logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Robert9876  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2009 9:57:42 AM(UTC)
Robert9876

Shalom,

First, let me apologize for starting about 15 different topics in 2 days. I just started reading YY and FH about a week ago, so I'm still in the beggining stages of having everything I thought I knew flipped on it's head, so... yea.

My question is this: Firstly, can anyone who knows of or has personally been to Glory of Zion church (of which Chuck Pierce is the... I guess head apostle) tell me what they think about it? Secondly, can it be trusted?

You see, I just finished my freshman year at UNT and I started going to GofZ while there. At the time, pre-YY and FH, I thought it was a pretty good church (I had a few misgivings but was willing to look the other way because everyone at least appeared to really care about Yahweh), at least better than any church I had ever gone to. And, if nothing else, they were the only church that I had ever gone to which placed ANY emphasis on the Tanakh (that is the "OT" right? Or is it called the Torah?) which made reading YY and FH easier to digest the first time, which is a good thing. The things I have misgivings on are (then): at the end of each service there is almost always some sort of altar call where 90%+ of the congregation is being "slain" in the spirit, a couple of people ALWAYS are making some sort of noise in the "spirit" (which, by the way, is really annoying when your trying to listen to what the preacher is trying to say...). Misgivings I have NOW: They still use "Jesus", "Lord", etc. when refering to YAHUSHUA and YAHWEH (which I think is very strange seeing as Robert Hiedler, who is the main teacher there, seems to know at least Hebrew, and probably Greek too, very well).

Fortunatly, I am not up in Denton for the summer, but am back home, where I have ample time away from all of them, whether they are right or wrong, to consult Yahweh, His Scriptures, and YY and FH (and I'll hopefully be getting into TOM here shortly too) about this. And again, I am not saying they are wrong or anything, as there are people there I dearly love, and who I think are really searching for the truth of Yahweh, but I just want to know the Truth. Thanks.
As of 7-22-2009, 10:19 PM US Central Time

Earliest (possibly)
Time until Friday, September 1, 2023 (Jerusalem time)
5152 days
123665 hours
7419943 minutes

Latest (possibly)
Time until Saturday, October 31, 2026 (Jerusalem time)
6308 days
151410 hours
9084644 minutes
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2009 10:49:18 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Robert9876 wrote:
Shalom,

First, let me apologize for starting about 15 different topics in 2 days. I just started reading YY and FH about a week ago, so I'm still in the beginning stages of having everything I thought I knew flipped on it's head, so... yea.

haha that feeling is still very strong in my memory :) Actually I don't think things stopped being tipped over for along time after I first started reading into all this.

ANYWAY

Errm I would never trust anything any man who can stand at the front of a group of people and give themselves some kind of leadership...

But yea in an imperfect world you have to look at whats going on there. What is their statement of belief? creed?

There are a lot of Messianic Christian and Jewish movements around, and to be honest most of them are as deceived as Christians. It seems most messianic groups see the problem with Christianity then jump too far and land in rabbinical Judaism. Basically messianic isn't the way.

In about 4 years now I think, we have not found a place that actually has any idea about right - it seems the people with the drive to set something up get overzealous and go way passed the mark. Then they end up in as worse place as where they started.

SOOO advice wise. For now chillax. It took us 2 years to get kicked out, and in that time it got harder and harder to listen. I don't have the patients of KP who seems to be able to take it on the chin as to say ( it must be his awesome voice ). Also I think it was right to leave, (we had no choice anyway lol) we are called out of Babylon so its good to actually let yourself be called out. Their ain't nothing you can do from the inside that's for sure.

Keep learning, keep poking them with a stick. If they cant get the basics right (names) then what hope is there? lol

PS - HAHAH just read their beliefs... loved this bit:

"We believe that the miracle working power that was displayed by Jesus Christ, the Messiah,"

HAHA Jesus Christ the Messiah!!! LOL How funny is that - wow people really do think Christ is Jesus' second name!!!

http://www.glory-of-zion.org/doctrinestatement.htm

I say walk away... lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2009 1:59:13 PM(UTC)
kp

We're all stuck between a rock and a hard place, Robert. The first reality is that nowhere (at least that I've heard of) is there a "perfect" congregation, or pastor, or group of believers who all use the "right" vocabulary, understand absolutely everything about the scriptures, and are in perfect harmony with Yahweh's Spirit. Such a place doesn't exist on this planet, and if it did, we'd screw it up by inserting our own imperfect presence into such an august gathering if we started attending. But the converse reality is that Yahweh wants us to congregate anyway, assembling together to honor Him, pulling together in good works, exhorting, encouraging, and praying for one another---and doing so ever more faithfully as we perceive that the Day of Yahshua's return is drawing near. The forum is one way of doing that, but if we just sit here at our computer terminals and refuse to interact with people in our local neighborhoods because they don't already "get it," we not only cheat ourselves, we're cheating them.

Does Yahweh know the ekklesia is flawed---populated by people who are shallow, stubborn, tradition bound, sinful, and stupid? Of course He does. Just go back and read the letters to the seven assemblies in Revelation 2 and 3. Does he tell them to stop meeting together? No. He tells them (in order) to repent, be courageous, repent (again), hold fast to whatever truth you possess, hold fast and repent (again), hold fast (again), and finally, repent (again). So here's my provocative question: how are they supposed to know what to hold fast to and what to repent from if everybody who's studied, prayed, and made themselves open to the leading of Yahweh's Spirit has left and refuses to come back? We're supposed to be salt and light, not absent without leave. Doctors don't refuse to go to the hospital just because there are sick people there.

Don't misunderstand me, please. I'm not advocating showing up, swallowing hard, and accepting errant doctrine and mindless tradition in the misguided quest for "Christian unity." I'm advocating something much harder: show up (even on the wrong day, if you have to) and be the voice and testimony of Yahweh's truth---shed light on the situation; impart information; pray for your less well-educated brothers and sisters; show them (gently) where they've got things backward. Ask pointed questions. Love people. Meet needs. Prepare yourself with reasoned answers for your "strange" behavior. Some congregations, if approached this way, will eventually tire of having coals of fire poured onto their heads (in love), and ask you to leave, as Robski's did. If that happens, shake the dust off your feet and move on. On the other hand, some congregations (like mine) will take the Berean approach, and thoughtfully consider your Spiritual excentricities. After ten years, my pastor (who's twenty-five years younger than I am) has learned to trust my odd take on things, because every time I've challenged him on something (always in love) he's been unable to prove me wrong---even when I freak him out with stuff he's never heard before, anywhere. You may live in a locale where there's nothing to work with, but I doubt it. I live in central Virginia---sparsely populated, rural, and tradition bound---and I got blessed. Okay, my friends there will never get the vocabulary right. I've come to terms with that. But (and this is perhaps a good indicator of how lost a congregation is) they don't condemn me for trying to get it right, either. It's a start. Give me another fifteen years, and I'll have 'em calling "Jesus" Yahshua. Maybe :-)

kp
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2009 12:23:16 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Robert9876, welcome to the club! We've all been there and done that. Eventually, we tire because we cannot keep on hitting ourselves on the head when they do not get it. So, instead of making enemies outright, take the low line and a soft approach and share what you know. The best way is not to tell the people around you, "Hey! You guys are wrong!" but to ask questions that turn them on their heads. I personally went up to the parish priest and asked pointed questions like, "Why do Catholics abstain from meat on Fridays?" "Why are Catholics understanding of the 10 Commandments different?" "What is the Father's name when we say 'The Lord's Prayer'?" "Why, why, why...?" (I heard that the priest left the church a few years after I stopped attending! I don't think it was because of me, though.) So, when you ask questions they are bound to answer. And when their answers do not match up with what is written in Scripture, then you can point out that error and ask another question, "But doesn't Scripture say...? So how...?" You lead them through a questioning mind. You ask like a child and they can't think of you much worse. Eventually they will treat you the way they treat most of us or start searching for answers themselves. Most of the time it the the former. But when it happens, don't be discouraged as it is their loss. Just hang on and invest in yourself first, so that you can be an effective witness to those around you, by deed and by word.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Robert9876  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 4:39:56 AM(UTC)
Robert9876

Thank you all for the wise replies. KP, you said:

"...but if we just sit here at our computer terminals and refuse to interact with people in our local neighborhoods because they don't already "get it," we not only cheat ourselves, we're cheating them."

And thats exactly right. How will anyone else know the truth if those who already know it refuse to help? If we all just walk away? The world's going to have a hard enough time after the Harpazzo, we might as well try to make that harvesting too big for people not to notice while we can still do something about it! So, I guess I am staying until I'm forcibly removed from the premises... :) Or maybe a LITTLE before that...

One thing that is still bothering me though, is going on sundays to the church itself. I want to help the people, yes, but I don't want to support the church establishments almost 2,000 year old blasphemy... I have lived too long as a hypocrite to want to go down that road again, because all it leads to is death, or worse...

But then again, I think when Yahweh said that He is not willing that any should perish, and when Yahshua said to go to the ends of the earth, I think even church on sunday is included. I dunno.
As of 7-22-2009, 10:19 PM US Central Time

Earliest (possibly)
Time until Friday, September 1, 2023 (Jerusalem time)
5152 days
123665 hours
7419943 minutes

Latest (possibly)
Time until Saturday, October 31, 2026 (Jerusalem time)
6308 days
151410 hours
9084644 minutes
Offline johnvonjr  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:15:50 PM(UTC)
johnvonjr

Dear Brother Robert,

If the Glory of Zion meets on Sunday morning, then they are compromising the true faith of Yahweh with the mark of Rome and the Roman Church.
They are trying to have it both ways and are lukewarm. The wrath of Yahweh is reserved for the children of disobedience.

Yahweh bless thee, and keep thee:
Yahweh make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
Yahweh lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee shalom.

Shalom,

Your Brother in Yahshua,
John Von
Offline Matthew  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2011 7:45:36 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
johnvonjr wrote:
If the Glory of Zion meets on Sunday morning, then they are compromising the true faith of Yahweh with the mark of Rome and the Roman Church.
They are trying to have it both ways and are lukewarm. The wrath of Yahweh is reserved for the children of disobedience.

So the Disciples gathering on the first day of the week was in disobedience to Yahweh, or is it one of those "it depends" answers?
Offline Walt  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 3:27:25 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Matthew wrote:
So the Disciples gathering on the first day of the week was in disobedience to Yahweh, or is it one of those "it depends" answers?

That's from a corrupted translation - it says "First Shabbot" not "first day of the week" - even Strongs shows that
The 1st Shabbot is referring to the 1st shabbot of "Feast of Weeks"

Also from the comment by KP - there is a big difference between trying to reach christians and participating in their religion of men
He makes a very bad assumption in that if you aren't going to church on Sundays then you are doing nothing to reach them

If I want to reach some wiccans - and I going to participate in a gathering with them?
If I want to reach muslims - and I going to goto a mosque and bow down on a prayer rug with them?

NO

Doing church is the same thing
Offline Daniel  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 3:47:54 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Walt wrote:
That's from a corrupted translation - it says "First Shabbot" not "first day of the week" - even Strongs shows that
The 1st Shabbot is referring to the 1st shabbot of "Feast of Weeks"

Whoa! That is really important!

Brother Walt, can you walk us through that, step by step.

I have to take it back to a pastor friend of mine and don't want to miss any steps.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Walt  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 4:31:43 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Daniel wrote:
Whoa! That is really important!

Brother Walt, can you walk us through that, step by step.

I have to take it back to a pastor friend of mine and don't want to miss any steps.

And 1161 upon 1722 the first 3391 [day] of the week 4521, when the disciples 3101 came together 4863 to break 2806 bread 740, Paul 3972 preached 1256 unto them 846, ready 3195 to depart 1826 on the morrow 1887; and 5037 continued 3905 his speech 3056 until 3360 midnight 3317.

Quote:
Strong's G4521 - sabbaton

1) the seventh day of each week which was a sacred festival on which the Israelites were required to abstain from all work

a) the institution of the sabbath, the law for keeping holy every seventh day of the week

b) a single sabbath, sabbath day

2) seven days, a week

Quote:
Root Word (Etymology)

Of Hebrew origin שַׁבָּת (H7676)

Strong's H7676 - shabbath

Noplace other than Acts 20:7 is it translated "day of the week"

There is a Greek word for "day" they could have put between "1st" and "week"

Quote:
Strong's G2250 - hēmera

When you read further through Acts 20 and get to verse 16

Act 20:16 For Paul had decided to sail past Ephesus, so that he would not have to spend time in Asia; for he was hurrying to be at Jerusalem, if possible, on the Day of Pentecost.

I got this from http://www.blueletterbible.org/ so it's info christianity has - but they ignore it in favor of their traditions-of-men
MessiYah warned us that men would hold to their traditions and make His word void

Offline Daniel  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 5:14:54 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Walt wrote:

No place other than Acts 20:7 is it translated "day of the week"

Check out these parallel translations of the CJB verses NIV!

This is the 'smoking gun' I have been looking for!
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

Offline Daniel  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 6:04:25 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Walt wrote:
Noplace other than Acts 20:7 is it translated "day of the week"

In Luk 24:1, Jhn 20:1, Jhn 20:19 , 1Cr 16:2 King James' translators rendered it as "day of the week".

So, by my count, 91.1% of the time "sabbaton" is rendered as "Sabbath".

Good enough for me!
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline cgb2  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 7:20:49 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
On Chuck Pierce seems even some Christian label his teaching heretical:
http://www.deceptionbytes.com/taxonomy/term/36

Having come out of charismatic circles, I now see much of it just new age spirtism repackaged in biblical terms. Also this "new global church" stuff really smacks of the end time lawless deception. His buddy Rick Joyner was given Knight of Malta status. Prayer walking, etc how does that differ from shamans. Urghh.

Plus I understand this guy has given many "prophesies" that have failed to pass.
Offline cgb2  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 7:34:26 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Here's some out of E-Sword. Although I use +KJV as search engine for Strongs - I trust the Thayer's for NT Greek and AHLB for Hebrew OT much more than strongs (see Roman's 13 G1849 exousia for example for primary meaning). Also was great getting so much for free, like ISR1998.
Sorry some of the fonts don't paste right for AHLB.

G1849
σάββατον
sabbaton
Thayer Definition:
1) the seventh day of each week which was a sacred festival on which the Israelites were required to abstain from all work
1a) the institution of the sabbath, the law for keeping holy every seventh day of the week
1b) a single sabbath, sabbath day
2) seven days, a week
Part of Speech: noun neuter
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: of Hebrew origin H7676
Citing in TDNT: 7:1, 989

AHLB
H7676
Strongs #7676: AHLB#: 2812 (N)

2812) Tbs% (Tbs% ShBT) ac: Cease co: ? ab: ?: The ceasing of work or activity in order to rest. [from: bs - sitting to rest]
V) Tbs% (Tbs% Sh-BT) - Cease: To cease from an activity for the purpose or rest or celebration. [freq. 71] (vf: Paal, Niphal, Hiphil) |kjv: cease, rest, away, fail, celebrate| {str: 7673}
Nf) Tbs% (Tbs% Sh-BT) - Ceasing: A stopping of activity. Often used for the seventh day or special feast day as a day set aside for resting or celebrating. [freq. 111] |kjv: sabbath, another, lost time, still, cease| {str: 7674, 7676}
hm) Tbsm% (Tbsm% MSh-BT) - Ceasing: [freq. 1] |kjv: sabbath| {str: 4868}
jm) Nftbs% (Nftbs% ShB-TWN) - Ceasing: [freq. 11] |kjv: rest, sabbath| {str: 7677}

Offline cgb2  
#15 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 7:42:33 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Also don't see why they couldn't meet the first day of the week, especially if they had work to do.
Irregardless it's awful how some twist this to mean 1st day is now sabbath.
Offline Matthew  
#16 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 8:45:30 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Walt, I have to admit that that truly is a great find, and could make things a lot easier. Can't figure out why I didn't know of that one sooner. As Daniel said, this is a smoking gun.

As for KP, he chooses to stay out because this forum has become a place all about winning arguments. With posts like yours, for example this one, he has considered himself uninvited.
Offline Walt  
#17 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 8:53:49 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

cgb2 wrote:
Also don't see why they couldn't meet the first day of the week, especially if they had work to do.
Irregardless it's awful how some twist this to mean 1st day is now sabbath.

well, Acts says they met day-to-day
But they didn't meet specifically on the 1st day of the week
Offline bigritchie  
#18 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 3:10:08 PM(UTC)
bigritchie

kp wrote:
We're all stuck between a rock and a hard place, Robert. The first reality is that nowhere (at least that I've heard of) is there a "perfect" congregation, or pastor, or group of believers who all use the "right" vocabulary, understand absolutely everything about the scriptures, and are in perfect harmony with Yahweh's Spirit. Such a place doesn't exist on this planet, and if it did, we'd screw it up by inserting our own imperfect presence into such an august gathering if we started attending. But the converse reality is that Yahweh wants us to congregate anyway, assembling together to honor Him, pulling together in good works, exhorting, encouraging, and praying for one another---and doing so ever more faithfully as we perceive that the Day of Yahshua's return is drawing near. The forum is one way of doing that, but if we just sit here at our computer terminals and refuse to interact with people in our local neighborhoods because they don't already "get it," we not only cheat ourselves, we're cheating them.

Does Yahweh know the ekklesia is flawed---populated by people who are shallow, stubborn, tradition bound, sinful, and stupid? Of course He does. Just go back and read the letters to the seven assemblies in Revelation 2 and 3. Does he tell them to stop meeting together? No. He tells them (in order) to repent, be courageous, repent (again), hold fast to whatever truth you possess, hold fast and repent (again), hold fast (again), and finally, repent (again). So here's my provocative question: how are they supposed to know what to hold fast to and what to repent from if everybody who's studied, prayed, and made themselves open to the leading of Yahweh's Spirit has left and refuses to come back? We're supposed to be salt and light, not absent without leave. Doctors don't refuse to go to the hospital just because there are sick people there.

Don't misunderstand me, please. I'm not advocating showing up, swallowing hard, and accepting errant doctrine and mindless tradition in the misguided quest for "Christian unity." I'm advocating something much harder: show up (even on the wrong day, if you have to) and be the voice and testimony of Yahweh's truth---shed light on the situation; impart information; pray for your less well-educated brothers and sisters; show them (gently) where they've got things backward. Ask pointed questions. Love people. Meet needs. Prepare yourself with reasoned answers for your "strange" behavior. Some congregations, if approached this way, will eventually tire of having coals of fire poured onto their heads (in love), and ask you to leave, as Robski's did. If that happens, shake the dust off your feet and move on. On the other hand, some congregations (like mine) will take the Berean approach, and thoughtfully consider your Spiritual excentricities. After ten years, my pastor (who's twenty-five years younger than I am) has learned to trust my odd take on things, because every time I've challenged him on something (always in love) he's been unable to prove me wrong---even when I freak him out with stuff he's never heard before, anywhere. You may live in a locale where there's nothing to work with, but I doubt it. I live in central Virginia---sparsely populated, rural, and tradition bound---and I got blessed. Okay, my friends there will never get the vocabulary right. I've come to terms with that. But (and this is perhaps a good indicator of how lost a congregation is) they don't condemn me for trying to get it right, either. It's a start. Give me another fifteen years, and I'll have 'em calling "Jesus" Yahshua. Maybe :-)

kp

So a Muslim who finds the truth should continue going to his place? After all Islam teaches some pretty Kosher things sometimes, they are not all wrong.

Or what about a Buddhist? Can they just reject the bad doctrine and keep the rest?

Should the Baal worshipers have continued to go to their places of worship, and just rejected the bad parts?

What about the mormons? Should they keep going and hanging out with the other Joseph Smith people?

What about a Satanist? Should they continue to head to the Satanic church every meeting? They could all make these same arguments you have KP.

Christianity is a false religion. Just like all the rest. Sure they can give you the correct time twice a day with their broken watch like any other religion.

So KP would you apply your same reasoning to the Muslim, or to the Satanist, or the Mithra worshiper, or the Mormons? If they told you the exact same thing you just said, what would be your response?

And don't get me wrong, I am not saying this to be mean, I just do not understand your reasoning.

Offline cgb2  
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 4:21:05 AM(UTC)
cgb2

How about other examples..and to the extreme:
Daniel amidst astrologers, magicians, soothsayers and even promoted to leader. Joseph being 2nd to Pharoah in pagan Mitsryim, and we could find many other examples of those called out to be light in the midst of darkness.

While I couldn't attend an institutional church at present, and even previously struggled and left a "home church" setting, I shouldn't play YaH and second guess anothers motives and calling. While many who go to ICs like their religion spoon fed and enjoy the social club, there is sometimes remnants who truly seek and would follow YHWH no matter what, even ultimately reject the traditions of men and replace it with YHWHs truth. I suppose most in this forum, myself included come from that background. I just know I currently lack the patience and gentleness and strength in his Word to be a light in any IC setting.

Note in Revelation and the letters to the 7 called out assemblies, that there are corruptions in most, but also mention of some in them who hadn't soiled themselves and willing to be refined (not a total absense of them). Also note the context of it being future - the Day of YHWH/2nd coming of Messiah:
Rev 1:10 I came to be in the Spirit on the Day of יהוה, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet,
Rev 1:11 saying, “I am the ‘Aleph’ and the ‘Taw’, the First and the Last,” and, “Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven assemblies of Asia – to Ephesos, and to Smurna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodikeia.”
Offline Walt  
#20 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 5:11:42 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

cgb2 wrote:
Daniel amidst astrologers, magicians, soothsayers and even promoted to leader. Joseph being 2nd to Pharoah in pagan Mitsryim, and we could find many other examples of those called out to be light in the midst of darkness.

While I couldn't attend an institutional church at present, and even previously struggled and left a "home church" setting, I shouldn't play YaH and second guess anothers motives and calling. While many who go to ICs like their religion spoon fed and enjoy the social club, there is sometimes remnants who truly seek and would follow YHWH no matter what, even ultimately reject the traditions of men and replace it with YHWHs truth. I suppose most in this forum, myself included come from that background. I just know I currently lack the patience and gentleness and strength in his Word to be a light in any IC setting.

Note in Revelation and the letters to the 7 called out assemblies, that there are corruptions in most, but also mention of some in them who hadn't soiled themselves and willing to be refined (not a total absense of them). Also note the context of it being future - the Day of YHWH/2nd coming of Messiah:
Rev 1:10 I came to be in the Spirit on the Day of יהוה, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet,
Rev 1:11 saying, “I am the ‘Aleph’ and the ‘Taw’, the First and the Last,” and, “Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven assemblies of Asia – to Ephesos, and to Smurna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodikeia.”

Both Daniel & Joseph were slaves so that changes things a lot. And they got to where they were by being uncompromising and being light that wasn't hid under a basket.

And there is a major difference between being someplace as light against the darkness as opposed to participating in false religions; promoting corruptions like jesus, the cross, the bible; and endorsing a denomination that stands opposed to Torah's place and role
Offline bigritchie  
#21 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 7:01:10 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

cgb2 wrote:

Yes, but there is a large difference here. Daniel I doubt attended the "Church" of the Babylonian and Persian false gods. And I doubt Joseph hung out at the church of Ra and Horus.

And CG, don't get me wrong, I am a former church attender myself. But I would not set foot back in a christian church if someone paid me, as I see it no different then going to the temple of Zeus, no matter how well meaning some of the people there are.

As for the 7 Assemblies..........guys those people were not christians and not involved in christian churches.

And please understand I am not attacking anyone or anything, I just do not understand your viewpoint, and if we do not agree.....that is ok!

Offline Richard  
#22 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 7:13:48 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Matthew wrote:
As for KP, he chooses to stay out because this forum has become a place all about winning arguments.

I do not understand that description of this particular thread or of the YY forums in general Matthew. Personally, I have been wonderfully blessed by the information shared here and by the experiences related by my brothers and sisters in Yahushua's Called-Out Assembly. It does disappoint me that Ken would consider himself unwelcome. Perhaps some of his conclusions are not well-received, such as the idea that it's all right to continue to fellowship with those who promote falsehood, but that does not mean the Ken himself is not welcome. Surely one who could be used to bring forth a work as outstanding as TOM has more understanding than that! C'mon, man!

I love these forums.

Richard
Offline cgb2  
#23 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 10:04:03 AM(UTC)
cgb2

I was just trying to understand, but personally I too don't set foot in ICs except for relatives/freinds weddings & funerals.

I went to a summer bluegrass event in a small town nearby with a freind, thinking it was in town Park and instead was at a church outdoors on thier lawn. I know the "temple of Zeus" feeling even when I walked in thier gymnasium (was somewhat ironic that not a single song the band played was "gospel bluegrass" :^)

I still pick, hunt with many christian freinds and certainly have took a stand, and man, talk about YaHushua's words being true "I did not come to bring peace but division..." with my very Christian family (parents, siblings). Sometimes my approach way too harsh, but with most it's almost impossible even with a gentle approach to not get a very heated response. That "strong delusion" is really apparent.

I do regularly attend a great fellowship in someones home, and was so happy to find them. Is it perfect? No, we are all growing. With my brothers taking the "Lew White" Exodus 23:13 way too rigid (can't say east, chronology, days of week, some months, and lots of other no-no words, and do opposite of any pagan thing) it gets tedious at time, but I try to watch my vocabulary so I don't offend them. The fellowship and growth far outweighs the negatives they or I have.
Offline Walt  
#24 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 11:01:58 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

I would say that for most of the people participating here, it's NOT about "winning arguments" but seeking, discovering & standing for TRUTH.

If it were as egocentric as winning arguments, then peoples beliefs & practices wouldn't change & change again on the journey of discovery - they would still be sitting in churches and wouldn't be examining outside the bible/church box.
We wouldn't be enduring loneliness and lack of fellowship & friends just for argument's sake
I'm much more concerned with getting it right then with being right

Some of us may seem over critical, but when you realize how most everything you've been told & sold is either a corruption or flat out lie - you tend to have that happen.
When you've been slowly & continually poisoned from every direction - you want to make double/triple sure it's safe before you pop it into your soul's mouth

Yada's words of "how much error can we accept before we cross the line" is important to mull over & over and bring to reality.
How much poison can we knowingly ingest and still be alive & healthy?
How much can we ignore or dismiss Yah's warnings and commands and still be His?

Since it is in Mark, did Messiyah warn that holding to traditions would be invalidating and rendering useless, robbing of force, putting out of action Yah's word?
Offline cgb2  
#25 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 4:41:34 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Walt wrote:
I would say that for most of the people participating here, it's NOT about "winning arguments" but seeking, discovering & standing for TRUTH.

If it were as egocentric as winning arguments, then peoples beliefs & practices wouldn't change & change again on the journey of discovery - they would still be sitting in churches and wouldn't be examining outside the bible/church box.
We wouldn't be enduring loneliness and lack of fellowship & friends just for argument's sake
I'm much more concerned with getting it right then with being right

Some of us may seem over critical, but when you realize how most everything you've been told & sold is either a corruption or flat out lie - you tend to have that happen.
When you've been slowly & continually poisoned from every direction - you want to make double/triple sure it's safe before you pop it into your soul's mouth

Yada's words of "how much error can we accept before we cross the line" is important to mull over & over and bring to reality.
How much poison can we knowingly ingest and still be alive & healthy?
How much can we ignore or dismiss Yah's warnings and commands and still be His?

Since it is in Mark, did Messiyah warn that holding to traditions would be invalidating and rendering useless, robbing of force, putting out of action Yah's word?

I can't say I disagree with a single thing you said. I've struggled thru the pain of discovering flat out lies, and now when I study his Word in a new light it's so obvious and can't believe I had ever allowed myself to be decieved for so long. The disharmony, complex convoluted work arounds and downright ignoring tons of Scripture with the christian mindset fits the "strong delusion" and "mystery of lawlessness".

But I'm tired of being pissed off at christianity (and christians) and want to move on. Especially about loving my neighbor. I want the whole christian past to be mainly irrelevant (not angry at it) and move on. Also the love part of sharing and gentleness, remembering that I didn't come out of it all once, and have no way arrived yet.
Offline VinceB.  
#26 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2011 8:06:22 PM(UTC)
VinceB.

Hi folks.

Reading through these comments, I couldn't help but wonder why all these souls be down cast?

I mean: Yahowah's a Big God (being the only One, goes without saying...) - He's covered all the bases...and I have come to see for myself, if Paul's right, than Yahowah's a liar - and since we know Yah can't lie, it's clearer Paul's the liar...

Finally, over the years, I've must have read the entire Word of God (including what's referred to as the N.T. because of Paul's works...) some 25 times...plus a lot of little selected portions and/or sections independently, as well as in a group setting - large and small - (and lots of daily devotional stuff going back several years)...and one thing is very clear to me: Yahowah does all the heavy lifting in both His sayings and in all His doings, and He invites us along to witness Him in all His esteem as He affirms, confirms, and fulfills the entire thing Himself as we are invited to participate in our: observing Him, valuing Him, revering Him, holding on to Him, celebrating the 7 Feasts with Him, along with His Shabbat days...so we're to hold on and not deviate to the right hand or the left in what He's revealed and done for us, and in His want for us to want to participate with Him in these gifts as He fulfills all the rest of His promises including the last 3 Fall Feast Days...so buckle up, and hang-on...

My apologizes in advance for having cut into what you all are discussing...I still have to finish Questioning Paul; and have a ton more to read from YY...

HWHY