logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Marcus  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:38:30 AM(UTC)
Marcus

Which one is better when comparing apples to apples?
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:55:18 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Marcus, I know Yada often says that Logos Silver edition is great but it costs quite a penny or two. I think KP uses it too, but I'm not sure. I know guys like Swalch, Rob and James have/are trying it out.

Logos seems to be the best on the market, especially in regards to functionality and ease of use.

I must confess, I have a torrent version of it given to me by a colleague at work but haven't yet used it and have only briefly browsed it to see what's available. I would like to buy a legit version but it's out of my financial reach for the moment. I currently use e-Sword, but in short, it sucks.

As for BibleWorks, this is the first time I've heard of it.
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:13:00 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I've just got Logos, and like it from what I have used. I've never used bibleWorks, I would look at what do you get for the price if you're considering buying one. I bought the Logos Original Languages package, which has about $4000 worth of books targeted at word studies of the original languages. It has several interlinears, lexicons, and Greek/Hebrew copies of Scripture, including the Text of the Oldest Greek New Testament Manuscripts. So it is really designed to let you break the words apart and study what they mean, and therefor gain a better understanding of Scripture. I would have to look at bibleworks before I can say one over the other. I know that Logos original languages package is what Swalchy has used for his translation.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:23:32 AM(UTC)
James
Man

http://philgons.com/2007...orks-a-brief-comparison/
Here's a comparison, it seems to be that you get more resources, with logos, but it's slower. They also say the price difference, but they are relatively the same if you compare the original languages package to bibleworks, whereas the comparison is between Scholars Gold and bibleworks. Personally the most of what I seen that comes with the Gold version that isn't in the original languages are not something I would use, there are a handful, but mostly just christian writing's and interpretations, as well as devotionals and such. Like I said there are a handful of books I wish where in the OL, but not worth the price. FYI, if you are going to buy logos, go to Amazon, you can get it there directly from Logos, but about $100 cheaper than at their website. Logos OL at Amazon was $312 at Logos.com it was $415, same package, and it ships straight from Logos, don't know why it's cheaper, but I would go there.

Offline James  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:27:45 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Swalchy wrote:
Bibleworks is like a very cheap version of logos, that doesn't work as well.

I personally would like to use the Accordance Bible Software for Apple Mac, as it is currently the only program to contain a transcription of all the "Biblical" Manuscripts from the Dead Sea: http://www.accordancebib...tore/details/?pid=DSSB-C

Is there any chance logos will be getting that soon, that would be awesome.

Offline Marcus  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:30:15 AM(UTC)
Marcus

Thanks Guys it actually been very helpful
Offline Marcus  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:52:09 AM(UTC)
Marcus

I got the logos original languages and you can get the same discount from the company just tell them you are shopping around .
Offline James  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:41:25 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Marcus wrote:
I got the logos original languages and you can get the same discount from the company just tell them you are shopping around .

You know that's a bit wrong to scam someone who isn't an astute buyer out of $100. I'm glad i shopped around.

Offline edStueart  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:57:47 PM(UTC)
edStueart

Marcus wrote:

Summoning up my best Life of Brian voice:

Quote:
You've got to haggle!
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!