logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline James  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:35:10 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
My wife and I are working on planing a camping trip to Hot Springs Arkansas for Shelters, and we wanted to extend an invitation to everyone here that would like to come and camp out with Yahuweh with us. If anyone is interested PM me and we can talk details.

Hope to hear from some. I picked Hot Springs, not only because it is beautiful, but it is also somewhat central for people all over the States.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 11:38:16 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
"I picked Hot Springs, not only because it is beautiful, but because of the word Ark in 'Arkansas!'"

As much as I would seriously love to attend I have to decline the request :(
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:37:34 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Matthew wrote:
"I picked Hot Springs, not only because it is beautiful, but because of the word Ark in 'Arkansas!'"

As much as I would seriously love to attend I have to decline the request :(

Well I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out, but hey yet another good reason.

Offline edStueart  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 5:56:25 PM(UTC)
edStueart

"I picked Hot Springs, not only because it is beautiful, but it is the location of the Waffle House where Bill Clinton would have worked, if he had ever taken a job..."
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Y777  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2010 1:04:41 PM(UTC)
Y777

I am interested in doing this, especially since this is my first year doing Yahweh's feasts and not man's, and I need all the help I can get.

When is shelters though?
Yahuweh is faithful and loving beyond my thoughts, feelings, emotions, actions, and petty human notions of what constitutes right and wrong. So high does He soar above all things that I do not even know if proclaiming Him as good is in fact good. It is certainly not adequate. So I am thankful still that He accepts my small sacrifices, my petty praises, that my words reach His mighty ears. Thank you Yahweh. May we all learn what is right in your sight, and not our own.
Offline PattyB  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2010 9:08:31 PM(UTC)
PattyB
Woman

I know that this past year it was during October with the seventh day of the sabbath being on the twelfth. I am not particularly the best with calculating dates but I think that it would be somewhere around that general vicinity.

Quote:
especially since this is my first year doing Yahweh's feasts and not man's, and I need all the help I can get.

It is a hard and long process of leaving Babylon. Yahuweh's feasts are much better though. :) It would be nice to get to talk in person. Hopefully it will all work out.
Offline Richard  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2010 4:48:46 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
This is our first year celebrating the Feasts of Yahuweh, too, so we have no clue what to do. Are we really supposed to find leafy branches to saw off and build a shelter with? What if my wife cannot get leave approved for those dates (she's in the Navy)? Will she be condemned on that account?

I am excited about participating in our Father's Feasts, and at the same time I am fearful of doing something wrong. Remember Nadab and Abihu?

The next Feast is Trumpets, correct? Do I need to hock something so that I can go out and buy a shofar? We live in a quiet, secluded neighborhood where blowing a shofar loud and long is probably an invitation to a visit from the local police department. So I have serious concerns and questions about how to do all this in a way that brings honor to Dad rather than embarrassment.
Offline James  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2010 10:38:24 AM(UTC)
James
Man

flintface wrote:
This is our first year celebrating the Feasts of Yahuweh, too, so we have no clue what to do. Are we really supposed to find leafy branches to saw off and build a shelter with? What if my wife cannot get leave approved for those dates (she's in the Navy)? Will she be condemned on that account?

This will be my first year to actually camp out for it, I wouldn't say it is necessary, but it does sound like a lot of fun to me. following the Miqray exactly as they are delineated in the Torah, isn't necessary, coming to understand and rely on them is the most important part. I think that by attempting to keep them as much as possible is a good way to understand them.

I was given a Sony reader for a few weeks to test and review as a part of my job, and I put TOM on it, I haven't read TOM in a few years, and read something in the intro that is very appropriate for this. ken uses the analogy of the movie Karate Kid, where Miagi has Daniel doing all the work at his house, wax on wax off, paint the fence up and down etc. Well Daniel followed what Miagi told him to do, not understanding why, but then finally realized that Miagi was teaching him Karate moves that were necessary. Ken used it as analogy for the Torah, where there are a lot of things that the people were instructed in how to do, they did them not understanding what the significance was, until it was fulfilled. I would be that the Yahuwdy that came to accept Yahushua were probably the same ones that had went through the motions following the Torah's description of Pesach, so when they saw Him fullfill it, they finally understood that Yahuweh was teaching them a lesson in following it.

flintface wrote:
I am excited about participating in our Father's Feasts, and at the same time I am fearful of doing something wrong.

Do it in the right spirit, and the little mistakes won't matter.

flintface wrote:
The next Feast is Trumpets, correct? Do I need to hock something so that I can go out and buy a shofar? We live in a quiet, secluded neighborhood where blowing a shofar loud and long is probably an invitation to a visit from the local police department. So I have serious concerns and questions about how to do all this in a way that brings honor to Dad rather than embarrassment.

Again the details are fun, but not necessary. For Trumpets, the main message and point is to make a sound of joy, and to sound a warning, how you choose to do that is of less importance than that you do it, and understand it. I don't own a shofar, yet, but would love to go outside and blow it during trumpets, the people in my apt complex might think I'm nuts, but hey it's no louder than the radios that they blare all the time, and if a cop asks just tell him why you were doing it, and any good cop will let you off, one would hope.

Offline Richard  
#9 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2010 5:34:11 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
For some inexplicable reason I just found this post from you, James. Thanks! I was just thinking about the fall feasts again today, wondering how I would go about observing them. I appreciate all the helpful insights.

Richard
Offline Royce  
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 1:07:15 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Has anyone met up?
Offline James  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 3:52:46 AM(UTC)
James
Man

I never heard from anyone. Ended up falling through anyways. I'm in the process of buying a house (what a nightmare), and things got messed up, and so i spent the last week packing and moving everything I own into storage, since it is going to take two weeks longer to close than they thought, and I had already relinquished my apartment. Maybe next year.