logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RobertMV  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 9:46:02 AM(UTC)
RobertMV

I am new here and trying to look around to see what is what. I know one member here and that is about it. I want to find out if this is the place that tells that Paul was not an Apostle of Jesus the Christ. Also is this the site that says saying Jesus can bring a person close to be cursed by Yahweh ?
Here is a link to my website

I have known Yahweh son since 1969 and have traveled a long road since. Yahshua has taught me many things over the years and at the time I knew only one name to use. If that name is wrong and not to be used how was it possible to blessed for all those years and even to this very day?
I have no problem with learning more about the real name of The Ever Living Creator and His Father. But since Abba does not look upon sin how is it possible to come to ever lasting salvation in the wrong name ? I would like to know who this Yada person is and does he have any credentials or any basic proof to what he says ?
That is about it for now, you now can accept me or toss me out. I thank you for listening to me.
RobertMV
Offline Richard  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 10:35:45 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Welcome to the forums, Big Robert!

Edited by user Saturday, October 23, 2010 3:23:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline James  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 4:32:02 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Somehow this feel through the forum cracks, so I thought I would point it out to people.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Richard  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 11:59:28 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

RobertMV wrote:
is this the site that says saying Jesus can bring a person close to be cursed by Yahweh ?

Robert, you can say "Jesus" all you like. Just don't tell people that the Name of the Son Of Yahuwah is "Jesus", because that is a lie. It is the Scripture that declares that liars will be cursed by (i.e., forever separated from) Yahuwah, not this web site. If you have a problem with that, we can't help you with it. You will need to take it up with the One Whose Name you think doesn't matter.
Offline Matthew  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 4:34:32 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My children (aged around 4-5) attempt to say "Matthew" but always comes out wrong as they have a strong Portuguese influence, sometimes even saying "Matheus" which has the link to "Zeus" in the end rather than the Hebrew version of "MattithYahu," which I haven't taught them yet. Do I curse them, banish them, consider them not my child if they call me Matheus even though they are related to me? Just the other day while eating out my children said to the children of the nearby table my name was Matheus. I didn't cause a fuss to try and correct them, but I was instead very proud of my kids because they took pride in me, even though they were a little mistaken in pronunciation and linking my name to Zeus. Eventually I'll teach them the correct pronunciation of my name, even the meaning of it, but even if they never get it right or understand its meaning I still wouldn't curse them. They are my children and I love them.

Welcome to the forum.
Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 11:15:33 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Been a while since I posted as I have been rather busy with other matters. Welcome to all who are new here! I hope you enjoy your stay. We are going up for a fantastic ride so kindly buckle up and prepare for turbulence as we go along as this can get rough sometimes, but always look out the window and be amazed by what you see.

Reading the above, I am reminded of what some Christians tell me: that they have been blessed by God calling upon the name of Jesus. They have been physically healed, given abundance of riches and wonderful relationships. I have no qualms with that. Our Elohim is generous. He allows rain to fall on everyone, and allows those who are thirsty to drink at His well. If you do not know the owner of the well, you may address Him respectfully by any name that you have been taught. What you should not do is to call Him by a name that you know very well is not His, such as Allah, Krishna, Buddha, Maitreya or other, as He does not give His esteem to another, nor His praise to idols. (Yashayahu 42:8)

Even more important is this. When He identifies Himself as the owner of the well and shares His name with the individual, it would be most disrespectful to call Him something else knowingly. For us who have been fortunate to have been blessed to know His proper name, we have been given the privilege of calling Him personally. As such, once you know His rightful and proper name, it would behoove you to use it respectfully and properly, taking care not to bring His name to naught (Shemoth 20:7), in other words, not exchanging it for something else of no value. Therefore, it is impertinent to refer to Him as Jesus when His name is YHWH and when He walks this earth as Yahushua. We should always try to bring others to know Him as we know Him.

Now, like Matt said above, we may be unable to pronounce it properly (like his kids) all the time, using Yahuweh instead of Yahuwah because of past practice, and perhaps because we want to relate to others in our discourse. But eventually we must elevate His proper name to that above all other names so we will refer to Him accordingly. There is no excuse not to do that! Also, we must always remember to associate the saving power of MessiYah Yahushua with YHWH, and declare that He shall be the ruler in the coming Kingdom (that we pray to come to this earth as it is in heaven).

I believe that this is simple enough. Our ability to reason this far should enable us to reason together with others and bring them to Truth. We should always initiate the process of thinking, and not force people into accepting things blindly. This takes time and patience, but nothing that comes close to matching that which is needed for Abba YHWH to deal with us.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline RobertMV  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 9:25:16 AM(UTC)
RobertMV

Thank you for your replies. I got some of my questions answered ,
Flintface: we know each other and why did it seem needful to you to say
what you did to me. In our emails to each other we have gone further than most of the answers here. So our man Flint, were you just talking to me or were you preaching to the choir . Either way is okay with me. TTYL.

James: your great, Look up what and where, since you people are so
picky about what you use. And most of the time you folks well
never say what you do use to back up your beliefs. I am not sure if it was you or not, but some of you seem to be jumping to conclusions of what I had to say.

bitnet; Where can I find the book of Shemoth 20:7 . Thank you for your reply.

I never said I had a problem using the proper name of Yahweh and Yahshua. I did tell old Flintface once that when Abba decides for me to change how I address Him He would speak to my heart and spirit. He has done it in the past and He will always do such. Just a fast note, I have had diabetes since 1975 and the diabetes has ran havoc in my body to a point that it now has entered into the mental and spiritual part. My family doctor was wondering why I am still alive, most die long before .
I told her that Abba, and personally I prefer that name for now, was not finished with me.
In my forty some odd years I have walked a very long spiritual road. I was once in a cult, from it's begging to six years.. From doing dishes for all the members to becoming a leader myself. After I left I took over a ministry to help those in cults.
I just wrote all this for one reason and going on from here could be hazardous . I see no one cared to answer me on my question about who Yada is. How come ?
I will most likely hang around till I am tossed out or till I learn what I need to. Flintface I know you would never start throwing stones at me, for you know more about me than anyone here, just use wisdom.
Offline Richard  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 10:13:09 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

RobertMV wrote:
I see no one cared to answer me on my question about who Yada is.

Robert, click here for your answer. This is one of many, many links available from a simple Google search on "Yada". But again, I will ask you: why the interest in the author rather than in proving to yourself one way or the other his claims? The Bereans were deemed noble not because they did a background check on Paul, but because they verified what he preached. That was the point of my earlier response, with which you seem to have taken exception. If Yada (and others) have rightly shown that the Creator's Name is Yahuwah and nothing else, and that the Son's Name is Yahushua and nothing else, then once we have verified the validity of their evidence we are without excuse to ever refer to Them by man's incorrect, improper, and false names. Only one's insane desire to cling to man's religion would seek to provide an excuse for continuing to favor the wrong over the right.

Later, my old friend.
Offline RobertMV  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 10:55:04 AM(UTC)
RobertMV

Thank you Christy. I see no harm in asking about who is leading this group. When I was in the cult, and I am ashamed to admit this now, I carried a gun to protect the leader from harm. it got that bad at times.. I shared no knowledge about him with just anyone. Pleasae do not take this personally, but I check out every group of any kind for such that would point to a cult. Cults not can but have killed. Many people I knew are now dead cause they could not overcome the brain washing. I will read up on the Mr. Winn, thank you.
Offline James  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 11:24:54 AM(UTC)
James
Man

RobertMV wrote:
James: your great, Look up what and where, since you people are so
picky about what you use. And most of the time you folks well
never say what you do use to back up your beliefs. I am not sure if it was you or not, but some of you seem to be jumping to conclusions of what I had to say.

look it up everywhere and any where, but always check your sources. Make sure that what you are studying is fact and not opinion. So where to look it up is a question of what you are looking up. If you want to understand the meaning of a word in Hebrew get several lexicons and dictionaries and study the word. If you want to know the history of something go and get history books that discuss the period you are interested, use several and not just one, and look at the evidence not the authors opinions. A good example is the facts presented in Phillip Comforts material is often very insightful, yet his conclusions are more than often very opinionated and biased, so I would say for facts his books are useful, but his opinions are worthless. Strong's is often a useful tool, but often incomplete, or biased, so don't just use it.

I think this is the first post i have made in reply to you, so I hope it does not come across as jumping to conclusions, I am only trying to answer your question.

As for, to paraphrase your question, can someone use the name Jesus and still be saved, I believe that is the gist of the question you asked, if I am wrong I apologies. I will say what i have always said, i do not think out side of the realm of possibility, and even probability that there are many who know Yahuweh, and still use the name Jesus. I just would add, if you know Him, and love Him, and you know His name isn't Jesus, and you know what His name is, why would you not want to use it.

RobertMV wrote:
I just wrote all this for one reason and going on from here could be hazardous . I see no one cared to answer me on my question about who Yada is. How come ?
I will most likely hang around till I am tossed out or till I learn what I need to. Flintface I know you would never start throwing stones at me, for you know more about me than anyone here, just use wisdom.

Who Yada is, is an irrelevant question. Is the information he presents accurate or not is the only important question. In Yada Yahweh he lays out the argument, and evidence for everything he presents, if you believe it is errant, then show where and why, who wrote it is irrelevant. I will say Yada is certainly not above admitting he is wrong, if you were to read the current revised YY, and the original version YY, you can see that his understandings have evolved and changed. In the early versions many of Paul's writings were used to support and reinforce many concepts, since then Yada has come to the understanding that Paul was false profit, and is removing all of his stuff from the pages of YY, and that is just one example of where he has changed.

So to get back to the point, it doesn't really matter who he is, only rather what he wrote is correct of not. But as others have pointed out if you are interested in the messenger rather than the message, you can find plenty about him in a simple google search, he's not exactly secretive.

Also just from what I have read, I really don't think you are in any danger of being kicked out. As long as you keep your post civilized, as they have been, you can disagree all you want.

Welcome and I hope that everyone including you will find your presence here beneficial.

Offline James  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 11:27:45 AM(UTC)
James
Man

since I edited my last post, this one disappeared. Forum glitch.

Offline bitnet  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 6:53:12 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

I tend to use the edition by the Institute for Scripture Research (ISR) to quote Scripture so I would refer to the books according to their "original" names contained therein -- Shemoth is Exodus. It is not the best translation out there but it does make comprehension a lot easier when you start with the basics, ie. the correct names. That said, Yada has done a lot more on explaining the meaning of names than most other volumes out there, but it is up to you as an individual to go check this up yourself. This is applicable not only to what Yada writes, or what Ken writes, but also to what anyone writes. Check everything out as if your life depends on it, because it really does. However, don't be afraid that you will not grasp everything that is written or explained. YHWH's love for us transcends the limits of our knowledge, and He looks at our hearts and willingness to love Him, each other and to be teachable. But He has not made His message so convoluted that you'd need to be a biblical scholar to know Him and His plan for us. Some of us may not know the full meaning of the Miqra but He can always impart that knowledge in the blink of an eye. What He wants to see is us choosing Him and choosing to follow Him and His teachings. That means He looks at our character and attitude more than our knowledge. So one may be as smart as Yada or as dumb as me and still have a chance at getting into YHWH's Kingdom. HalleluYah!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline James  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 2:37:13 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Well said bitnet.