationally (asher) listened to and obeyed (shama’ - heard and heeded) concerning my voice (ba qol ani – concerning I am’s voice) and continuously and habitually observed (shamar –carefully considered, diligently and consistently paid especially close attention to the details so that he understand, cared about, heeded, revered, kept and preserved) My requirements and responsibilities (mishmereth – My obligations, orders, duties, charges and missions, with an emphasis on their use to guard an care for someone or something), My terms and authoritative directives (mitswah – My instructions or prescriptions, My written legal conditions which are binding in a contract), My prescribed ordinances (chuqqah –My clearly communicated prescriptions of what you should do, My customs, and My traditions) and My Torah (towrah – My prescriptions for living, My law, My instructions, My informative and instructive teachings, and My written code of conduct)."

Also since the word my in here is ani, which also means I am, I may replace all of the My's with I Am's to stress that it is Yah’s, I Am’s, requirements and responsibilities, terms and authoritative directive, prescribes ordinances and Torah. Both are equally valid translations.

Offline Yah Tselem  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 7:00:58 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
That's profound.. further evidence that it is Yah's word, Yah's Torah & Yah's ordinances (customs and traditions) that we are following and not man's... and they are for all time as opposed to saying they are only good until men say that they are no longer valid. Yahowah, thanks for sharing that (via James).
Offline James  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 12:40:29 PM(UTC)
James
Man

I was thinking about it today, and the perfect name for my translation came to me. The Non-King James Version. What do you think.

Offline Richard  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:00:12 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
James wrote:
I was thinking about it today, and the perfect name for my translation came to me. The Non-King James Version. What do you think.

Since we have been told to watch out for those who are wolves in sheep's clothing, how about The Wolfbane Translation, James?
Offline Daniel  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 4:30:03 AM(UTC)
Daniel

James wrote:
I was thinking about it today, and the perfect name for my translation came to me.

We call our favorite Messianic Synagogue "Not Church", as in "Come on kids, lets get into the car and head to Not Church".

So I suggest that you call it "KJV": Knot James Version.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Noel  
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:00:42 AM(UTC)
Noel

James.
We have downloaded and started to read your Genesis translation.

This is a superb effort and thank you very much for all the trouble and time it must have taken to do. We really appreciate it.

Noel.
Offline tagim  
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:16:54 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

long awaited and much appreciated!
Offline James  
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:08:16 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Noel wrote:
This is a superb effort and thank you very much for all the trouble and time it must have taken to do. We really appreciate it.

Thanks, It may have taken a lot of time, but I don't really consider any of that time work, it has been a great joy, and an enlightening experience.

I'm glad you find it useful. I've learned a lot from doing it, and probably need to go back and rework some of the early chapters. I've been talking with Yada about the dual meaning behind so many words, and how it becomes difficult to try to convey that in a translation. Early on i would try to decide which is the most appropriate, but later I tried to convey all the possible appropriate meanings behind the word. I prefer the latter approach and want to go back and do the same in the earlier chapters, but it then leads to a lot of footnotes to explain, and I have wanted to keep my commentary to a minimum. I'm thinking however to better explain what was written translational commentary is going to be necessary. But the more I work through it the more i find it is hard to accurately convey in a translation everything that is being stated. i think footnoting commentary is probably the best way for me to do this. i'm going to try to make sure however that the comments are on translation only, I don't want to be interpreting in my translation.

Offline James  
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:33:50 AM(UTC)
James
Man

I was translating Ba’reshiyth chapter 26 and came across a verse that is a perfect example of how bad our translations are. Chapter 26 verse 13

And the man (‘ísh) increased becoming greater, mightier, more powerful, and abundant, even more affluent (gadowl – became more important and enabled, empowered and distinguished, majestic and honored, higher in magnitude and extent, and exceedingly wealthy) and he carefully walked following the path (halak halak) and increased becoming greater, mightier, more powerful, and abundant, even more affluent (gadowl – became more important and enabled, empowered and distinguished, majestic and honored, higher in magnitude and extent, and exceedingly wealthy) until (‘ad – up to, and as far as) he become exceedingly great, mighty, powerful, and abundant, and exceedingly affluent (me’od gadowl – became very important and enabled, empowered and distinguished, majestic and honored, higher in magnitude and extent, and exceedingly wealthy).

New International Version
The man became rich, and his wealth continued to grow until he became very wealthy.

New Living Translation
He became a very rich man, and his wealth continued to grow.

English Standard Version
and the man became rich, and gained more and more until he became very wealthy.

New American Standard Bible
and the man became rich, and continued to grow richer until he became very wealthy;

GOD'S WORD Translation
He continued to be successful, becoming very rich.

King James Bible
And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:

American King James Version
And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:

American Standard Version
And the man waxed great, and grew more and more until he became very great.

Bible in Basic English
And his wealth became very great, increasing more and more;

Douay-Rheims Bible
And the man was enriched, and he went on prospering and increasing, till he became exceeding great:

Darby Bible Translation
And the man became great, and he became continually greater, until he was very great.

English Revised Version
And the man waxed great, and grew more and more until he became very great:

Webster's Bible Translation
And the man became great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:

World English Bible
The man grew great, and grew more and more until he became very great.

Every single translation ignores halak, even though it is there twice in the verse. Their translations have ‘Yitshaq doing nothing except getting rich and great, not even touching on what he did that caused that. Thought I would share.

Offline Noel  
#17 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 3:05:58 AM(UTC)
Noel

All I have is a strong's based lexicon, and that says that went forward is Yalak Halak which according to them means to walk or traverse forward. I did not see path anywhere, but my resources are virtually non existent. How did you get to 'path' ? This would be a good example of why I need to beef up my reference books. I prefer not to have to spend a lot of cash on them though. Any Ideas, James?.

I agree with your path suggestion, but would find it very difficult to prove it if I had to.

Noel
Offline James  
#18 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 3:50:56 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Noel wrote:
All I have is a strong's based lexicon, and that says that went forward is Yalak Halak which according to them means to walk or traverse forward. I did not see path anywhere, but my resources are virtually non existent. How did you get to 'path' ? This would be a good example of why I need to beef up my reference books. I prefer not to have to spend a lot of cash on them though. Any Ideas, James?.

I agree with your path suggestion, but would find it very difficult to prove it if I had to.

Noel

In Hebrew when a word is repeated, as halak is here, it implies an intensified meaning of that word. So for example qowdesh qowdesh, is the most set apart, and muwth muwth, is certainly must die or certainly must be put to death. In the case of halak there are several options, it could be translated certainly walked for example. "The path" is implied since halak literally means to make a linear motion to another place, i.e. follow a path. Since it's implied and walk doesn't make sense in the context of the sentence without it, I included it. I included a footnote in the translation explaining this as well.

esword is a good free tool. If you only have the money for a limited library, the one book I would recommend getting is the Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semitic Domains: Hebrew. i'm not sure where you could find it, but I found it to be one of the better ones. Obviously the more references the better, but it is a good start.

Offline Noel  
#19 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 10:27:12 PM(UTC)
Noel

Thank you, James.

N------------l
Offline cgb2  
#20 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 6:18:05 AM(UTC)
cgb2

After loading E-Sword it has a lot of extras (many free) under the download menu. I like BRB for OT, Thayer's for NT, and Strongs is OK on both but sometimes has too much agenda in supporting KJV. The +KJV is where you can get clickable strongs numbers for the dictionaries off to the side.

Another really cool one for OT is HALB, which gets into even the pictograph hebrew. Sometimes the stringing together the meanings of the letters of the words adds another layer of understanding.

I noticed when I installed some of these the hebrew, pictograph, fonts didn't diplay correctly. If I recall after I installed web-hebrew and possibly another font or 2 (in C:\windows\fonts) it quit showing up as garbled wing-ding text.

If any are having trouble like this, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the hebrew & paleo ttf fonts.

Chuck
Offline cgb2  
#21 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 6:21:13 AM(UTC)
cgb2

...and will budget Logos - original Language packages down the road too. That sounds great.
Offline James  
#22 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 10:51:35 AM(UTC)
James
Man

cgb2 wrote:
Sometimes the stringing together the meanings of the letters of the words adds another layer of understanding.

Yeah the paleo-Hebrew pictographs are really awesome for adding a deeper meaning to the words.

Offline Richard  
#23 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 11:33:07 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
cgb2 wrote:
Another really cool one for OT is HALB, which gets into even the pictograph hebrew.

Chuck, even though I PM'ed you on this, I want to put it out here in public, too. What is HALB? I love all of you guys, but sometimes the use of acronyms borders on rude. It could make some of us feel left out. Now, I realize that in my own case it is more a matter of my own flaming ignorance than of y'all being cliquish, but still ...

Let the barrage of stones begin, I reckon.

Richard
Offline cgb2  
#24 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 1:45:49 PM(UTC)
cgb2

flintface wrote:
Chuck, even though I PM'ed you on this, I want to put it out here in public, too. What is HALB? I love all of you guys, but sometimes the use of acronyms borders on rude. It could make some of us feel left out. Now, I realize that in my own case it is more a matter of my own flaming ignorance than of y'all being cliquish, but still ...

Let the barrage of stones begin, I reckon.

Richard

Even worse when I can't get the Acronym right (AHLB - blush!) or didn't bother to check if that one was available under the canned E-Sword program "download" menu. My sincere apologies to you and everyone!

Other websites will offer E-Sword add on goodies:

AHLB E-Sword lexicon (www.ancient-hebrew.org)
http://www.mechanical-tr...lation.org/2-esword.html
(note the fonts link too)

ISR1998
http://www.isr-messianic.org/

I know the frustration of the "check me out", then thinking I gotta pop down big bucks to do so. Free E-Sword has been a blessing in this.
Offline cgb2  
#25 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 3:29:57 PM(UTC)
cgb2

cgb2 wrote:

AHLB E-Sword lexicon (www.ancient-hebrew.org)
http://www.mechanical-tr...lation.org/2-esword.html
(note the fonts link too)

Specifically speaking most windows users would install these in their Fonts directory, usually C:\Windows\Fonts
Offline Mike  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:30:05 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Thanks guys for the information. I just downloaded the AHLB (Ancient Hebrew Lexicon of the Bible). That will be very useful. I noticed that it won’t work on proper names such as H3068 (Yahweh), H3091 (Joshua/ Yehoshua son of Nun), H4872 (Moses/Mosheh), etc. However it is still really cool.

Shalom.
Offline James  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:06:50 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Okay, well I was going to wait until I finished through Chapter 30 to post an update, but since I volunteered at work to design a new web page for my department, a chance to brush up my web design skills that I haven't used in over a decade while at the same time looking good to my boss at a time when budget cuts are everywhere, I probably won't have a lot of free time to work on it soon, so I figured I would go ahead and post an update here. So this is through chapter 29.
File Attachment(s):
Bare'shiyth.zip (1,943kb) downloaded 58 time(s).

Offline VinceB.  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:51:38 PM(UTC)
VinceB.

These are really awesome amplification James...since coming to embrace Yah as He exists in Towrah, I find it impossible to read anything that's not been amplified.

And whereas I may not have the tools such as I'd like, I still use interlinears and lexicons in referencing Hebrew avoiding anything coming to us via the Greek...studying the Towrah and following along with the BTR the CR and the forums here has made it clear to me the Towrah really is complete able to save, and does save exclusively - does everything Paul said it can't do etc.

Great job!
HWHY
Offline VinceB.  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:00:27 PM(UTC)
VinceB.

BTW, I almost forgot, I recall Yada mentioning the benefit of writing out the Towrah helps committing it to memory where it can be used more productively in our daily walk as a witness to Yah existing in His Towrah as an observer of Towrah is so true.

I've still very outwardly grouchy (pissed off at the world, especially Christianity) in so many ways, but I'm getting it into my head and meditating on what I read and hear, and writing the verses out long hand, stopping to look up words and their definitions really helps a lot...as does keeping a palal/prayer-journal - have found I'm writing more and more in the Hebrew even in my journal, helps commit Yah's stuff to heart.

Yah's continued Best on His Called-Out Assembly!
HWHY
Offline James  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 3:06:40 AM(UTC)
James
Man

VinceB. wrote:
BTW, I almost forgot, I recall Yada mentioning the benefit of writing out the Towrah helps committing it to memory where it can be used more productively in our daily walk as a witness to Yah existing in His Towrah as an observer of Towrah is so true.

Now if only I could actually remember better specifics and where something was written. Concepts, ideas, and themes I get but details i can never remember, just not how my brain is wired. At least with writing out the Towrah this way I can narrow it down with I know I translated something about that, therefore it must be in somewhere between the first chapter of Ba'reshiyth and 29, and I think it concerned Abraham, so I'll start there.

Offline VinceB.  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 7:47:24 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

James wrote:
Now if only I could actually remember better specifics and where something was written. Concepts, ideas, and themes I get but details i can never remember, just not how my brain is wired. At least with writing out the Towrah this way I can narrow it down with I know I translated something about that, therefore it must be in somewhere between the first chapter of Ba'reshiyth and 29, and I think it concerned Abraham, so I'll start there.

There's so much to learn, relearn, unlearn, undo (for those coming out of a religious brainwashing backgrounds like I am)...I'm in the same boat in that I know Yah said it and Paul lied about it - but I hope to someday get more organized such that I have specifics and references in that: Yah said this, and Paul said that, in a notebook format, so I have it readily available to counter the corruptions, concealments, and counterfeiting of Christians having been brainwashed by Paul and all the corruptions scholars/copy-editors (agenda driven folks like Constantine)...Yada, as well as you, et al, have done much of the hard work and the information is all there - it's just spread out over 10,000 pages; which I'm not complaining - I could careless if it were 100,000 pages: the facts are the facts, are the facts - the truth will stand the test of time and knowing and understanding what Yah thinks is the only thing I care about - it's getting to the point now in which I pretty much eat, sleep, drink, play, look at the world through the lenses of Towrah/of what Yah says exclusively...as best as I can tell, going about this relationship with Yah as was perfectly modeled for us when He walked the earth as Yahowsha'.

HWHY
Offline tagim  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 7:34:07 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Wow, Vince, you blow me away. Reading your post, you are looking at me. I do exactly as you. It does not matter if it is 10,000, 100,000 pages, it is all the same, all I want. I daily live and breath the site and the books. I think there are many brothers and sisters here just like that, us, and we love it and cannot get enough of it. "What haven't I read? Go over it again. Do I have latest chapter of ITG. Our lives have changed; our brotherhood has grown, our minds have expanded. I know you have touched a cord of many and I wanted to be one of the first to let you know. The only drawback I find is the wait on Yada, who tirelessly plods along, and because his work is so tasking, the wait seems so long. Pray you had a wonderful holiday.
Offline VinceB.  
#33 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:58:46 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

tagim wrote:
Wow, Vince, you blow me away. Reading your post, you are looking at me. I do exactly as you. It does not matter if it is 10,000, 100,000 pages, it is all the same, all I want. I daily live and breath the site and the books. I think there are many brothers and sisters here just like that, us, and we love it and cannot get enough of it. "What haven't I read? Go over it again. Do I have latest chapter of ITG. Our lives have changed; our brotherhood has grown, our minds have expanded. I know you have touched a cord of many and I wanted to be one of the first to let you know. The only drawback I find is the wait on Yada, who tirelessly plods along, and because his work is so tasking, the wait seems so long. Pray you had a wonderful holiday.

on this roll I'm on now - I actually wish YY was 100,000 pages...at least once we're out of here we'll have eternity to really shamar and binah Yah's Towrah from a energized spiritual heavenly perspective -- in other words: it's all good from here on out for His family...
HWHY
Offline Yah Tselem  
#34 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 7:28:56 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

So far James is the only one I know of to post updates of his translations on here. It was discussed in the BTR cr today that it would be great if we could determine who would work on what books and then all of us post updates. I think this would be geared toward those who have logos. Who knows, maybe we'll eventually get some finished books on here! Since James is doing genesis, I am doing exodus. I think Bobby said he is going to start one soon too. Please if you are on board with the idea, post which book you wanna work on so that people can avoid being redundant. And yes I know we'd all like to do all the TPP ourselves, but one step at a time.

Also, right now I am working on a hebrew glossary that shows each hebrew word and the various meanings. I have like 9,000 more words to add, so it is taking awhile. If anyone wants to help by adding strongs numbers, adding the hebrew letters of each word, etc, let me know. I also could use help with different stems, tenses, etc cuz I really don't know how to do that very well yet. If this turns out the way I want it to, it could be a very useful aid in translating. It's like taking all the best resources and merging them into one hence making it more user friendly but not intended to take the place of the resources which can and should still be used.
Offline tagim  
#35 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 7:45:02 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Great ideas, all, YT. I am sure James will read your post and the cr comments. I think it is time to start a thread to form the basis of what we need to do in this regard and hopefully James will see to that. It is a start, and then down the road we here can have our own publication of our efforts. Maybe some more members will add their thoughts now.
Offline Starstrider  
#36 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 2:54:31 PM(UTC)
Starstrider

I am game to do some translating. I think it is a good idea if we all could take a book. I would like to work on Dabarym unless someone else wants it. Thanks, Bobby
Offline FredSnell  
#37 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 2:29:38 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
It might take me a month on a verse, but it sounds like a worthy project. I have e-sword loaded and an old Strongs Exhaustive Concordance, (exhaustive), but would really wait until I got better tools, but am always looking up words and willing to participate and cheer on.
Offline cgb2  
#38 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 4:11:04 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Just having purchased LOGOs (but not yet seasoned at translating), having a coordinated effort to get complete book translations done in a timely manner is an awesome idea. Could this be a "scriptures only" link off YY site, or on another site. Could there be a seasoned translator acting as organizer,gatekeeper, proofreader, webmaster? Would be nice if organized to prevent redundant effort and also quality control.

Just bouncing ideas, and would love to hear others.
Offline cgb2  
#39 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 4:51:35 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Perhaps the scriptures only weblink can also help organize in real time, seeing what's there and with notations indicating translator & goal.
For instance:
<Chapters X, X, X assigned to YT, goal xx/xx/xx>
but also post portion updates as done.

Seems entire books could take years for a single individual, but yet if broken up too small it could lose momentum and even context.

Thinking Torah ASAP should be primary focus, but there are also many portions of Prophets and Psalms already done.
With Scriptures only versions of YY, ItG, Ba'reshith, etc already done this would already be great.
Even improving YY amplified using find/replace Yahweh & Yahuweh with Yahowah would be quick.

Uniformity using the bold & (xxx) format online and same in PDF format as well.
With PDF folks can easily take it to Kinko's, UPS store, etc and "publish" thier own hardcopy - 2 sided and spiral bound.
Offline Walt  
#40 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 11:37:30 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Great ideas and points, like Chuck said - consistency in hows it's put down, and Torah being a priority.
I think files needs to be posted as a sticky so it's easy for people to find, with discussions following.

I would LOVE to help out, but not able to purchase Logos at this time, so I will offer to help out in any other way I can. Don't be afraid to ask.
Offline James  
#41 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2011 9:48:24 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Okay, here is an update through Chapter 30.
File Attachment(s):
Bare'shiyth.zip (2,041kb) downloaded 61 time(s).

Offline James  
#42 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:00:45 AM(UTC)
James
Man

I figure this is as good a place as any to post this.

My wife has got the idea to create a decorative way to hang the 10 dabar in the Picto Hebrew on our walls. My job in this endeavor was to transcribe the 10 dabar from the modern Hebrew to the Picto Hebrew. Well I figured I would share it with everyone here. So here is the 10 Dabar in Paleo Hebrew. I used the way they appear in Exodus 20, so this is Ex 20:1-17.

FYI, While i have triple and quadruple checked them, but there are probably still some errors, so please check them and let me know where I have erred.

Edited by user Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:57:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Mike  
#43 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:59:57 PM(UTC)
Mike

Thanks for sharing this James. Pretty cool.
People will need the Semetic Early font to read this. I had already downloaded a bunch of Hebrew fonts so I had it. I think the font is here: http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/14_ahrcfonts.html
The bottom one marked Early Semitic.

Other Hebrew fonts are at http://www.bibleplaces.com/paleo_hebrew_fonts.htm
Shalom
File Attachment(s):
10 Dabar PDF (Picto Hebrew).zip (9kb) downloaded 31 time(s).
Offline James  
#44 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:59:21 PM(UTC)
James
Man

I embeded the font in rhe doc so those with out it should still be able to read it. If it didn't work someone please let me know, I did it the same way I showed Yada to do it for the itg and if it is not working I need to figure out a new way.

Offline In His Name  
#45 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:46:44 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Worked for me James, thanks for sharing
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline James  
#46 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:58:33 AM(UTC)
James
Man

found a few transcription error and fixed them. Here is the updated version.

Again check them I have six times and it wasn't until the sixth time i found these errors.

File Attachment(s):
10 Dabar (Picto Hebrew).zip (1,175kb) downloaded 38 time(s).

Offline Mike  
#47 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2012 5:48:04 AM(UTC)
Mike

If this works then attached is the the latest ITG, as of 2-2-2012, in PDF format for those people who don't have Microsoft word. The paleo Hebrew fonts just show as wing-dings when viewing with Open Office.

Shalom
File Attachment(s):
!!! An Introduction to God_2-2-2012.zip (3,019kb) downloaded 37 time(s).
Offline James  
#48 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2012 6:42:43 AM(UTC)
James
Man

thanks mike, i didn't think to test it in OpenOffice. I know i can't get it to render the fonts right on my Android tablet, but I made my own PDF for that. So thanks for creating one and sharing it.