logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Kepha  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2007 7:18:06 PM(UTC)
Kepha
Man

I host a Sabbath fellowship, and I can report that as people come to embrace the intimacy of Sabbath, of Shabbat, they become energized in their desire to discover more and more of Yeshua. Far above gaining more knowledge is their desire to see their relationship with YHVH strengthened and matured.
Just as Moses was seen to appear with rays of light coming from his face after being on the mountain for 40 days (twice!), people in my fellowship are becoming just radiant and enthusiastic about Torah. Transformed lives. Learning the difference between holy and unholy, clean and unclean, and embracing the Holy Days of YHVH.
We have so much fun together!

Edited by user Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:25:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Yahsheba  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2007 11:13:58 AM(UTC)
Yahsheba

Shalom Kepha,

I have a question for you or anyone else who would like to join in. There is a brother that I have been talking to lately and he seems to think that it is ok to work on Shabbat if there is a need. For instance, if you are not able to afford your rent or put food on the table otherwise. Now I totally disagree with this. I believe Yah will provide for his people and that not working on Shabbat is a test commandment. He says that it's better to work than to just sit there on Shabbat and worry about how you are going to pay the rent. By worrying about it you are breaking the Shabbat anyways by not resting your mind.

Does anyone have any advice for me on what to say to him?
Offline YY  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2007 3:56:57 PM(UTC)
YY
Man

Kepha and Yahsheba are both being consistent with Yah's instructions. The Sabbath is very important to God. It conveys the fact we cannot earn, or work for, our salvation and its six plus one nature provides the timeline of human history as well as the timing of our redemption.

Those who love Yah and His Word, radiate His light. And those who know and heed His instructions have their needs met.

The accuracy and quality of the posts in this forum are most encouraging. There are clearly many who yada Yahweh.

What I find enteresting, is that we can work on the Sabbath, so long as this work isn't our ordinary job. And that means that everyone who hosts and teaches a Sabbath Scriptural fellowship, has to have another job. In other words, there is to be no paid, full time clergy.
Offline FF  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2007 5:41:58 PM(UTC)
FF
Man

My wife and I have just started Sabbathing in the last few months.

Let us say it is the best thing we have done in our marriage...

FF
FF
Offline Kepha  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2007 2:41:17 AM(UTC)
Kepha
Man

Prohibitions on Shabbat, or Sabbath... what does YHVH say? Explore the many Scriptures detailing what He says about this Day and you'll find there are only two overt instructions: do no ordinary work and rest. Now, what is then excluded? Priests sacrificed on Shabbat (Numb. 28:9,10) people actively entered the Temple to 'watch' the House (II Kings 11:7) and many more examples... then, much is said of what NOT to do.. don't do commerce (Neh. 13:15-19) and don't gather sticks (Numb. 15:32ff) and do a study to discover what gathering sticks means... and then we have Isaiah telling us what Shabbat can bring to us, if we keep it holy (Is. 58:13,14). It was also custom to seek out prophets or teachers of Torah, for fellowship and instruction (II Kings 4:23).
So, yes there are prohibitions and there are positive instructions. Here in my area there are several Messianic fellowships big and small who meet on Shabbat for fellowship, study of the Word, to build up each others' sukkahs.... and there are some who stay home just as you do, to study and worship. In the Brit Chadasha we find examples of people gathering to study/fellowship on the first day of the week, because they were enjoying Shabbat in the synagogues, in the Temple or at home.
Study your Scriptures to see what YHVH desires for you, and don't be distracted by what the Rabbi's have added to all of this: roughly 1,200 instructions for Shabbat behaviour in the Talmud. These instructions were the contentious points that brought the Rabbi's in anger to Yeshua as He healed and ministered to people on Shabbat. Yeshua kept it HOLY. He was 'doing' however... serving others. That is the fulcrum on which Shabbat Joy rests. Serve others. Especially YHVH.

Edited by user Monday, July 2, 2007 4:54:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tiffany  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2007 8:39:40 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Kepha,
I understand the parents issue, my parents are set in their ways. I have been for the last 6 years not questioning my faith but exploring other place beyond the "church" I grew up in. I found a lot of things and place that set my walk and path in a different direction from that of my upbringing and my parents. Recently, about 6 months ago someone showed me Yada Yahweh, it has revolutionized my life, now I just sit and talk with Yahweh about my parents and family members who I desire to see have a real relationship. I trust Yahweh to reveal to them the truth and for them to be set free, but I always have to remember it is still their choice, to listen and walk with Yahweh. Stand true to what you know, trusting in Yahweh. Blessings!
Offline Yahsheba  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2007 10:08:33 AM(UTC)
Yahsheba

YY wrote:
The Sabbath is very important to God. It conveys the fact we cannot earn, or work for, our salvation and its six plus one nature provides the timeline of human history as well as the timing of our redemption.

What about Phil.2:12- So then, my beloved, even as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, WORK out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

James 2:17-26- Even so faith, if it have not works, is dead in itself.

18 Yea, a man will say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith apart from thy works, and I by my works will show thee my faith.

19 Thou believest that Elohim is one; thou doest well: the demons also believe, and shudder.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith apart from works is barren?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, in that he offered up Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Thou seest that faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect;

23 and the scripture was fulfilled which saith, And Abraham believed Yahweh, and it was reckoned unto him for righteousness; and he was called the friend of Yahweh.

24 Ye see that by works a man is justified, and not only by faith.

25 And in like manner was not also Rahab the harlot justified by works, in that she received the messengers, and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, even so faith apart from works is dead.

Looks to me like we do Need to "WORK" out our Salvation.

YY wrote:
What I find enteresting, is that we can work on the Sabbath, so long as this work isn't our ordinary job.

What exactly do you mean? Is it ok then to clean your house or to do your laundry?

Shalom,

Yahsheba
Offline Yahsheba  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2007 10:13:24 AM(UTC)
Yahsheba

Thank you Kepha for your input! :)
Offline FF  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2007 10:18:35 AM(UTC)
FF
Man

Kepha

Yahuweh says about the Sabbath,

STOP
REST
REFLECT
CONTIMPLATE

And then He extols us by lifting us up and telling us you shall do great and wonderful things and I will be with you and when you stop to Sabbath I will personally come and kneel down as a father does with his children so he can see them eye to eye, that he may behold them, adore them and cherish them, favor them, teach them, encourage them and spend the Sabbath with them.

Find the a more complete text hear http://www.yadayahweh.co...hweh_Genesis_Shabat.YHWH

FF
FF
Offline Kepha  
#10 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2007 3:50:00 AM(UTC)
Kepha
Man

Yahsheba, glad you found some answers in the Scriptures... now, the 'works' you highlighted in the other Scriptures. We know that James was written about 60 A.D., being therefore the first book compiled chronologically, after Yeshua resurrected. Why is this book so deeply themed on works and faith being hand-in-hand...? The 'works' are quite simply, enacting Torah in your lifestyle as the 'do' of your lifestyle together with the 'believe' in your heart. We know also that 'faith' in hebrew is 'emunah', which has much more meaning than what the christian church has defined as 'faith'... to just believe something.
Emunah is 'trust grounded obedience', meaning you are acting on what you know to be true, or trust to be true. There are many examples of this being enacted in peoples' lives in Scripture. Matth. 9:20-22 is the classic story of the woman who touched the tzitziyot of Yeshua's garment... she knew the prophecy of Malachi 4:2, which states the Son of Man would come with 'healing in His wings'.. wings being a hebraic idiom for tzitiyot. Yeshua declares to her that her 'faith' has made her well. The church has taken this to mean that she healed herself, by way of her strong 'faith' or belief in Jesus. Well, only Jesus heals anyone, and Yeshua was actually saying that because she knew the prophecy and acted on that prophecy as true, her 'trust grounded obedience' brought her into the Kingdom (Yeshua's Presence) and HE made her well BECAUSE she trusted that He could/would.
By the way, that story is all about you and me. WE are that woman, with a blood discharge for 12 years. 12 years refers to the 12 tribes of Israel.. the blood discharge is our uncleanliness, according to Torah. Yeshua will heal each of us, when we 'touch' Torah, and enact it in our lives WITH the Spirit of Torah (Yeshua) in us. Trust that walking in Torah as your lifestyle will do this.
This is the 'works' that James is always writing about. The 'doing' that comes from believing Torah is true. Faith in James is this 'trust grounded obedience', not sitting and just believing in something, but getting out of the chair and actually acting on what you believe is true.
Abraham was told by YHVH to arise, leave his family and 'go west young man..' and only when Abraham (as Abram) got up, packed his tent, and MOVED, was he 'believing' or in emunah. YHVH didn't give him all the details of the journey and the destination, just enough to give Abraham a motivation to be in emunah. Abraham's choice to 'do' or not.. same with you and me.
So, the 'works' in all the Scriptures you highlighted are about enacting Torah in your lifestyle.. not about doing the daily work you do for a job, etc. Scripture is ALWAYS focused on your soul-salvation.. after telling you that it's only YHVH, as Yeshua, who saves your Spirit. After that, it's up to you and me to 'save' our souls, by enacting Torah in our lifestyle. This is what the church just doesn't get at all. They have believed for 2,000 yrs. that being saved by Jesus completes the whole event.. and that Torah is obsolete, replaced by Grace. Well, this is why the church is infected by lawlessness to a nearly fatal degree.
What we do on Shabbat is vital to our Spirit-life. It's the wedding ring of the Bride. Once you embrace Shabbat as Isaiah describes it (Is. 58:13,14) you will experience that JOY of relationship and redemption that the returning remnant in Nehemiah did, as described in ch. 8.

Edited by user Monday, July 2, 2007 4:58:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline FF  
#11 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2007 6:40:20 AM(UTC)
FF
Man

Kepha,

How far have you gotten in reading Yada Yahweh?

FF
FF
Offline Yada  
#12 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2007 7:27:33 AM(UTC)
Yada

Hello Kepha - thank you for your contributions to the forum. I would like point out a correction - the use of - Yeshua, instead of the proper form - Yahushua.

To quote from: Future History, Chapter 1 - Why Bother, Brother?

http://futurehistory.yad..._Bother_Brother.Prophecy

Quote:
Also, even though the whole western world and every popular English Bible translation calls the Messiah "Jesus," I have taken the liberty of using His real name, the name his mother called Him: Yahshua (alternately pronounced Yahushua. The often-used short forms, Y’shua, Yeshua, or Yahsu, are corruptions which disguise the meaning of the Name). Yahshua means "Yahweh is salvation." The English word "Jesus" is not a translation; it is a transliteration of a transliteration, and it has lost every shred of its original meaning.

I wanted to point this out to you because one of the purposes of YY is to expose and condemn that which is untrue. We are all here to learn and the only way to do this is to help each other by pointing out and correcting mistakes/errors.

-Yada

Edited by user Tuesday, July 3, 2007 5:48:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yahsheba  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2007 5:38:20 AM(UTC)
Yahsheba

Thank you Kepha,

Kepha wrote:
By the way, that story is all about you and me. WE are that woman, with a blood discharge for 12 years. 12 years refers to the 12 tribes of Israel...

Do you have any scriptures to back that up with?

Shalom,

Yahsheba
Offline Yada  
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2007 4:23:31 PM(UTC)
Yada

This is a short video I found which underscores the importance of keeping the correct Sabbath. You can watch it here.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!