logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Juski  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 5:36:43 AM(UTC)
Juski

Hi this is from my Husband.
Quote:

Well my Holiday was nice, kind of spoilt a little by hearing I was banned, but there we go.

For the record - I have had no emails, no chats with people about my conduct; I have just been banned until the estimated date of the fulfilment of Atonement. As much as I have been abrasive I have peace kept and as much as any of those I have apologised for words that have either been too harsh or been miss-understood, something that happens a lot with plain text as it lacks the facial expression and emotion conversation holds. If there is anyone out there who actually feels offended by me I would like an actual explanation of why - without involving Paul or my views on him, because that isn't the point - right?

So after all that I do not know what I need to apologise for other than maybe asking questions.

Yada's behaviour has left me extremely disappointed in him, not only has he seemingly lashed out at Swalchy's research on Paul and whether or not we can attribute Galatians to him - but he has also never replied to Swalchy's email with his document in it or tried to refute it in any way. Now we are left with being removed from the community, apologising for something I feel we have nothing to apologise for and no room to talk about the issues raised.

This is, in my eyes, extremely dangerous, and looks a lot like religion.

Our view on Paul is not 100% the same. We do not promote him and his doctrine - actually Paul is the last person I would quote, BUT we must look to the facts and only the facts, we cannot just make stuff up. Swalchy's document, for those who have not yet read it, does not defend Paul as a saint or founder of anything - but actually lays out the issues of Paul writing Galatians, and compares his writings and supposed writings with other authors that we accept as "sound".

After reading this document you will not find justification for the use of Paul, but will probably have a lot more questions lol.

This is all that the document does, and it swings with a lot of weight as Swalchy's greek is excellent and all he wanted to do was shed some light and reason on the subject - whatever the outcome.

I have to restate this again - we are not pro Paul - but lies about anyone are pointless and destructive, so let’s just have the facts, or as close to the facts as we can get eh?

Now this would all be resolved if Yada did what I expected he would have done and responded to the points raised. Instead, from what I can see, he either couldn't and decided it best to remove the threat to the hours he put in labelling Paul incorrectly, or he completely believes that he is 100% correct on everything he has decided about Paul.

The whole issue of "other forums" and Swalchy promoting his site is ridiculous. Swalchy makes no money from his site - the only benefit he has ever of giving a link to his site is for people to get a FREE amplified version of the massive amount of man hours over the past 3 years that he has put in to translating the "New Testament" - Who doesn't want a link to that? The forums - he had the idea of setting up a while ago with the express reason of his readers being able to ask and discuss things specifically related to translation and the site. No threat to Yada News or any of its linked sites, and actually a benefit!

All of this is just a smoke screen, a cover to remove the views of individuals that would have caused Mr Winn to step back and think again. If finding issues in Yada’s work cause this kind of reaction then I am better off away from this community myself - and I would warn each and every one of you to really think about your stand point to.

My request to Yada is that he reads and responds to Swalchy's document in a civil and useful way, showing where conclusions are wrong and backing up his findings. This will then make this whole situation turn from stupid to excellent, pooling the resources to gain the most accurate understanding. As of yet Swalchy has had no response from a man who he deeply respected and spent 8 months digging through history and research documents to bring the most accurate results to aid the project.

Now I hope this post remains on the forums, but I have a feeling it will be removed, and my wife's account banned until I am "rehabilitated" or whatever this whole thing is "supposed" to be about - but I will not apologise for simply taking a stand. If people want to blindly follow then that is fine - I for one will never do that and will always question everything.

I would just like to express how disappointed that I was never contacted about any of this before receiving my ban, and the only reason I can see is that I know Swalchy in real life - which is something else I am not going to apologise for lol

This forum has been like a family to me over the past few years, and I have put alot of work into moderating the boards, it really hurt to find all of this out, and it really hurt to see Yada stoop to this level after he had been such a blast of fresh air.

To everyone who gets to read this - thank you for all your posts, from the most academically challenging to the people who have amazing insight and normally believe their posts are irrelevant (you guys hit it on the head all the time lol) I hope and pray that you keep well and keep seeking!

I hope Yada 'man’s up' and does tell everyone the real reason for this expulsion, because all these back doors, random miss-quotes and ridiculous accusations is the politics that Yada claims to hate. I also hope he stops destroying his incredibly valuable work with lies and speculation.

I have nothing else to say, other than this is a sad day.

Thanks very much everyone.

- Rob

If this post is deleted and I am banned - Byee xxx
Offline danshelper  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 1:22:00 PM(UTC)
danshelper

Juski, please read your PM
Offline Yada  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 11:55:02 PM(UTC)
Yada

Yada asked me to post the following on his behalf:

Quote:
Sometimes the most amazing letters pass in the mail. Stephen has acknowledged and apologized for the overly argumentative, sometimes arrogant, and often inappropriate nature of some of his posts. He has promised to abide by the forum guidelines. He blamed no one other than himself. He has accepted responsibility and has been reinstated. Speaking for so many of us who have grown to enjoy the Stephen of old, we welcome him back with open arms.

Rob’s reply, which I read an hour before seeing Stephen’s, however, is not only argumentative and divisive in tone, it misses the point Yada, Moseh, and I have been trying to make. If this reply accurately reflects Rob’s current state of mind, he is in the wrong frame of mind. And if that were not enough, Rob's claims regarding me are neither accurate nor particularly rational.

Demonstrating the first point, Rob has written his response as an advocate for Stephen and his positions, and he has set me up as their foe. And Rob is still pushing an irrelevant argument, “arguing for the sake of argument,” in Moshe's words.

Stephen did not send me an email regarding his article, nor attach it in any email sent to me. And Stephen never asked me to respond to his article. Further, if he had, I would have told him the same thing I have now told everyone. It is the same thing that I told Rob before Stephen even started preparing his article: it will be a complete waste of Stephen's time. His skills should be used on something else, like reconstructing Yahuchanan. My position on this has not changed, nor is it a secret.

Since Rob has led us down the wrong path, it bears repeating: in my mind the only value in disassociating Paul from Galatians (even if textual criticism, especially considering the extenuating circumstances, were a reliable means for doing so) would be if Romans wasn’t equally false regarding the Torah, and if the remainder of the letters attributed to Paul were inspired and accurate. But it is evident to me that Romans is based upon Galatians, because it reads like an extension of the same argument. Further, by everyone's admission (at least those who have spoken up in the forum), the remainder of the letters claimed by Paul were not inspired and are not true.

Therefore, based upon Rob’s own summation of Stephen's article, there is no reason for me or anyone to respond to the authorship claims. So long as Paul wrote Romans, it makes no difference who wrote Galatians. What matters is that Galatians and Romans (and indeed all of the letters associated with Paul) are false. And it matters that people come to know why they are false. If Rob wants to argue those points, then there would be sufficient reason for all of us to engage in debate. But not on the subject of authorship.

Yada’s temporary suspension was not about being pro- or anti-Paul. It was not even about what Paul wrote, no matter how much Rob wants it to be seen this way. It is about an unacceptable attitude in far too many posts. Neither I nor Yada care what Rob or Stephen believe about which letters they think Paul wrote or didn’t write. Our interests are in seeing that everyone follows the guidelines which have been established for participating in the forum. We seek fellowship and a discussion of Scripture. Nothing more, nothing less.

Since he asked the question, in my humble opinion, it would be good for Rob to apologize for his own attitude in this response. But, that is not what matters. If there is to be reconciliation (which was Yada’s reason for choosing the date), Rob, like all of the rest of us, must agree to follow the forum guidelines, most of which he has violated in this post. So here they are again for everyone’s consideration:

Anything which stands in the way of the objective of observing Yahweh’s Word, preparing to be effective witnesses, and supporting one another, including demeaning posts and the promotion of other sites, is to be avoided. Therefore, based upon the negative tone currently permeating the Yada Yahweh Forum, the following guidelines apply:

1) Personal criticisms are not allowed between forum participants.

2) Impassioned forum discussions on topics unrelated to our salvation shall be very strongly discouraged. Save your passion for things which matter.

3) Books and sites which augment our understanding of Yahuweh’s Word may be referenced once, but not promoted.

4) Personal agendas and unique proclivities shall not be pursued. The stated purpose of the Yada Yahweh Forum is fellowship and Scriptural discussion.

5) If there is a disagreement on something essential to our understanding of Yahweh’s plan of salvation, minimize overtly critical rhetoric.

6) Try to avoid being divisive, at least in the sense of motivating forum participants to take sides.

Everyone is free of course to violate all of these standards, at least so long as they do so on their own sites and in their own private emails.

By calling the temporary suspension of two people, one for demeaning others with an arrogant attitude, and the other for encouraging him in a forum dedicated to fellowship, “extremely dangerous,” and “a lot like religion” is so ridiculous and provocative, it tells me that Rob doesn’t recognize that people should not be demeaned or treated poorly in a forum devoted to fellowship. And until he does, speaking for myself, I’d prefer that he write whatever he wants somewhere else.

That is not to say that I don’t won’t Rob back. I do. His posts, at least those apart from the promotion of Pauline authorship, are wonderful.

In this post, however, we see Rob blaming me for his and Stephen’s temporary suspension (one of which has already been reconciled). He said: “Now this would all be resolved if Yada did what I expected he would have done and responded to the points raised.”

He then demeans me and misstates our sole reason for the temporary suspensions by saying: “Instead, from what I can see, he either couldn't and decided it best to remove the threat to the hours he put in labelling Paul incorrectly,…” Then, abandoning all semblances of truth and reason, Rob wrote: “All of this is just a smoke screen, a cover to remove the views of individuals that would have caused Mr Winn to step back and think again. If finding issues in Yada’s work cause this kind of reaction then I am better off away from this community myself - and I would warn each and every one of you to really think about your stand point to.”

I am not surprised, but I am disappointed, by Rob’s allegations. He is now trying to drive people away from the Yada Yahweh forum. He is trying to make me his enemy. He has reaffirmed what we were told, that he was now complaining that the only reason he was suspended is that I didn’t want to be questioned. This is as offensive as it is untrue.

And by the way, no one said that Stephen makes money on his site. I only said that he has been over hyping his site. That is not the purpose of this forum.

As I have stated over and over again, there is no reason for me or anyone to respond to Stephen’s document. While I would be civil, it would not be useful. Doing so would not only enrage Rob all the more, as he would likely become even more defensive and argumentative. It would divert attention away from an “excellent” example for all of us to learn from, and change it into something “stupid.” There is no value in obtaining an “accurate understanding” of who wrote Galatians.

There is value in explaining why Galatians, Romans, Thessalonians, and Corinthians are inconsistent with Yahweh’s Scripture. Why not focus on those reasons so that Christians might be saved from Christianity?

To infer, as Rob has done, that Stephen “deeply respected” me, at least in his more recent posts, is laughable considering what he wrote in the forum. That does not mean that Stephen has always held such derogatory views, only that they have come to dominate his recent posts. And to suggest that I failed to respond to Stephen ignores the facts that Stephen never sent me a copy of his article with a request to review it, and that I told Stephen and Rob that I wouldn’t do so because there would be no point to it.

The only way for Rob’s inaccurate, insulting, and purposely divisive post to remain in the forum was for me to respond to it. Now that I’ve done so, it, and my reply will linger for a while. But soon, in order to keep this from destroying the Yada Yahweh forum, it will be removed. And once more, we have been placed in the position that if we do not continue Rob’s suspension as a result of this abrasive letter, we will negate the value of the forum guidelines.

Before posting this, Rob could have rejoined our fellowship, as Stephen has done, by simply promising to follow the forum guidelines. Now that has changed, because he has validated Yada’s decision to temporarily suspend him.

I hope that Rob “man’s up,” to cite his words, and accepts responsibility. For once, I hope he speaks as Stephen has done. But if not, we will not risk this fellowship, nor the credibility of Yada Yahweh, by allowing this kind of attitude to prevail in our midst.

Yada
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline danshelper  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 2:28:27 AM(UTC)
danshelper

Amazing how that works - the fewest are often the wisest words spoken ...

Quote:
it's time you both humbled up, stopped insulting each other, and dealt with these issues in love.

YHWH bless us all with this wisdom.
Offline Walt  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 3:19:28 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

I have alot I would like to say on this matter, but I don't want this this to be about me.

WHAT is the name of this forum?

Are people being true to who this forum is suppose to be about in all this?

WHERE is Yahuweh in all this?
Do we see what the name of this forum professes being displayed or exampled?

As I asked earlier in posts -
Quote:
Is the Ruach Qodesh actually active in individuals lives?
Leading and directing and teaching - guiding into Truth - empowering Yah's children?

What does the witness of what is taking place here indicate?

I left, not because my feelings were hurt - I'm pretty use to that having come thru christianity questioning them
I left because I didn't want to be a party to bringing shame to Yahuweh

My wife has no desire to seek THE Creator anymore
After all the lies have been revealed of religion and such, what are we to trust and believe
She has liked what she has read & listened too @ YY but she has said "I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and find out it's just a lie too - she is tired of lies and disappointment

What does what's going on here do with that???

What does all this say to the hurting and seeking that witness this?

Are the actions bring people to Yahuweh or cause them to turn away because it's the same ole same ole with a different label and box?

People want something REAL that WORKS in today's screwed up world
ACTIONS speak louder than words

Does the Shalom of God just a mirage or is it substantive and real?

Is forgiveness of brothers and sisters conditional?

If this small group, who claim a an intimate relationship with The Almighty, are an example of God in action
THERE IS NO HOPE

I have spent years seeking out a TRUE God - trying & testing - new age, wicca, native americanism, christianity. messianic and now here
For me it has to be REAL for life, not just a future hope that gets one to heaven leaving one lonely and powerless in life
The hope I had here seems to be quickly dieing
I don't have it in me to keep going - it seems my whole pursuit has led me in circles with an empty bag

There a people from all walks and places watching
Do people have ANY concern for them???

If it's TRULY about the meaning of Yada Yahuweh then it's time to knock it all of and get back on course
If it's just about a bunch of individuals vying to be more right than everyone else - then DAMN this life because it's better off not being born - and curse "God" for being such a sadist
Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 6:23:09 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom Everyone,

And I mean it. Looking at what was happening, I was keen to find out if we actually have the Shalom of Yahweh in us. I pondered a while and then decided to stay out of it and let the parties resolve it themselves. This is what will ultimately reveal what is inside each of us and how we treat others. In this post I shall refrain from using big words that sound scary and frightening. Simple English shall do.

We are, all of us here, different in age, maturity and wisdom. We each have limitations on our time, energy, wealth and health. Sometimes we simply do not have the luxury of time to respond to each and everything here, and sometimes this disappoints others who invest themselves wholly in this website, seeking knowledge and fellowship.

While some have left because they may have felt intimidated, or simply taken a hiatus, I remained because this is my "home" now and I really appreciate what I have received here over the past few years. I may not have had the privilege of chatting directly with Yada, but I did have the pleasure of having Ken respond a few times to some of my posts.

Having made this forum my chosen spot for fellowship, I knew that sooner or later some relationships will be strained because of differences. It is inevitable. It happens in every family. And how we respond will determine our strength as a family. Yes, the young guys were in a rush -- like all young huns are -- and made a fuss of it. A series of miscommunication errors then compounded the situation and emotions were elevated. Insinuations grew into accusations and some hostility was raised... mainly because the young ones felt ignored.

I do not want to be an apologist for either party, but I did hope for some response to Stephen's posts and articles, which seems to have not reached Yada in the first place. Having said that, I knew that Yada was very busy with his work -- re-writing YY is not only mentally challenging but also physically stressful, especially after such a draining stint on web radio and attending to his family's needs.

So there we were: classic case of young guys pushing older persons. Aaah, you know what they say about youth being wasted on the young... Anyway, I really do appreciate these young Brits and their company, perhaps because we also share common interests in information systems. But I digress. These young guys were like kids who yelled and tugged at their father's shirt for attention but who were eventually sent into a corner -- for what seemed like a life sentence. Drats!

These British boys don't really have malice in their hearts. I chat with them and I understand them. They have a different sense of humour and mentality compared to many Americans. If they are offensive at times, personally I do not think they meant it that way. And if they did respond abrasively, usually it was in defense of YY, not against it. Anyway, what these guys will eventually do is grow up and understand what we older, no, mature folks gain through experience. If they decide to stick around, that is, and I certainly hope that they do.

What I really want to see is how we make up. This is where we show our love for each other. Having realised our mistakes, can we own up and reconcile? Can we put aside our differences and love each other more than knowledge? Are we mature enough to understand that growing takes time? And that although time is not our friend but our enemy, we are capable of making even more enemies by disrespecting time itself?

I think I can love anyone who seeks Yahweh. I really do miss people like Shalom82 and edStueart, whose posts are too few and far in between. Yes, I may not want to get to know everyone now, especially with all their idiosyncrasies, but I will get to know everyone later when time is not a factor. Eternity is a long time and if Abba Yahweh can live with each one of us, then I am sure I certainly can do so as well! Again I digress...

What I want to see now is a better level of respect and understanding from everyone. This situation is not resolved and can become farcical if we do not attempt to reach out to each other and encourage peace. Let's put everything behind us and look forward to eternity. We certainly can't dodge each other in the future so we may as well start loving each other in this life. This is how we are supposed to act if we believe Yahushua. Time is short enough now. Love. Live. And Love more despite ourselves. If He did it for us, what more can we do for each other?
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline bigritchie  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 7:05:48 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

I suggest everyone watch this clip from Monty Python and King Arthur's valiant taking of the bridge against the Black knight!

It always cheers me up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno

Have at you!
Offline Juski  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 7:15:02 AM(UTC)
Juski

Thanks for the wise words dudes :)
Offline Sevensup  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 9:10:03 AM(UTC)
Sevensup

I don’t know a lot, but I do know that Mr. Swalchy’s absence would leave a void that can never be filled, and that would be be a very sad thing. I’ve been so blessed in learning from him, Mr. Yada, and all of you in this forum. You, Family, are my only connection with the Truth. So please, those of you directly involved in this ruckus get things ironed out. Thanks for listening.

Yahuweh’s blessings to you all

7s up
Offline Yada  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 12:24:55 PM(UTC)
Yada

The date of the suspension was purely symbolic. It represents the date of the return of someone we're all looking forward to - I had hoped that Rob would have understood the symbolism. I've also explained this to Swalchy, as well.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Walt  
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 1:36:21 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

I saw nothing wrong with your post and see no reason for you to apologize

I would like to see Rob back here, he is a goood dude with muuuuch to offer
Offline Juski  
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:53:51 AM(UTC)
Juski

Thank you Walt.

For those who missed it I apologised for my previously deleted, post but that apology was then deleted.

So again I am very sorry if any of my comments in recent days have caused any upset or made the current situation worse. It was never my intention to create trouble. I love this community and want it to be a healthy place of learning and fellowship, any comments I made were an attempt to bring peace and resolution. I'm sorry if that was not the case.

Shalom

Jude
Offline Sevensup  
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 4:57:29 AM(UTC)
Sevensup

Can I share this with you guys? While walking past a local Baptist Church today, I read this on the sign out front:

"Get a free trip to Heaven, call for a ride", then the phone number.

It brought back memories of a simpler life when I was taught that all I had to do was pray the jesus prayer, go to church, put money in the plate, and I was good to go. Now that I am learning Yahuweh's Truth, life is harder and often lonely, especially on Sabbaths and Feasts. But as tough as it gets, I take strength knowing that I've got brothers and sisters on their little pieces of the planet who are struggling just as much as I am. Thank you all for being there, and thank you Yahuweh for putting me here in this family forum.

Shalom
Offline Richard  
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2010 9:20:46 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
And now they're both gone, Swalchy and Robskiwrarrior. Stephen tells me he will never come back. I've not been in contact with Robski. All of this breaks my heart. We have this world and its god to contend with already. We don't need to be contentious among ourselves.
Offline Juski  
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2010 10:06:47 PM(UTC)
Juski

Hi Flintface,

Thanks for the comment - very wise words. It is really sad. We've had enough struggle in life without getting more grief here. Rob's not coming back on but you can keep in touch via me.

:)
Offline dugdoo56  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2010 9:19:48 AM(UTC)
dugdoo56

Greetings all. Hi Juski. Can you please pass on my best to Robski for me. Like Flintface, I too am totally devastated by what happened over the course of events. I would look forward each day to logging onto YY and see the way everyone would interact in topics and was amazed at the knowledge some people would share on subjects. Then all of this happened and each day it was getting worse. I am sure everyone could see it progressing faster and faster. Steve tried to defend his position about Shaul but some others kept nagging at him, which was worse and he responded in a way that some took offense at. Rob only defended Steve and I cannot understand him getting banned as he used no offensive language at all. I am sure if we all could have the last 6 months all over again, knowing how things turned out, things might have been different. YY now seems so much emptier without Steve and Rob. I miss Robs funny take on things.
Please wish him well and know that we all miss him. I am sure Yahuah would want both brothers back.
Take care...In Yahs love...DD56.
Offline Juski  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2010 3:40:20 AM(UTC)
Juski

Thank you :)