logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline edStueart  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2010 5:59:14 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Quote:

King David Era Pottery Shard Supports Biblical Narrative

by Avi Yellin

(IsraelNN.com) A breakthrough in the research of the Hebrew Scriptures has shed new light on the period in which the Bible books of the Prophets were written. Professor Gershon Galil of the Department of Biblical Studies at the University of Haifa has deciphered an inscription dating from the 10th century BCE (the period of King David’s reign) and has proven the inscription to be ancient Hebrew, thus making it the earliest known example of Hebrew writing.

The significance of this breakthrough relates to the fact that at least some of the Biblical scriptures are now proven to have been composed hundreds of years before the dates presented today in research and that the Kingdom of Israel already existed at that time.

Click here for the full article.
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2010 6:31:27 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Great find! I like was it says too in that is says to protect slaves (servants), widows, orphans and the poor, which is the same message of the Torah. Yet another obstacle standing against those who don't support Israel or those who like to disprove the Biblical record.
Offline Rohn  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2010 4:49:51 PM(UTC)
Rohn

I was glad to read the news you referred to.
This year during my annual look at the Stars during Christ birth I decided to look into the magi a little further. Of course many know that the Magi may have been trained from descendants from Daniels school. I looked at Farsi net, the Christian website for Persian people. All was going well. Then I opened a book written by an American author JM Roberts, his Antiquity Unveiled. I have been troubled since!
When I grew up I was taught about the big three. Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. This was before Muslims took to blowing up airplanes. We heard a bit about Buddhism, and the Hindu's. It wasn't till Vietnam that I saw my first Buddhist monk, then I came back and Kung Fu and Bruce Lee were on TV. That was my world.
So I was reading that Eusebius made up Jesus from western Rome's Iesous and Eastern Rome's Apollonius an Essene who was crucified. I thought that this was a real hoot. Till I read that the Jewish religion did not exist until Nehemiah came back to Jerusalem after being trained by the Eastern folks, who let him have their treasure, soldiers and priests because he assured them the Yahu believers would believe in one god like Zoroaster’s priest had taught him. I read that Nehemiah put together much of the "Jewish" before story i.e. Daniel and further back. The book said that anyone before that could not be substantiated. I have many questions since reading this.
I know from reading this column for a year or so that many of you know about this line of thought, like Sargon being the real Moses. How do you square some of this with your faith?
Lately, though I have thought who cares what names I learned, the prophesies are happening. Anthropologists may prove one day, even Isaac and Jacob and reach further back. Of course in the mean while the Muslims are destroying a lot of the historical record. It is too bad that the Persian people don't throw off the Arab shackles and its Muslim baggage. Insensitive, maybe. But unlike them I don’t hate those folk for working through their history. It's just that they are using our blood and treasure and sacrifice to do it. Back to Eusebius, what is the story on him and the church? I have told people, including my brother for years, that of course Daniel and the other Prophets aren’t forgeries, just look at their prophecies. It is statistically impossible for men to come up with this stuff on their own. And the Dead Sea Scrolls prove they weren’t back dating.
Yet, after reading what these men had to say about the Yahudim borrowing their religion, a la carte from those around them, I am not getting much sleep at night.
Offline In His Name  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:55:45 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Rohn wrote:
I was glad to read the news you referred to.
Lately, though I have thought who cares what names I learned, the prophesies are happening.

Hi Rohn,

You hit the nail on the head. Prophesy is our proof. Fulfilled prophesy proves Yahweh's Word is true. Once you know that, you realize that the world's explanations are false. It is the world that is rewriting history not Yah.

HERE is the sight where I found that proof of prophesy, I hope it helps you as well.

Here's to a good nights sleep :)
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Rohn  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:39:22 AM(UTC)
Rohn

Thank you for those words.
This past week I have been thinking that no matter how the Scriptures came to be put together. This is what we have to go on today!
An look what we have done with them...
I'm saying look at what we are gleaning from these words. The Scripture is put together in such a way that one could read it with various results. Yet as one looks for the foreknowledge, the prophecies. It is trully an exciting thing to behold. What did the ancestors do to judge the value of a prophet?
This is what is exciting, that the whole book is like an old prophet and with a tinkle of the eye, watching as the words become reality.
Still it is hard to read or find out that much of what I believe may not have happened.