logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BiynaYahu  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 11:10:50 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Wholeness and peace everyone,

I've wanted to do an in-depth study one the meaning of our father's name for quite a while, but I lack the skills and tools to do so. I think trying for the correct pronunciation is important in it's own way, but I also doubt we'll ever get it 100% correct in this life. I feel that meaning is so much more important, and I feel that our understanding of the meaning is lacking. "He exists" just seems thin to me like there must be more to it. I've seen a couple of really good studies on it mostly proving the pronunciation as Yahuwah, which I agree with, but in the end just seem too short for such an important topic.

I'd really like to gather up a great deal deal of the verses that contain his name, and make sure they are sufficiently amplified, and also do a deep etymological study of the name itself. If anyone is willing to help get me started on this, or already has a study they'd be willing to send me, it'd be much appreciated.

Your brother,
Michael Browell
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 3:55:59 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
that sounds like a great study and I would love to read it when you are done.

I would suggest as a start studying the meaning of each of the four letters in the Paleo Hebrew. A good site on this is http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/

I agree that the most likely pronunciation is Yahuwah.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline BiynaYahu  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 11:45:57 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Shalom everyone,

If take the straight pictographic meaning of his name it comes out as: "Work/Throw, Look/Reveal/Breath, Add/Secure/Hook, Look/Reveal/Breath". It makes me wish I had a better understanding of their, Hebrew, grammatical syntax. haha Just a start.

Michael Browell
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline BiynaYahu  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 11:50:47 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

I was just thinking, though. "Yah", being Yod Hey could be a simple as, "Work Breath", which is sort of enlightening. Though I don't like stripping away all the other meanings for those pictographs. Also, I don't know how far I can trust this site for those meanings, either.