logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Light1  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 8:33:32 AM(UTC)
Light1
Man

Hello, I have recently begun reading Yada Yahweh and had a question-will there be an audio version like Prophet of Doom? :)
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 8:59:52 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
welcome Light1 :)

well there are some audio files of YY avalible already for some chapters... im sure once the writing has finished the audio will be created...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 9:38:35 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
In the outline that Yada gave, it clearly had things color coded showing what needed to be done. Several of those had a color code for an audio file. So, it will be done, just don't quite know when.
Offline Jim  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 3:25:39 PM(UTC)
Jim
Man

Light1,
Welcome! Icy is right that the remainder of mp3's will be created for those chapters in progress. As Swalchy said, there are yet many mp3's already created. It might not be obvious but it is quite a time consuming effort to create just one chapter recording.

A temporary alternative is to use text-to-speech software which has mp3 or wav recording capability. A free option is Ultra HAL. See http://www.zabaware.com/ For a more commercial version, try Natural Reader. See http://www.naturalreaders.com/

Most readers will include three free voices. By far the best voice is one you need to pay for, Paul Voice from NeoSpeech. Not a perfect human voice but very tolerable.
Jim
Offline shohn  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 7:55:27 PM(UTC)
shohn

I use TextAloud which also has the neospeech voices. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the desktop mates plugin offered by the aforementioned zabbawre product.
--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 10:02:08 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Swalchy wrote:

Robski isn't going to like that you thought he was me. =P

Let the loling commence.

/sob
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Yada  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 10:16:53 PM(UTC)
Yada

Hello Everyone - since this thread has started talking about applications that might be used to play YY audio recordings, I thought it might be best to put it under another topic. You will find it under "Resources."

I would like to keep the "Announcements" section primarily for the release of new/draft YY chapters as well as other new information regarding the YY forum, web site, chat room, etc.

Thanks.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Theophilus  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 3:03:02 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I'm glad you mentioned a temporary solution as I find it beneficial to hear Yada's inflections and pronounciations. I don't know if KP has plans to add audio to FH or TOM. IF not, this may be the only option in that case.
Offline Icy  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 3:54:14 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I was talking with kp a few months back, and he did mention plans to one day do an audio version of FH with him reading the commentary and Yada reading the scripture. I don't know when it might happen though.
Offline Light1  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:46:41 AM(UTC)
Light1
Man

Whoops, silly me-I just spotted the mp3's in the early chapters. :)
Offline Jim  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:51:41 AM(UTC)
Jim
Man

Swalchy, Icy, Robskiwarrior;
You guys should move to Florida and get out of the impending cold, that way when you are falling out your chair laughing it won't hurt so much. ;) Plus, I could laughing with you! I don't know who to apologize to first; Swalch, who ending up getting swore at, or Robski, for the obvious offense of being mistaken for Swalch. LOL

Obviously, I should pay more attention to detail, at least for Icy's sake. :)
Jim
Offline Jim  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:54:26 AM(UTC)
Jim
Man

Thanks for the move Yada,
Jim
Offline Yada  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:17:09 PM(UTC)
Yada

Speaking of Yada's audio recordings, we are playing them in the YY Study Group room on Paltalk.

We also just added two very good video presentations by Lew White, the author of "Fossilized Customs" (which is referenced in YY). The titles of the presentations are: 1. "The Name of the Creator" and, "The Sabbath - Keep it Set Apart." If you have time please stop by the room and join us.

The room (and the software) is free - just go to www.paltalk.com and download the new version of "Paltalk Scene" which includes video. Then, after you have chosen a nickname, please let me know so that we can invite you into the room when we open.

We look forward to seeing on Paltalk.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 9:20:14 PM(UTC)
Yada

If you click on the following link, it will take you to our room on Paltalk:

http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/group/1120300276/

Simply click on "Chat Now" to you will be taken directly into our room.

Again, I would like to remind everyone to remove any and all personal information from this page.

Thanks.