logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<34567>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#201 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2010 3:27:15 PM(UTC)
Yada

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Matthew  
#202 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2010 12:17:19 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
From BBC:

Quote:
Malaysian churches fire-bombed as 'Allah' row escalates
Friday, 8 January 2010

Three churches have been attacked in Malaysia's capital Kuala Lumpur, ahead of protests by Muslim groups.

The administrative offices of one church were destroyed by a firebomb attack and one of the other two churches attacked was slightly damaged.

Some Muslim groups are angry at a court decision allowing non-Muslims to use the word Allah to refer to God.

Below is a comment, click here, by bitnet on another thread when this was first reported:

Quote:
Shalom,

Well, the situation is rather distressing when it comes to using the right names in Scripture in Malaysia. But the history of how the translations came about should be known. After Islam took over the Middle East, it was practically impossible to use any kind of bible without using the name of Allah as the Muslims had insisted on it. So it was that Christians had to use the name Allah in their books, and Islam spread to the Far East before Christianity. So the bibles used in the region had Allah in them. This tied in nicely with recognising Islam as the dominant religion in Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei in Southeast Asia. So all bible translations eventually followed this tradition. However, the Malaysian Muslim government took exception to this recently when some Muslims started converting to Christianity. Furthermore, some indigenous groups in parts of Malaysia speak the Malay language but are Christians and it confounded the religious authorities. In the peninsula, all Malays must be Muslim! If one becomes an apostate, one also loses his/her race and accompanying racial privileges! I suppose this is more acceptable than losing one's life, but some prominent cases caused some jitters among the Muslims and they will do anything to ensure their religion's dominance and "sacred" position. To "appease" the Muslims, the Malaysian government banned bibles with Allah as it was thought to confuse Muslims if they had read the Bible instead of the Quran. Absolute silliness but this is the level of spiritual maturity and intellect of the Muslims here. Especially since most Muslims were Muslims from birth! I'm not an apologist for them but the challenge by the Christians to use Allah is not so much to insert the wrong name but to establish the right of religious freedom to use bibles that had been used for centuries, especially among the Malay-speaking peoples. I had always wanted to write in to the newspapers about Christians using the right name but I chose to keep silent as I wanted this challenge in court to confirm a higher degree of religious freedom. Perhaps after the Christians win (fat chance!) I shall write in to tell them the proper name of our Creator. If they lose, I will definitely write in to explain that this their chance to reprint the bibles with the right names and get to know our Creator better on a first name basis.
Offline Yada  
#203 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2010 2:53:36 PM(UTC)
Yada

From The Religion News Service:

Quote:
Thursday, January 07, 2010

"I wonder if these people know Muslims, if they have ever opened the Quran. Ignorance is the mother of all ills, and often of many misunderstandings. "

--Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran, president of the Vatican's Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue, commenting after Switzerland voted to ban the construction of minarets at mosques. He was quoted by the official Vatican newspaper, L'Osservatore Romano.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#204 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2010 4:27:55 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:
Quote:

2 more churches in Malaysia firebombed in 'Allah' row

(CNN) -- Two more churches in Malaysia were firebombed Sunday, bringing the total to six since a court ruled that non-Muslims can use the word "Allah" as a term for God.

No one has been hurt in the attacks, which began Friday. They follow a high court's ruling that Christians can use the word "Allah" in literature printed in the country's official language, Malay.

In Malay, the word for God is "Allah," as it is in Arabic.

But many in the predominantly Muslim country, including the government, believe the word should be exclusive to Islam.

The government has banned the use of the word in Christian literature, saying it is likely to confuse Muslims and draw them to Christianity. (???)

full story
Yada attached the following image(s):
t1larg.malaysia.bomb.afp.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#205 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2010 4:14:22 PM(UTC)
Yada

Has anyone else seen this story? Take a look at the video. From CNN:

Offline James  
#206 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2010 6:19:18 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Swalchy wrote:
Gotta love how even taped "evidence" isn't considered trustworthy.

No, but if we had an isnad oral tradition, that would suffice.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Yada  
#207 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 4:25:56 PM(UTC)
Yada

From the Religion News Service:

Quote:
Thursday, January 14, 2010

"I would like other people to know that I'm not Osama bin Laden. I know a little bit about Christianity, I would like other people to know about my religion as well. "

--Harsimran Singh, a 15-year-old Sikh who attends high school in Texas, about a petition to include more information about his and other religions in history text-books for Texas public schools. He was quoted by The Associated Press.
Offline Yada  
#208 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 5:17:59 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

t1larg.nato.report.jpg
Offline Yada  
#209 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2010 3:43:26 PM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Mike  
#210 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 8:33:30 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
And now, for something completely different...

My evening with Brother Ali, the albino Muslim face of hip hop

How does being a teetotal, non skirt-chasing Koran-believer square with the hip hop world of booties, spliffs and bling?
He spoke out against homophobia, racism, slavery and encouraged us all to accept one another. It was like being at an expensive group self-help weekend away but with beer and dancing. His ethos is almost hippyish, a message so simple and earthy but so absent in the hip hop world. And it’s all down to his Muslim faith.

He was born into a Christian family in Michigan but there were “things about it which just didn’t feel right”. He didn’t want to call himself a Christian without actually believing. Then, he struggled throughout his childhood because of his appearance. “Being albino you might as well be a leper. I had bad clothes, I didn’t have any money,” he said.

He’d always been “spiritual” but his life changed when he read The Autobiography of Malcolm X. The particular thing that struck him was the premise that the only thing that could save the American white man from racism was Islam. Brother Ali was convinced.

http://blogs.telegraph.c...-muslim-face-of-hip-hop/
Offline Yada  
#211 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 5:50:19 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

t1main.missiles.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#212 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 1:23:10 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

c1main.fashion.cnn.jpg
Offline Yada  
#213 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2010 5:39:24 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

t1larghijab.jpg
Offline RidesWithYah  
#214 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2010 3:46:51 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Car Bombs in New York?
Couldn't be the religion of peace, must have been the TEA Party.

(WHY do these idiots keep getting elected?)

Video HERE
Offline J&M  
#215 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2010 2:43:09 AM(UTC)
J&M

Quote:
We’re fighting a cultural war and humor is our best weapon! We’ve spent the last 50 years laughing and mocking every aspect of our societies. Let’s turn that laughter on Islam with full bore… And, Islam’s defenders will find it difficult to censor and silence humor, the way they can silence and discredit political commentary. To try and silence humor is to look like a prig and if there’s anything our politically correct cultural overlords hate, it’s to come out looking like the stuffy humorless totalitarian-minded fascists that they really are.

I suspect someone has a point here.....
Offline Yada  
#216 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2010 3:59:24 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#217 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2010 4:05:00 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#218 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:04:58 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Matthew  
#219 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:37:12 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Offline Yada  
#220 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2010 5:27:17 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Matthew  
#221 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2010 3:34:53 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Reuters:

Quote:
Somali Islamists kill two for watching World Cup
Abdi Sheikh
MOGADISHU
Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:35am

(Reuters) - Somali Islamist militants killed two people and arrested dozens of others for breaking a ban on watching the World Cup on television, residents said.

They said the masked fighters from the Hizbul Islam group raided houses on Sunday and Monday in the Afgoi district, 30 km (19 miles) south of the capital Mogadishu, after hardline Islamist groups banned Somalis from watching the tournament.
Offline Yada  
#222 Posted : Saturday, July 3, 2010 10:54:33 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#223 Posted : Sunday, July 4, 2010 1:04:07 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Matthew  
#224 Posted : Tuesday, July 6, 2010 6:49:45 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From political cartoonist Zapiro for the Mail & Guardian newspaper in South Africa:

UserPostedImage
Offline Yada  
#225 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 7:20:28 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Mosque That is Tearing New York Apart

One of the biggest topics in religion and politics right now is the question of what will happen to that little piece of real estate two blocks away from Ground Zero. The crumbling edifice that used to house a Burlington Coat Factory is up for grabs by a group that hopes to demolish the building and build an Islamic inter-faith community center with a mosque inside. The proximity to the former site of the World Trade Center, however, has many Americans irate and others calling Islamaphobia.

Among all the reactions, dissenters have produced an incendiary ad that claims the area is "sacred ground". Images of 9/11 are displayed alongside footage of Islamist militants while the Muslim call to prayer plays in the background. Full Story (with the video ad)
Offline In His Name  
#226 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2010 4:16:46 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Islamic inter-faith....

can you say oxy-moron!
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Yada  
#227 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 3:33:50 AM(UTC)
Yada

Video report from CNN:
muslim clerics.JPG
Offline Matthew  
#228 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 4:12:19 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From the article linked to the video: "The producers hope the program will spark debate and inform people about the work of Imams. Its fans say it is a reflection of Malaysia's open, modern and tolerant form of Islam."

The work of Imams? Like Abdullah el-Faisal, the Jamaican Imam, who called on British Muslim youth to observe the teachings of Osama bin Laden and kill Jews, Hindus and Westerners by any means possible.

I wonder how Malaysia would act if a Christian or Jewish organisation did the same in the country?
Offline bitnet  
#229 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 8:35:41 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shabbat Shalom,

Malaysia, by virtue of its multiethnic, multicultural and multireligious composition living in relative harmony, is trying to be a poster boy for the Islamic world by showing that Islam is tolerant of other religions and that we can all live in peace together as long as there is enough respect for each other. The rest of Dar-Al-Islam can learn a thing or two from Malaysia about this, and I am glad that I live here and not in Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, or any Arab country.

The previous prime minister even tried to show that this modern form of Islam should be the way forward to avoid strife and dubbed it Islam Hadhari or Civilisational Islam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_Hadhari). However, I regret that this has not taken off well because of the influence of Arab petrodollars here. Anyway, whatever form of Islam being practiced here is better than elsewhere despite the problems caused. It won't be long before they are brought to heel to be in step with the rest of the world but right now Malaysia is a poster boy for the Taqqiyah tactics being used. Dhimmitisation is happening at a slow but steady pace.

There has been a concerted effort to establish an inter-religious committee here but it was vehemently opposed by the Muslims who feared that engaging in reilgious talks with non-Muslims would somehow give official credence to religions that should not exist in an Islamic country. After years of pressing by the Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs and others, the government recently relented and allowed a discussion group BUT with no powers whatsoever. So whatever suggestions that may come forth from such discussions may be treated as though it did not exist. That said, the 1Malaysia campaign to unite Malaysians may prompt some younger Muslims to question why they are not allowed to question their own faith while the others can. This in turn, coupled with the drop in morals because of the Internet, could accelerate the conservative push to strangle non-official policies and impose a cultural agenda that completely contradicts the unity campaign. We wait with abated breath to see how fast things turn bad here.

Also, the recent Kriskin article on "8 Reasons why Leftists should support Israel" should be published in Malaysia. However, I can safely bet that it will never be published in any mainstream newspaper. If would be fascinating to see the response if it was published!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline In His Name  
#230 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2010 7:33:33 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This reminds me of my favorite bumper sticker (read sarcastically)....

EDIT: can't get the image to load but I am sure you have seen the COEXIST sticker.

It always makes me want to lay on the horn, roll down the window and yell "GET A CLUE!!"
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Yada  
#231 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 4:13:17 PM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#232 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 4:07:58 PM(UTC)
Yada

Video report from CNN:
Offline Matthew  
#233 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2010 5:06:03 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

"In the name of religious freedom," he says! I'm surprise Obama didn't say somewhere "I support this because of my Muslim faith, err, I mean Christian faith!"

Crazy, Christians are being silenced in the States while Islam (which already murdered some 5000 people) is allowed to gain a foothold and flourish.
Offline Yada  
#234 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 2:34:06 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Saudi Arabia urged not to paralyze man as retribution punishment
By the CNN Wire Staff
August 21, 2010 -- Updated 0818 GMT (1618 HKT)

(CNN) -- Amnesty International on Friday urged Saudi Arabian authorities not to paralyze a man as punishment for his having paralyzed someone else, allegedly during a fight.

The Saudi newspaper Okaz reported that the judge in the case had sent letters to several hospitals in Saudi Arabia asking if they could sever a man's spinal cord, as the man he allegedly stabbed had requested and, under sharia law, was his right to seek.

full story
Offline Matthew  
#235 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 3:04:47 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Leviticus 24:17-22 "If anyone takes the life of a human being, he must be put to death. Anyone who takes the life of someone's animal must make restitution—life for life. If anyone injures (causes disfigurement) his neighbor, whatever he has done must be done to him: fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured. Whoever kills an animal must make restitution, but whoever kills a man must be put to death. You are to have the same law for the alien and the native-born. I am Yahweh your God."

Point 986 of TOM is quite revealing.
Offline Yada  
#236 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 2:43:16 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#237 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 2:45:09 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

t1larg.drone.afp.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#238 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 2:55:43 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Richard  
#239 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 1:41:51 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Fire that daughter of Satan and get on with life. Who cares what she wants or feels? Let her work at one of the many amusement parks produced by Islam. Oh, wait. The Muslims haven't ever produced anything except violence and fanatics. My bad.
Offline Yada  
#240 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 4:11:39 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:
islamic super hereos.JPG
Offline Matthew  
#241 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 9:03:33 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From Fox News:

Quote:
Saudi Employer Allegedly Tortured Maid By Driving Nails Into Her Body

Doctors are treating a Sri Lankan maid who had more than 20 nails hammered into her body in a grisly act of torture allegedly perpetrated by her employer in Saudi Arabia, Sri Lankan Embassy sources told Arab News.

The Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment has launched an investigation after doctors who are treating the woman at the Kamburipitya Base Hospital in the Matara district of Sri Lanka also reported the nails had been heated up before being drilled into her skin.

The maid, identified as 50-year-old Ariyawathie, returned to Sri Lanka from Saudi Arabia, where she had been trying to escape on her own expense, for treatment after the incident occurred.

“I had to work continuously since I had to do the chores of all the occupants. And when I wanted to take rest due to tiredness, they inserted the nail in my body as a punishment,” Arab News quoted Ariyawathie. “I had to work from dawn to dusk. I hardly slept. They beat me and threatened to kill me and hide my body. They were really devils with no mercy at all."
Offline Yada  
#242 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 4:04:46 PM(UTC)
Yada

Here's a follow-up to the story that Matthew posted. From CNN:

nails.jpg
Offline Yada  
#243 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 8:51:51 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Matthew  
#244 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 12:31:45 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From BBC:

Quote:
Pentagon to notify Congress of $60bn Saudi arms deal
13 September 2010

The Pentagon is set to notify the US Congress of a $60bn (£39bn) weapons sale to Saudi Arabia, reports quoting US officials say.

The deal to sell advanced military aircraft to the Saudi kingdom is aimed at shoring up an Arab ally against Iran, the Wall Street Journal reported.

The arms deal, set to support 75,000 US jobs, would be among the largest yet.
Offline Yada  
#245 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 4:59:38 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Richard  
#246 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 9:29:34 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I'll bet Swalchy is rolling over in his desk chair. Which ain't easy.
Offline Yada  
#247 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2010 3:40:37 PM(UTC)
Yada

I sent this message to Yada earlier today:

Quote:
Yada - just thought I'd pass this along. The author fails to make any connection between these behaviors and the ideology that spawned them. From CNN: http://insidethemiddleea...egypt-so-rampant/?hpt=C1

Some of the comments at the end, obviously from Muslims, are so transparent.

This was Yada's response:
Quote:

This was true in Afghanistan, and it is consistent throughout Islamic nations:

According to a 2008 survey of 1,010 women conducted by the Egyptian Center for Women's rights, 98 percent of foreign women and 83 percent of Egyptian women have been sexually harassed.

Muhammad hated women, which is why they are still harassed in Islamic nations.

Offline Daniel  
#248 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 4:36:13 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Yada wrote:
According to a 2008 survey of 1,010 women conducted by the Egyptian Center for Women's rights, 98 percent of foreign women and 83 percent of Egyptian women have been sexually harassed.

100% of the women in my family were harassed when we lived in Saudi Arabia. When we lived in Jeddah (45 miles away from Mecca), my mother and sister were harassed several times.

One story that we think is funny goes like this:

My sister accompanied another American family from our compound on a shopping trip to the souq (marketplace, bazaar). While the family was shopping, an Arab offered to trade a cow and a goat for the two blond headed girls. The dad countered that the girls were worth at least two cows, but might give him a discount if he took the 13-year old boy, too. (He was joking, of course!)

The kids were very well behaved after that!

Our family still laughs about that story even though it happened in 1977.

Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Yada  
#249 Posted : Friday, November 5, 2010 9:16:39 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Tuesday, November 02, 2010

"These people do not value human life and have no respect for any religion. They say they are Muslims, but they killed here in cold blood. "

--Baghdad Gov. Salah Abdul-Razzaq, after visiting a Catholic church in Baghdad where gunmen affiliated with al-Qaida killed 58 people and wounded 78 more during Mass on Sunday. He was quoted by The Associated Press.
Offline Yada  
#250 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2010 4:22:09 AM(UTC)
Yada