logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Richard  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 6:03:27 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I just received an email from a brother in New Jersey in which he declared that he can find no one to immerse him in obedience to the Scriptures. My reply was that, personally, I see no reason why he cannot dip himself, but that I would present his dilemma to the assembly for a consensus. The floor is yours.

Richard
Offline phantomslayer777  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 7:53:02 PM(UTC)
phantomslayer777

Hi, that would be me. Thank you for bringing this up in the assembly, may Yahuwah richly bless everyone here.

I just signed-up. In the last weeks I did much research, and having come full circle, concluded upon the names Yah-u-wah, and Yah-u-shua.

I did a video too.

Anyways, glad to be among the seekers.
Offline In His Name  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 3:43:08 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
IMO... the water baptism is a public event to show your submission to and acceptance of the will of YHWH.

So if you want to immerse yourself alone in your bathtub, I would say you are not accomplishing the goal.

BUT, if you were to record the event and present it to an audience of yahuwdy, I would think that acceptable.

Sounds like a new thread has been created!

“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Daniel  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 4:14:25 AM(UTC)
Daniel

flintface wrote:
he can find no one to immerse him in obedience to the Scriptures. My reply was that, personally, I see no reason why he cannot dip himself

My mother, a scholar of ancient Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic languages, says that self immersion, with an assembly of witnesses, was the norm, back in the old days.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 6:26:41 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
The way I see it, if you have an assembly to do it with, that is best. But unfortunately most of us don't live near each other, and don't have assemblies that we meet with, in which case get as many as you have and do it, or if there is no one, then by all means do it by yourself, in the presence of Yah. When I fist decided that I was ready to accept Yah's gift, and wanted to be immersed in His word, I knew no one, and so did it by myself, now that I know my wife and we share Yah's love, when we have children, we will do it together as a family, when they are old enough to make the choice for themselves.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline phantomslayer777  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 10:13:35 PM(UTC)
phantomslayer777

Thank you. The assembly thing will be hard to do with a baptism, considering I cannot even find someone in New Jersey to baptize me.

However, sometime ago, I stood before a congregation at a Baptist (Babylonian) church, and professed belief in Jesus, and acceptance as Savior.

That was before I did my research on the names.

I wonder if that counts in place of having an assembly present at my forth coming baptism?
Offline RidesWithYah  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 12:46:19 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Where in New Jersey?

If they're in reach, drop in and say hello to one of these groups:

http://www.yahogo.org/newjersey.html

You may not agree on everything, but focus on the common ground, and you might be pleasantly surprised.
Offline phantomslayer777  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 6:06:20 AM(UTC)
phantomslayer777

Hey thanks. Too bad this forum does not have email notification.