logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline James  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2010 4:01:59 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I have found as of late that one of the biggest stumbling blocks that has been put up to keep people from questioning their faith in religion is deceased loved ones.

So many people I have talked to struggle with this more than anything else. They don't want to question their faith, because they are afraid they are wrong, and if they are wrong, then what about aunt so and so, or my grandmother who was such a sweet and lovely person. Because they are afraid to admit that someone they loved and cared about, might no be in heaven with them they aren't willing to even question. So you can present them with all the facts and proof, but they are not willing to process it because of that consequence.

We really have no answer we can give, we don't know the fate of those who have died, that is between them and Yah, but people want an assurance that their loved ones are safe. Until someone is willing to accept the fact that some of the people they have cared about have died apart from Yahuweh, the are not going to be willing to question anything.

This seems to me to be especially prevalent in Christianity which is very insular, and stresses the afterlife. Many Christians do not have close relationships with non Christians, so they have never had to question rather someone one they care about will be in heaven, they assume they all will be. I would say it is part of the reason that so many don't have close friends who are not Christian, they don't want to have to worry about it.

I think this may be why the Truth is easier for people who come from an agnostic, atheist position to accept. Myself coming from an agnostic view, have no issue with it. I come from a view that death was likely the end, so when people I loved and cared for passed away I thought they live on in my memories and that is all I can hope for. So since I have never loved or cared for anyone who would be headed for door number 2, the abyss, nothing has changed for me.

Someone coming from the Christian view, must first come to grips in their own way with this. They are left with only a handful of options, not one of which is very easy to accept emotionally. They can come to the conclusion that their loved ones lived a good life, and that was all. Or they can decide that they probably knew God and all will be okay, but never have the assurance that they did, Or they can come to the conclusion that it is out of their hands, and hope for the best. None of these are easy options for someone who is coming from a place of assurance that these loved ones will be in heaven.

Any ways, this was just something on my mind today, and I thought I would share.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Walt  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2010 5:35:19 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

James, you are sooo spot on with your assessment

I myself came from a seeking angle - going through different religions seeking the true Almighty so I didn't hold to my christian relatives being in heaven because I knew what they were depending on wasn't solid ground, so now seeing life's a b_ _ _* and then you die is the major destination most travel to is easier to acknowledge - the "heaven or hell only" concept can be tortuous on the psyche, and creates a "refusal to question or examine closely" overriding prime directive implanted in their processing of faith and religion
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2010 12:35:41 PM(UTC)
James
Man

thread died for some reason, let's see if a post brings it back.

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2010 1:16:17 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
probably the pants forums... BUMP! lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Juski  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2010 10:37:15 PM(UTC)
Juski

James - I think you're spot on. I'm sure that my friends who have lost family members cling to the security that their loved one is happy in heaven so their early death wasn't wasted. Recently a humanist friend of mine died and it was really refreshing going to a funeral which was honest and real - no false hope - just a simple celebration of a life now ended.

I think when talking to Christians we have to try and draw the conversation away from the afterlife as much as we can - those questions will inevitably come up at some point but will be less of a stumbling block once other bits of the puzzle are in place. When people have asked me whether i think they'll "get in" I've been honest and said i don't know and that's really the best we can offer them.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2010 2:36:06 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

VERY insightful James, thanks for sharing this.

You've hit on an incredibly powerful thing. My father died in 1988. My mother was treated for colon cancer last year. She told me "the last thing I can do now is start questioning my faith" (or the lies she's been taught); both for her own situation, and because of what she might learn about my dad's fate.

Their fate is already decided -- your concern should be YOUR relationship with Yah.
And then the living.

But a powerful block indeed.

I struggled with the concept too, even back when I was in mainstream Christianity. My best friend from high school committed suicide rather than testify against the scout leader who habitually molested him through adolescence. Most churches point to Judas and call that decision an unforgivable sin. They may be right, but Curt's fate is in Yah's hands, not the Pope's.
Offline PattyB  
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 6:38:48 PM(UTC)
PattyB
Woman

James, I think we've talked about this a few times. I definitely struggled with my dad's fate after reading through Yada Yahweh. I think you will probably remember me crying at points during our studies. I am just now to the point where I can accept that I don't know and that I don't have to know. All that we can do is work on our relationship with Yahuweh and trying to share that with our loved ones that are still among us. The potential exists for us to make a difference in their lives where as we can not influence the dead. Their fate is already sealed. I see my Mom struggling with the same thing and while she seems to understand, she doesn't want to lose that comfort of knowing she will see my father again. It is definitely a hard thing to deal with but it is so worth it.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 9:28:57 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

An interesting side to this - if I had died not knowing Yah but thinking I did, I would want my family to do everything they could to get it right... If I get a moment to have a concious thought after physical death it would be, don't follow me!
Offline RidesWithYah  
#9 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 2:12:37 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Yup. Yahshua taught along this same theme:

Lazarus and the rich man
Offline TRUTH B-TOLD  
#10 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 4:51:58 AM(UTC)
TRUTH B-TOLD
Man

PattyB wrote:

I see my Mom struggling with the same thing and while she seems to understand, she doesn't want to lose that comfort of knowing she will see my father again.

I have a question that I'm not sure of and was hoping someone could answer through the use of scripture. Will we know those that we know in this world in the after life? I see that Moshe and EliYah were still regonized as the persons they were here on earth when they appeared at the Mount Transfiguration, but we are also told in Isaiah 65:17 that in the new heaven & earth that the former heaven & earth will not be remembered. Does this included those that we knew, our family and friends?

Isa.65:17 " For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
Offline Bridget  
#11 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 2:10:21 PM(UTC)
Bridget
Woman

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
What we will know...we will know.

Who is judged and how they are judged is 100% up to Yahweh, is it not?

So, I cannot worry of loved ones that have passed. Yes, I loved them dearly, but ...

It is Yahweh's call..not ours. What is it? The people of the cults tell us to know that we can 'talk' to our loved ones and/or...they are 'watching over us'...etc, etc, etc...

Well, that's not what we are told by Yah. They are sleeping. Let them sleep and worry about things that matter....like...understanding His Word? maybe?
And if he 'wakes' them and they are 'awaken' to the truth, so be it......
but, things of this matter seem so silly to me to try and discuss.
Maybe I'm just the dummy here on this 'board'.....I know, I know...

Talk to Yah about friends and family. Stand for them? What can it hurt?

I love people and am thankful for everyone I've ever met. People are hilarious and silly and brilliant. Let Yahweh work it out....uh, oh...well, that's kind of happening already, isn't it?

This whole concept is so far over my head that I'm leaving it up to Yah...and with that, I'm at peace with who I love so deeply, who I've lost....it's okay. It's Okay. Yahweh Knows and he's not going to screw it up. lol.. That's good enough for me.

Offline PattyB  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 3:13:03 PM(UTC)
PattyB
Woman

Quote:
Yahweh Knows and he's not going to screw it up. lol.. That's good enough for me.

Very eloquently put Bridget. That is exactly how we should look at it. I would be lying to say that I haven't struggled to get there though.

Offline Juski  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:34:25 AM(UTC)
Juski

Hey Bridget, I love your post, very good and you are certainly no dummy - very wise words indeed :)
Offline bigritchie  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 5:25:15 PM(UTC)
bigritchie

I look at it like this.

We, meaning our generation, especially those in the 1st world countries with the internet and large bookstores have more information available to us then maybe any generation since when the Apostles lived.

My great grandparents loved the Creator, but they never had access to anything like we have today. They lived their lives the best they knew how. They never knew any name but "Jesus" or "God". In fact let us take that a step farther. What about the people who lived in the dark ages who never got to read a "Bible" and could only hear the word in Latin from the "Priest"? What about the Jews who rejected the church version of "Jesus" and were burned alive by the church? Or what about the Pygmy in the Jungle who never heard of the Bible or anything in it his entire life?

I tend to think all those things will be brought into consideration when Messiah carries out judgment. In fact I would say that Americans will face a much harder judgment then the people who lived during the dark ages, of course this is just my humble opinion.

I would also point to the prophecy for the last days when the Gentiles would cry out for the pagan things they inherited and how The Creator would make his name known to us.

So I do not worry about past relatives. I have no control over them. All I can do is control myself and what I know, and what I am aware of.

Christians would most likely say the little pygmy that never heard the name of "Jesus" or never heard of the Bible, and did not come forward on the 57th stanza of "Just as I am" and ask "Jesus to be their personal Lord and Savior" (Wherever that comes from...) that the pygmy would go to hell and be tortured for billions upon billions of years every second of every day.

I tend to think the Pygmy will be judged according to his works, like we all will. Who knows? maybe that Pygmy will get a free pass into the Kingdom for the simple fact that he never heard the truth? A excellent read on this is the "Testament of Abraham". A book not included in the "cannon".

Offline Prodigal  
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 1:34:11 AM(UTC)
Prodigal

bigritchie-
I'm not so sure there will be much distinction given towards those who had access to the information, but were too lazy or stubborn to examine it and those who, through human deception, were kept in the dark. That's why death of the soul is extremely just. They were just animals at that point. They didn't (or couldn't) accept the free gift of Yahweh's spirit to restore their soul and live eternally.

There's been lots of talk on here about how wrong can you be and still have a relationship. We simply don't know because Yahweh doesn't tell us. Can those who have been calling him by the wrong names (or celebrating pagan festivals) still form a relationship with him? I sure felt like I had some kind of relationship with Him all my life. That doesn't mean I did, mind you, but, for what it's worth, I "felt" close to Him. Since reading FH and YY (or starting to, still not done yet), I have definitely gotten much closer to Him. If I had died prior to that, would I have known Yahweh enough to be worth a look? I don't know; maybe. Like others have said, it's in Yahweh's hands, and I can't think of better hands that that decision could be in.

I'll through out another thought to ponder. What behavior is worthy of eternal torment? It's not as easy as Christians tend to put it: just not believing, or not "accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior." No, that would be sadistic. Killing someone is certainly bad, but worth eternal torment? Maybe. What about leading people who would otherwise come to know Yahweh away from Him, taking away or obscuring the path to Him so badly that it becomes nearly unrecognizable? That's not just killing their body; that's killing their soul. Away from Yahweh, the source of life, one cannot live. With so many victims (billions led astray, just by Islam and Catholicism), what, aside from eternal punishment, is just?

That said, I'm more optimistic than Yada when it comes to actual numbers. He seems fixated on total saved being on the order of thousands. I haven't looked into the wording of the commandment that he's getting that from real closely, but it certainly doesn't mesh with Revelation's numbers. There's 144,000 just in the Tribulation martyrs and Yahuchannon (sp?) reports a multitude beyond numbers before the throne (just after being able to count 144,000). I think trust and reliance plays a much bigger role than calling Him by name. Don't get me wrong, finding out His name was that important was one of the biggest blessings in my life. But, think of the Smyrna ekklesia. The current versions in the middle east, China, etc probably don't know His name, but I'm sure they trust and rely on Him a heck of a lot more than most of us in the western world that don't have the threat of death hanging over us at every moment.
Offline James  
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 3:30:08 AM(UTC)
James
Man

As I see it those who are kept in the dark by man, and those that have the info but are lazy will have the same destination. It is the reason that those who lead people away are deserving of the greater punishment of hell, they have committed the greatest crime, they have killed a soul, stolen it away from Yahuweh and stole the freewill of the person. Those who end up in hell deserve it because their actions resulted in the death of souls, if the souls were not killed then they would not be guilty of that crime and would not be deserving of that penalty.

bigritchie wrote:
I tend to think the Pygmy will be judged according to his works, like we all will.

I have to strongly disagree, I for one have no intention or desire to be judged based on my works, in fact i have no desire to be judged at all, as all who are judged are found guilty, our only hope and desire is not to be judged, by being pardoned and adopted into Yahuweh's family.

Offline bigritchie  
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 6:17:15 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

James wrote:
As I see it those who are kept in the dark by man, and those that have the info but are lazy will have the same destination. It is the reason that those who lead people away are deserving of the greater punishment of hell, they have committed the greatest crime, they have killed a soul, stolen it away from Yahuweh and stole the freewill of the person. Those who end up in hell deserve it because their actions resulted in the death of souls, if the souls were not killed then they would not be guilty of that crime and would not be deserving of that penalty.

I have to strongly disagree, I for one have no intention or desire to be judged based on my works, in fact i have no desire to be judged at all, as all who are judged are found guilty, our only hope and desire is not to be judged, by being pardoned and adopted into Yahuweh's family.

I am speaking more of the people who were kept in the Dark by those evil men and the religious systems. During the dark ages they did not have the internet, nor did the have the Scriptures like we do today. Or those people who never heard of the Torah in their entire lives that live in the deep jungle.

I just think Yah will take those things into account. I do not think Yah would say to that Pygmy "You never kept Sukkot, DIE"! Know what I mean? (and once again this is my very humble opinion) Or would he eternally destroy the Catholic in the middle ages that did not have access to the truth as we do today? Do not get me wrong, I am not saying I know the answer here or that I would presume to think how he would judge, these are just questions I ponder especially now having left Babylon. And do not get me wrong, I love the Feast of Sukkot and look forward to keeping it every year. It is just my brain having theological ramblings I recon.

As far as the works question I would add. (And by works I am speaking of walking in the Paths of YHWH)

Yeremiyahu 17:10 “I, יהוה, search the heart, I try the kidneys, and give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.

Proverbs 24:12 “If you say, “See, we did not know this,” Would not He who weighs the hearts discern it? He who watches over your life, Would He not know it? And shall He not repay man according to his work?

Mat 16:27 “For the Son of Adam is going to come in the esteem of His Father with His messengers, and then He shall reward each according to his works.

Romans 2:6-8 “who “shall render to each one according to his works”: everlasting life to those who by persistence in good work seek for esteem, and respect, and incorruptibility; but wrath and displeasure to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness.”

Revelation 22:12 “And see, I am coming speedily, and My reward is with Me, to give to each according to his work.”
Offline James  
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 6:52:18 AM(UTC)
James
Man

I think, and this is just my understanding, but most everyone during the Dark Ages was sadly spiritually murdered by the Catholic Church. They died not knowing Yahuweh, because He was kept from them. Men can keep men from God, men can spiritually murder other men, it is the greatest crime in the universe, which is why it so deserving of the punishment that is given to those that engage in it.

As for the question of is there a burden of knowledge, whereby those who know are held to a higher standard, I can't really say. In my opinion it seems reasonable to think there would be, but where are the lines I don't know. I think if someone knows and understands the character of Yahuweh, but doesn't know His name, he will not be told that that he doesn't know God, but once they know Yahuweh's name and know the value He places on it, and they refuse to use it, does Yahuweh hold him to a higher standard, I don't know (It seems odd to me that if someone knows and loves Yah's character that they would reject his name or refuse to use is, but this is a hypothetical.). But how much of your understanding of His character can be wrong before you don't know Him. To use an example, to me if someone honestly believes that God will send everyone who doesn't believe in Him to Hell, that changes the character of God in a very large way, the character of that God is sadistic rather the person who believes that wants to admit it or not. Now does that person know Yahuweh's character or not, is that one character change enough? I don't know, but since that is the belief of most every religious person, it is an important unanswerable question.

And I'm sorry I misunderstood your statement about works. In the sense that judge can be used then we will be judged, not by how well we walked the path, but by rather that path lead to Yahuweh, or perhaps better stated we aren't judged by how we walk the path, but by what path we walk. You can walk the Jewish path perfectly and it won't lead you to Yahuweh. I think Ken's bridge analogy is a great one for this.

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#19 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 6:57:53 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

I have to say I kinda agree with both of you - but the main thought is, it's not our place really... if it's already dead we can't do anything anyway and Yah will sort it out, He is perfect in everything. Trying to figure out something with this many variables with man's fallen brain isn't a worthy use of our time really. We have to deal with what we do know though - which is to walk in Yah's way, get to know Him and declare the Truth. That is all we know really - Yah handles the rest, and to be honest I am pretty glad about that!
Offline James  
#20 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:05:27 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Robskiwarrior wrote:
I have to say I kinda agree with both of you - but the main thought is, it's not our place really... if it's already dead we can't do anything anyway and Yah will sort it out, He is perfect in everything. Trying to figure out something with this many variables with man's fallen brain isn't a worthy use of our time really. We have to deal with what we do know though - which is to walk in Yah's way, get to know Him and declare the Truth. That is all we know really - Yah handles the rest, and to be honest I am pretty glad about that!

Well said.

Offline Royce  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 4:26:34 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Very interesting thread, I lost my mother when I was 10 and as a boy I was angry and didnt know how to deal with it but time (and a bunch of marijuana-ask if you want to know) seems to fix these things. I am sure she will be fine. I will do some researching on this and get back to you guys on what I think happens.
But to be honest, I dont think that dead loved ones are the biggest problem facing folks when it comes to doubting their religion or teachings. In my experience with christians, it is giving up all the holidays and explaining to their friends what they have found and basically changing the things they enjoyed growing up. They always envision big christmas dinners with family and friends/relatives. I think holidays and peer pressure are their biggest road blocks in my experience anyway.

Edited by user Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:40:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline knowing1  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:41:57 PM(UTC)
knowing1

Hello all!

It is now the Miqrah of Sukot. I finally, for the first time in my 45 years, built a sukah..from scratch no less! Rained here so could not "dwell" in our tent. Everyone wants to come see it and "dwell" (eat dinner) in it as well.

Anyway, all I have to say is be careful what you wish for when seeking the truth. I have found the truth in the word of Yahweh. Thank you Yahweh! The problem: I realized just how lost and in the dark most everyone is. Try having an intelligent open minded discussion with family and friends and the arrogance and ignorance just pours from them. It is very difficult trying to open the eyes and hearts and minds of those around us. It especially pains me when talking with close family about this. I am what 99.9999% of the world would consider a "Jew". I went to Yeshiva (Jewish school) for grades 1-5. My parents kept the "religion" for the most part. We were more religious than most secular jews but much less than orthodox. I guess you can say we were conservative. After "wandering" spiritually for a large portion of my life, Yahweh has guided me back to Him, first through Yadas Prophet of Doom and then through Yada Yahweh, which put the seed in my mind to find out for myself what the Truth really is. I have realized that the people most ignorant of the truth and arrogant about it are those secular "Jews" who really believe that they can pick and choose the instructions to follow. Most follow senseless traditional rituals that, when asked about, can not explain why they do such things! When I attempt to set them in the right direction they provide me with the all too familiar "Thats what you believe" or "Everyone has a right to believe in what they want" responses! Unbelievable!! Are they that conceited to think that they know more than the One who created the Universe and everything in it, including them?! Yahweh's Word is just as He is: Timeless. He provided His Plan for us and is following through with it whether people agree or not. They do not trust Yah's Word, nor His ultimate plan for our salvation. Each and every day I do what I must to initiate people to start educating themselves with what really counts, but feel it is futile. Family attitudes hurt the most. Yahweh is not incidental to our lives, HE IS EVERLASTING LIFE! Despite my imperfections, I trust that I am on the right path. Most people would say I am a hypocrite because I speak Yah's truth, but am dealing with some demons of my own. But this is the essence of what Yah provides for us. If we strive and persevere to be part of His eternal family, and spread the truth and bring people closer to Him, despite our flawed physical existence, He will find us acceptable. If we CHOOSE not to trust in Him and his Word, then we will be cut off and separated from Him. It's that simple. He has said it in scripture. And, yes, those souls that have passed on not trusting in Him will have no where to go. This includes most of my family and friends! When the time comes for judgement of those souls during the Day of Reconciliations, there spiritual energy will simply be dissipated into nothingness.

I will continue to spread the Truth to those around me, despite the difficulty. Hey, everyone really thinks I am off the wall because they say I sound like some "religious nut" when I try to have an open discussion. I usually do not initiate the conversations, but when the topic does come, or the opportunity arises, most recently during an Taruwah (do I dare say Rosh Hoshanah!), I have an obligation to not be bashful and speak the Truth. Remember, it's not my truth, but Yah's Word. Just can not argue with perfection.

Just continue educating yourselves. If something does not make sense, research it. If you need an answer, find it. Do not give up on yourselves or those around us. This is my purpose as a first born decendent of the orginal Israelites. Anyway, satan has enough souls to keep him busy. Let's make it a point to prevent him from accumulating more.

May Yahweh find favor with all who Trust in Him.
Offline James  
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:09:06 AM(UTC)
James
Man

knowing1 wrote:
Try having an intelligent open minded discussion with family and friends and the arrogance and ignorance just pours from them. It is very difficult trying to open the eyes and hearts and minds of those around us.

To me what's worse is when you have a conversation with them, and they will sit there and agree with every point you make, and then just ignore them all in coming up with their conclusion. It's like walking some one through, they agree 1+1=2 and 2+1=3 and 3+1=4, but then turn around and say 1+1+1+1=10 not 4. When someone just give ignorant responses and shows no interest I just walk away and dust off my hands, but when they are intelligent and follow all the logic, but come to some illogical conclusion, it drives me nuts.

Welcome to the forum knowing, great post.

Offline Royce  
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:41:54 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Good stuff knowing1
Offline Richard  
#25 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 12:35:49 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Thank you, Knowing1, for sharing your hearts with us.
Offline knowing1  
#26 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 6:22:23 PM(UTC)
knowing1

I sincerely believe that people, in general, fear the truth. They fear that once the truth is known that they will be forced to make a free-will decision (Yah's gift to us) and that decision will most likely get them out of their all too familiar comfort zone. Hey, it happened to me...I am way out of my comfort zone with everything. But, once I came to understand Yah's word (Got a long way to go, but came a long way too) I somehow felt more secure in my life with everything and everyone, despite all of it!! Getting back to the lost souls, they have all drunk the kool-aid and believe that by not doing anything they will be ok. So, so sad. Watching the expose on the Pope on CNN regarding the Priest-Molestation disaster. What a joke religion is!!!

May Yahweh bless us who know and seek His Truth.

Offline bonbon  
#27 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 10:56:57 PM(UTC)
bonbon

knowing1 wrote:
I sincerely believe that people, in general, fear the truth. What a joke religion is!!

They're terrified at the thought. So indoctrinated are their hearts and their emotions they do not even realize when discussing His personal and proper name, they confuse the issue and conclude I am asking them to change Gods. They run in fear sometimes. They burden me with containing the spirit of the Anti-Christ for not believing in Paul, never seeing their own reaction to be anything but scriptural (it is not Paul that saves, but Yahushuah). Upon discovering that I practice the Feasts, I am endeared to hear the same tired rhetoric: "Carnal minded." They've no idea, no concept and have no faith in anything but what they hear from others. Shaytan fine tunes himself with sufficient power to lock in their emotions to an 'experience' in hopes they'll hinge everything on that false doctrine (The Lie in scripture).

I am blessed to stumble upon this fruitful endeavor of Yada's. I neither believe he contains all the answers through his studies, nor suggest anyone else believe such. The most sane, sober-minded and reasonable assertions stem from his theses, however. So well does he, in fact, many rotten sects and ill-gained attention draws to alleged prophets and prophetesses having read his work. I wonder if they ever consider the Old Covenant laws regarding those who claim prophet-hood? Even I, a layperson, in the realm of Yahushuah's essence can determine what Yada has done is what we all should do - our own homework. Even the uneducated can gather the truths. For I have often ascertained that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob should and must be consistent with his affairs, decrees and personality if He, truly, were an omnipotent and omniscient God. He was. He is and He always will be. In fact, Scripture confirms this, doesn't it? But the pulpits in many churches clearly state otherwise (thanks to Constantine and Marcion). Yada's theses did not draw this conclusion for me, it merely confirmed what I already knew; sort of drew it out.

If Yahweh is omniscient then why would he change his name? More importantly, why would He need to replace himself with "Jesus"? Why would the decrees he put forth for the early Israelites become corrupt? Man becoming corrupt I could fathom, but an omniscient God making mistakes of such magnitude that those very decrees are now accursed? Is the creator not completely perfect? This I asked when I was a Muslim, too. It made sense then, and it still makes sense when applied to Christianity. Yet, those Christians out there are very strange, indeed. I desired sobriety in Yahweh, peace of mind through Yahushuah and a stability in my "religion". With my new found belief in Yahushuah; whom I then called Jesus, I set about searching for the one true church. I scrubbed their behaviors, attitudes and words with those in Scripture and found all of them wanting of a linear consistency. Meanwhile, I sought to further discredit my old religion: Islam. By reading Prophet of Doom, what once perplexed me about my own understand of Islam became crystal clear. I never was taught the true prophet of Islam and held an emotional bias toward him - a trait very common for "religious" persons. Indeed, I had read bits and pieces but not viewed the entire puzzle. Yet, by shining the light on one religion the light begins to shine on all religions. The Ruach lead me from beginning until now- all within reason- not some fanatical hooplah that justifies the most erratic behavior or assertions of me obtaining a 'demi god' status. No. That's the Holy Spirit- that thing conjured by Shayton (Satan) himself. I know without a shadow of a doubt those who call upon Jesus Christ are not guaranteed what god answers them. They should be terrified and run out of any religious system as if they are running from hell. I never believe in miracles anyway. I do now! Those in the 'church' don't know the true awesome power of the Mighty One.

Today, I realize this message is not for those who need it, but for those who want it. Most often, believers of the True Path were already looking for it. It was only a nudge that catapulted me over the edge to read his theses and allow it to confirm what I already knew. Conversion to Christianity from Islam is immediately followed with a period of confusion as one must shed loads of indoctrination. "I just wanna be one of your kids." I begged God with deep honesty, so prayerfully one night. Those were the exact words I used. Tired and exhausted of what I now know as "religious system" I was begged God for the truth. Somehow I knew that if I was accepted and one of his children I would be OK and He would bless me. I knew absolutely nada of the Old Testament. In fact, the only thing I knew was the book I had just read- Luke.

"Do my actions please you, my Elohim - my precious Yahweh?" This is my prayer today! He answered my call to 'be one of his kids' and He will answer those who truly seek Him. Today I am, LITERALLY, his child - a Yahoodi. I cried the first time I realized what this word meant; instant repentant humiliation while simultaneously bearing the answer to my deepest longing. Years ago I was taught to hate "Yahoodi". Yahoodi is also the term for Jew in Arabic. It bore a harsh and derogatory meaning. Ironically, it is the answer to my deepest desire - to be one of God's kids.

So, I cannot imagine the difficulty a well ingrained Christian must feel when faced with opposition of their authoritative scripture. I can only understand hating the very thing I wanted to become. My argument with main-stream Christians is simply, "If I never questioned the authority of Scripture, I would still be Muslim, wouldn't I?" or "Islam is wrong. People have erroneously been believing in Islam for 1400 years, haven't they? What makes us so proud we cannot question the authenticity of our own scriptures?" Indeed, we are even warned but religion won't allow us to explore this issue lest we 'fall away'.

Blessings
~bon
Offline bigritchie  
#28 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 6:45:47 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

Bon that is awesome my friend!

It is so amazing how all over planet Earth, people from all walks of life, from all religions, are being called out by the Creator.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#29 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 2:13:48 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

I was pleasantly surprised when on her last visit, Mom asked if she could go with me to Sabbath School.
We were watching a chapter from Richard Rives' DVDs, "Time is the Ally of Deceit".
It dealt with worship of Tammuz on December 25th...

On the way home, we had a long talk about what's wrong with "Christmas".
After she left, we continued the discussion by email.
Part of the latest reply...

Quote:
I have not been ignoring this email from you. I have read it several times, thinking about what you write. I have decided to not go into the weeds with you. I am not a theological student. All I know is I believe what I have been taught from the Bible. I have been too close to the threat of death and the leaving of this world to have my faith weakened. I need to face death with the confidence that Jesus is the answer... I am saving the email and, perhaps, when my pastor is recovered from his surgery, I will have the opportunity to discuss it with him. At that time, I might have some theological insight to share with you. In the meantime, I pray for you and your studies.

It's frustrating that she can't see that "what she's been taught" ISN'T from scripture.

A little background -- Dad died of lung cancer 23 years ago, six weeks after doctors first saw the shadow on his x-rays. Mom had surgery for colon cancer earlier this year, and some recent test results were not entirely positive. Don't know yet what we're dealing with, but she's scared. Please pray not for physical healing, but for Yah to open her mind as he did for those gathered after his resurrection, give her understanding, and make her fully His own. His will be done.

In His Love. Shalom.
Offline James  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 2:41:45 AM(UTC)
James
Man

It's sad people would rather be confidant in a lie, than seek the truth just because it is more comfortable. I will pray for your mother, for both her body and her mind.

Originally Posted by: RidesWithYah' Go to Quoted Post
I am saving the email and, perhaps, when my pastor is recovered from his surgery, I will have the opportunity to discuss it with him. At that time, I might have some theological insight to share with you.

This is one of the most frustrating statements, I can't tell you how many times my mom has given me a similar answer. Rather than think for themselves they want a pastor to spoon feed it to them.

But at least she is willing to engage somewhat, so stick with her.

Offline Daniel  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 2:57:33 PM(UTC)
Daniel

Quote:
I am saving the email and, perhaps, when my pastor is recovered from his surgery, I will have the opportunity to discuss it with him. At that time, I might have some theological insight to share with you.

Why listen to anything he (the pastor) says about Messiyah? He can't even get His name right!

For those of you keeping score at home, most 'pastors' are preaching wrong information about:

1) The Messiyah's birth date.
2) His name
3) Who killed Him
4) The day He was actually killed
5) The instrument of His execution
6) The actual day He came back from the dead
7) The names of His disciples
8) How He would have us conduct ourselves

They cannot even get the most basic historical facts right!

Yet these guys have the arrogance to tell us how we can have a wonderful personal relationship with Him!
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline bigritchie  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 6:37:27 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

Daniel wrote:
Why listen to anything he (the pastor) says about Messiyah? He can't even get His name right!

For those of you keeping score at home, most 'pastors' are preaching wrong information about:

2) His name
3) Who killed Him

Yet these guys have the arrogance to tell us how we can have a wonderful personal relationship with Him!

Daniel wrote:

2) His name
3) Who killed Him

But Daniel! have you not read

2 Religious BS opinions Chapter 3 verse 15-23! This passage explains it all!

15 "Master what must I do to have eternal life"?

16. And Y'shua said unto him " With every head bowed and every eye closed, and as the organ begins to play "Just as I am", I want you all to stand up!"

17. And Y'shua continued "Listen to this organ play around 31 stanzas, and on the 32nd stanza (with every head bowed and every eye closed) I want you to come forward and accept me as your PERSONAL Lord and Savior! but remember NEVER DO anything I say, and NEVER obey my Father, that is legalism and Judaizing! Always remember to ignore everything I say, and instead just sit around and "believe"

18. And the man said unto "but master where did you hear this, the Torah says it is forever and everlasting"? "In fact Master, you just told us earlier to do and teach the least of the Torah if we wanted eternal life"

19. And Y'shua said unto him after passing him the offering plate "O yea of little faith, I purchased a time machine over at the local Wal-mart, went forward in time, and learned these things from American Christianity!"

20. And the man said unto Y'shua "What is christianity, do you mean those weird people that worship Seraphim and use a cross as their symbol"?

21. And Y'shua answered him "Thou shalt not think"

22. "But master!"

23 And Y'shua stopped him in mid sentence and said "Inquisitors (who had traveled back with him in the wal-mart time machine) take this man away and have him tortured for thinking, and before he passes out, let him know that I will not longer go by my Hebrew name Y'shua, I will now go by Jesus"

Offline Daniel  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 3:42:53 PM(UTC)
Daniel

BR is obviously making this up, because the "greeters" at WalMart are more than just greeters, they are highly trained "screeners".
They would never let a Jew into WalMart.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net