logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline newnature  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2010 9:31:19 AM(UTC)
newnature
Man

One of the biggest pains in researching Yahweh's word, is this "Logos" teaching? I took out this logos teaching, I changed the word "Word" to "Wisdom" in John 1:1; I got rid of John 1:6-18?

And Yeshua was about thirty years old; and Yeshua, having the fullness of power, yea, the powerful power of Yahweh upon him, returned from the Jordan; Than was Yeshua led by Yahweh into the wilderness forty days, to be tempted by Satan; and during those days, he ate nothing; and he was with the wild beasts; and when he had completed them, he was at last hungry; and Satan said to him, “If you are the son of Yahweh, command this stone to become bread.” Yeshua replied, saying to him, “It is written, that man does not live on bread alone, but that man may live on anything that Yahweh decrees.” And Satan conducted him to a high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the land, in a little time; and Satan said to him, “To you will I give all this dominion, and the glory of it, which is committed to me, and to whom I please, I give it; if therefore, you will worship before me, the whole shall be yours.” But Yeshua replied, saying to him, “It is written, revere only Yahweh, and worship him alone, to him shall you hold fast, and swear only by his name.” And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the Temple, and said to him, “If you are the son of Yahweh, cast yourself down from here, for it is written, he will give his angels charge over you, to keep you; and in their arms will they sustain you, lest you strike your foot against a stone.” And Yeshua replied, saying to him, “It is said, do not try Yahweh” And Satan had finished all his temptations, he departed from him for a time; and Satan came, and said to Yeshua, “If you are the son of Yahweh, command these stones to become bread.” But Yeshua replied, and said, “It is written, that man does not live on bread along, but that man may live on anything that Yahweh decrees.” Then Satan took him to the Holy City, and set him on a pinnacle of the Temple, and said to him, “If you are the son of Yahweh, cast yourself down; for it is written, that he will give his angles charge of you, and in their hands will they sustain you, lest you strike your foot against a stone.” Yeshua said to him, “It is moreover written, do not try Yahweh.” Then Satan took him to a mountain that was very high, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world, and their glory; and said to him, “All these will I give you, if you will fall down and worship me.” Then Yeshua said to him, “Begone, Satan; for it is written, revere only Yahweh, and worship him alone, to him shall you hold fast, and swear only by his name. Then Satan left Yeshua; and lo, angels come, and ministered to him. Wisdom was in the beginning, and that very wisdom was with Yahweh, and Yahweh was that wisdom. Wisdom was in the beginning with Yahweh. Everything came to be by Yahweh’s hand; and without Yahweh not even one thing that was created came to be. The life is in Yahweh, that life is the light of men; and this light shines in the darkness; and the darkness apprehended it not. And this is the testimony of John, when the Israelites sent to him priests and levites, to ask him, “Who are you?” And he confessed, and denied not, but confessed, “I am not the Messiah.” And they ask him again, “Who then? Are you Elijah?” And he said, “I am not.” “Are you a prophet?” And he said, “No.” And they said to him, “Who are you? That we may an answer to them that sent us. What say you of yourself?” And they who were sent, were of the Pharisees; and they asked him, and said to him, “Why then baptize you, if you are not the Messiah, nor Elijah, nor a prophet?” John answered, saying to them, “I baptize with water; but among you stands one whom you do not know. He it is that comes after me, and is before me, the one, even the strings of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.” These things occurred in Bethany, where John was baptizing. The day after, John saw Yeshua coming towards him, and said, “Behold, the lamb of Yahweh, that bears the sin of Israel. This is he of whom I said, after me comes a man, who is before me, and I knew him not; but that he might be known to Israel, therefore, am I come baptizing with water; and I saw power, yea, the powerful power of Yahweh descend from the sky, as a dove, and it rested upon him; and I did not know him; but Yahweh, who sent me to baptize with water said to me, the one upon whom you see power from on high descending and resting, he is the one who will baptize with power, yea, the powerful power of Yahweh; and I saw; and I testify, that this is the son of Yahweh.” And the next day, John was standing with two of his disciples; and he looked upon Yeshua as he walked, and said, “Behold, the lamb of Yahweh!” And when he said it, two of his disciples heard it; and they went after Yeshua;

Offline Royce  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2010 12:25:24 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Do you mean the computer program Logos? or the word Logos?
Offline newnature  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2010 12:30:38 PM(UTC)
newnature
Man

The greek word of logos.
Offline Royce  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2010 2:32:04 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Dont the old papyrus writings have the logos word in them? I am not as well studied in the languages as some of you so I dont know without looking it up, can logos translate into wisdom as well?
Offline newnature  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2010 2:35:34 PM(UTC)
newnature
Man

That Plato greek teaching stuff, goes way back?
Offline Royce  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2010 2:47:50 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

newnature wrote:
That Plato greek teaching stuff, goes way back?

is this a question?
Offline newnature  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2010 2:54:23 PM(UTC)
newnature
Man

I just a learner, could be; any insight on this is cool. I know what the world teaches with logos, but it has nothing to do with the storyline of the gospels, because this part of the story is under the Mosaic covenant.
Offline James  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2010 3:11:11 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I would be careful about removing verses without reason. By reason I mean evidence that it was not in the original, not just that it doesn't seem to make sense to you. It's one thing to say that stories like the adulterous women brought to Yahushua and him saying let he who is without sin cast the first stone, shouldn't be there, since it isn't in any manuscript for hundreds of years. But to just dismiss a verse without evidence that it shouldn't be there.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline newnature11  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2010 4:04:48 AM(UTC)
newnature11

James wrote:
I would be careful about removing verses without reason. By reason I mean evidence that it was not in the original, not just that it doesn't seem to make sense to you. It's one thing to say that stories like the adulterous women brought to Yahushua and him saying let he who is without sin cast the first stone, shouldn't be there, since it isn't in any manuscript for hundreds of years. But to just dismiss a verse without evidence that it shouldn't be there.

Those are some good points, my only evidence is the world went for a ride, when Alexander the great forced Greek culture upon it. The greeks even changed meanings of words=Grammar of the Greek New Testament in the Light of Historical Research by A.T. Robertson. The greeks introduced what they thought, what they reasoned out, people who they consider wise; we can always reason it back in, but why. The Israelites through Isaac, the Messiah was born through that bloodline; mind-bindding what Alexander the great started, when he forced that greek culture upon the world.
Offline Richard  
#10 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2010 8:32:36 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I don't wish to hurt your feelings, but what exactly are you asking, wanting to discuss, and/or wishing us to see?
Offline newnature11  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2010 11:39:58 PM(UTC)
newnature11

How the gospels harmonize, four scrolls involved in telling a storyline of Yahweh's Anointed of Israel, I think their hadn't been an Anoint of Yahweh for four hundred or so years, just trying to learn.