logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline James  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2010 3:56:10 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I was having a conversation with a good friend the other night about the nature and roll of "angels". And this lead us to a talk on are angels capable of emotions.

As I understand it, angles are not capable of having a loving relationship with Yahuweh, because angels do not have free will, and therefore are compelled to do what they do. But my friend pointed out that everything that the adversary does is out of vindictiveness and spite, anger is an emotion, as is hate. So a being that is capable of impassioned hate and anger would have to be capable of other emotions as well, including love.

I thought I would share. Any thoughts?
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2010 5:06:28 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Swalchy wrote:
Don't actually recall Scripture stating that the Adversary was angry at Yahuweh. From what I can gather, what the Adversary has is pride. Is pride an emotion?

I don't think it ever states that he is angry, but it is more through his actions. Satan essentially of the opinion if I can't win, I'm taking as many down with me as I can.

He was cast out, and wants to hurt Yahuweh in anyway he can. This to me is anger, and spite.

He is certainly prideful, and I would consider pride an emotion as well.

wiki wrote:
Philosophers and social psychologists have noted that pride is a complex secondary emotion which requires the development of a sense of self and the mastery of relevant conceptual distinctions

EDIT-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also a large part of Pride, is love of self, and love is certainly an emotion.

Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Heretic Steve  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2010 6:59:19 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

Yah said that "unrightousness" was found in the devil. The def of "unrightousness"? My best guess is imperfection. Since relationship with Yah is based primarily on attitude, then it would follow, (at least in my puny mind), that avoiding/rejecting relationship would also be based on attitude. Love is not an emotional feeling, it's an attitude arrived at by choice. So I'm goin' out on a limb and say hatred is not an emotional feeling and is also an attitude arrived at by choice.
If not us, who? If not now, when?