logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matthew  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 11:48:59 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Ok guys, I was quite surprised when someone asked "when was Satan thrown out of heaven." And after reading bits and pieces of FH I saw KP refer to Revelation 12, in which Satan is kicked out of heaven at the midway point of the Tribulation after having a fight with Michael and his angels. (I wonder if this war will be manifested in the Gog and Magog war, which precludes the Abomination of Desolation, but I'm not sure)

Satan's time is short (Rev 12:12) so he'll get to work in brutal form, by getting the Antichrist to magnify himself above every other god as recorded in Daniel 9:27, 11:36-39 and 12:11-12. When the Antichrist goes to stand upon Temple Mount the Jews will flee into the mountains. God will miraculously protect the fleeing Israelites so Satan will turn against God's children (Laodiceans) instead. This is when the Antichrist will begin the Mark of the Beast campaign and will decapitate any believer in Yahweh.

Up until the midpoint of the Tribulation Satan still has access to Heaven, access to talking with God, or should we rather say accusing the children of God (Rev 12:10) before God, also confirmed in the opening chapters of the book of Job.

Now, what about Isaiah 14:12 when it says Halal's been thrown down to the earth? I take it this is prophetic of the mid Tribulation event, but I could be wrong? But what about verses 13-14 in which it talks about Satan wanting to raise his throne above Yahweh's, when does this take place, did this happen long ago or is this prophetic of the reason why the future war in heaven breaks out?
Offline RidesWithYah  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 12:46:00 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Yes, very interesting, and related to the legend of the Day of Atonement being the one day Satan can accuse the Jews before God (so let's not call the day by it's name, but only as the day no one knows, except Yahweh...)

And while we're on the subject, can any of the local Hebrew scholars confirm ppsimmons YouTube commentary about Luke 10:18 (posted in another thread)....

"I beheld Satan as lightning (Baraq) fall from heaven (Bamah)."
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:40:25 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
RidesWithYah wrote:
Yes, very interesting, and related to the legend of the Day of Atonement being the one day Satan can accuse the Jews before God (so let's not call the day by it's name, but only as the day no one knows, except Yahweh...)

I think you mean Trumpets, the hidden day.

RidesWithYah wrote:
And while we're on the subject, can any of the local Hebrew scholars confirm ppsimmons YouTube commentary about Luke 10:18 (posted in another thread)....

Very interesting, the whole passage of Luke 10 is very interesting, it seems as if Yahshua is sending out the 72 which is prophetic of the 144,000. It's like He's talking to them but He's actually addressing the 144,000, especially verses 8-12 and 18-20!
Offline TRUTH B-TOLD  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:32:07 AM(UTC)
TRUTH B-TOLD
Man

I always thought that when Yahushua paid the penalty for our sins at the cross is when Satan was cast out of heaven. When the penalty was paid for he (Satan) no longer had a reason to accuse men of anything. He is now reduced to a slander of God and a deceiver of men. The seed shall crush the head of the serpent is when Yahushua paid the penalty, giving a death blow to the serpent, he will be revived when Yahuweh allows him to compass the camp of the saints (churches) and he is sitting in the temple of God Yahuweh being worshipped as though he was Elohim.
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:14:53 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
RidesWithYah wrote:

Luke would have been written in Greek, or at least the oldest manuscripts we have of it are in Greek, I believe. So in all likely hood any Hebrew we have of it has been translated back from the Greek, and therefor what words which where chosen are a bit arbitrary. I don't know what the Greek words used where, but I will look it up. Also you can check out Swalchy's translation of Luke at www.thewaytoyahuweh.com
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:17:54 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I could be very wrong, but I kinda see this event as out of time itself - trying to connect a event that happened outside of time with a timeline is kinda hard... So I don't know enough basically LOL
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kp  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 8:33:08 AM(UTC)
kp

No, actually, I think you may have something there, Robski. You've got an interaction between an Eternal Being (Yahweh) and one who's merely immortal. Satan is locked in time---the event takes place somewhere along his timeline. But to the One who's throwing him out of heaven, bag and baggage, the deed was/is/will be a fait accompli at all points in time equally. So Yahshua could describe the event in past tense, even though it hadn't actually happened to Satan yet, simply because Yahweh is timeless.

But as far as the escalation of Satan's bad behavior is concerned, it seems pretty clear that Yahweh is going to throw his sorry carcass out of His presence once and for all some time in 2030. I don't want to be around when that happens.

kp
Offline James  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:28:11 AM(UTC)
James
Man

kp wrote:
But as far as the escalation of Satan's bad behavior is concerned, it seems pretty clear that Yahweh is going to throw his sorry carcass out of His presence once and for all some time in 2030. I don't want to be around when that happens.

kp

I don't know Ken, I wouldn't mind seeing that as long as I was by Yahweh's side when it happened.LOL

but seriously, by that theory then, the adversary has not yet rebelled against Yahweh, at least not from our timeline perspective, right?

Edited by user Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:19:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kp  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:05:47 AM(UTC)
kp

Rebelled yet? Of course he has. He did that before he bushwhacked Chavvah in the Garden of Eden. But Yahweh has yet to kick Satan out of His presence. Until now, he's always had access to the throne, accusing us day and night (okay, there is no night in God's house) of being guilty of one sin or another. Maybe it's a measure of Yahweh's patience. Maybe it's merely a stategy to keep the devil out of our hair. I don't know. But I do know that his access privileges are about to get revoked.

kp
Offline James  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:18:47 AM(UTC)
James
Man

kp wrote:
Rebelled yet? Of course he has. He did that before he bushwhacked Chavvah in the Garden of Eden. But Yahweh has yet to kick Satan out of His presence. Until now, he's always had access to the throne, accusing us day and night (okay, there is no night in God's house) of being guilty of one sin or another. Maybe it's a measure of Yahweh's patience. Maybe it's merely a stategy to keep the devil out of our hair. I don't know. But I do know that his access privileges are about to get revoked.

kp

My bad, I misread some of the above post, not enough coffee today. I don't know why I asked that it's obvious now that I've read it.

Offline RidesWithYah  
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:12:17 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Quote:
So Yahshua could describe the event in past tense, even though it hadn't actually happened to Satan yet, simply because Yahweh is timeless.

Everything has already happened?
Offline Theophilus  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2009 2:19:40 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

kp wrote:

kp

Ken, I see that you've described my thoughts on this subject. I don't know when Satan first rebelled, but would think it must have been after the seperation of darkness and light initiating time-space and the incident in Eden. I suppose that Satan and his fallen commrades could've indwelt and to some extent influenced any pre-Adamic humanoids much like the ones that indwelt the swine at Yahushua's leave, but without eternal consequences for their souls.

Clearly Satan still had access to the Throne during the incident with Job which I understand was in roughly Abraham's time around 1967 BCE. I hadn't much thought about when his access priveledges would be completely revoked and presumed it was at the time Anti-Messiah was cast into the pit at the on set of Messiah's Thousand Year Right. Am I off?

Theophilus
Offline kp  
#13 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2009 2:44:18 AM(UTC)
kp

Quote:
I hadn't much thought about when his access priveledges would be completely revoked and presumed it was at the time Anti-Messiah was cast into the pit at the on set of Messiah's Thousand Year Right. Am I off?

Actually, Revelation 12 makes it crystal clear that there will be a time gap between the eviction of Satan from Heaven (v.8-9) and his final thousand-year incarceration. The evidence (v.17) leads me to conclude that the eviction takes place at the latest 1,230 days into the Tribulation---the date of the abomination of desolation. This leaves three and a half years for Satan to be "enraged with the woman (Israel) and to make war with the rest of her offspring (neo-Laodicea)."

kp
Offline James  
#14 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2009 2:57:39 AM(UTC)
James
Man

kp wrote:
neo-Laodicea

Nice term Ken did you coin that?

Offline Marcus  
#15 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2009 3:50:20 AM(UTC)
Marcus

kp wrote:
No, actually, I think you may have something there, Robski. You've got an interaction between an Eternal Being (Yahweh) and one who's merely immortal. Satan is locked in time---the event takes place somewhere along his timeline.

kp

Since we are just having fun here, I have a question. So since space and time were created we know that Hallal being immortal and not eternal he obviously needed to be created after the universe was created. Well at least when space and time were created.

Is their any scriptural idea were it tells us when the heavenly messengers were created and for what reason?
Offline Theophilus  
#16 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2009 9:26:39 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Marcus wrote:
Since we are just having fun here, I have a question. So since space and time were created we know that Hallal being immortal and not eternal he obviously needed to be created after the universe was created. Well at least when space and time were created.

Is their any scriptural idea were it tells us when the heavenly messengers were created and for what reason?

I've considered this question as well and can only conclude before Adam, but I have no strong evidence at hand for how long before Adam. I'll guess in close proximity to the initiation of Time-Space, since the purpose of creation was companionship, but that Yah recognized the difference between the Spiritual host of envoys / messengers and a relationship with chocie and authentice love an trust.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#17 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2009 3:50:54 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

I was right, everything has happened already...

Ecclesiastes 3:14-15
Quote:
I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him. That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

Offline RidesWithYah  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 3:34:25 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Ezekiel 28:
13Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
14Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
16By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
17Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
18Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
19All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.