logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline J&M  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2007 12:07:52 PM(UTC)
J&M

Yes Yahushua is there and the article is interesting, here is an extract:-

In order to help facilitate understanding of what happened in the Jewish religion, I'm going to tell you a Tale of Two Rabbis: Once upon a time, there was a very famous rabbi whose name was Rabbi Hillel. There were two main kinds of Pharisee: one was the School of Hillel – this rabbi – and the other was the School of Shammai; academies where rabbis were educated. They had certain differences in their emphasis, but they were the two main schools of Pharisaic thought. The School of Hillel had a number of very famous graduates – Hillel was the grandfather of another very famous rabbi who was his successor, Rabbi Gamaliel. Rabbi Gamaliel is mentioned in the Talmud, which says of him that when he died righteousness perished from the earth. The New Testament tells us in Acts 5 that Gamaliel said that if Jesus was not the Messiah, Christianity would disappear; and if it did not disappear, the Jews who opposed it would be working against God. Rabbi Gamaliel from the School of Hillel was associated with something called the Midot of Hillel, which St. Paul used in his teaching methods. Gamaliel had a number of famous students, one of whom was Onkleos, who did a famous translation of the Targum into Aramaic. He also had two other very famous students, one or the other of whom every Jew who came after them would follow, causing the Jewish religion to have a schism. The first of these students was Rabbi Jochanan ben Zakkai, whom I quoted earlier. When the Temple was destroyed, Rabbi Jochanan ben Zakkai said (in paraphrase), "We have a big problem: we cannot practice the Jewish faith that Moses gave any more." To this day, on every Orthodox Jewish synagogue you will find the term Ichabod; 'the glory has departed, the Shekinah has gone'. They know very well that without a Temple they cannot practice the faith of their fathers. On the Passover, the Pesach, instead of taking the Passover seder with lamb, they take it with chicken because they have no priesthood and no Temple.

Rabbi Jochanan ben Zakkai had a council at Yavne, near modern Tel Aviv, at which the rabbis decided the following: instead of the Levites and priests, the rabbis would be the new spiritual authorities, ergo the new leaders of Israel. Also, instead of the Temple being central, the synagogues would become central (synagogues having begun developing after the Babylonian Captivity). Thus another religion began to evolve from that point, based in tradition.

There was a classmate of Rabbi Jochanan ben Zakkai, whose name was Rabbi Shaul of Tarsus – better known to some as St. Paul the Apostle. He was likewise a disciple of Gamaliel; but he said that the Law was fulfilled by the Messiah. Jesus paid the price for our sins, and thus the curse of the Law and the consequences for breaking it were laid on Him. Every Jew is under one law or another; think of an unsaved Jewish person as a kind of backslider – he is in a covenant relationship with God. He may not keep that covenant, he may be an atheist – but he is still under the curse of the Law. If you want to know what happened to the Jews, read Leviticus 26 and Deuteronomy 28 – their entire history is therein foretold. The Jews are under a national curse because they reject Jesus; they are under the curse of the Law.

By the time the Temple was destroyed, Daniel's prediction that the Messiah would come and die beforehand was fulfilled. Every Jew then had one of two choices: he either accepted Jesus as Messiah, or he began to practice a Judaism that was not Scriptural. The entire future of the Jewish faith to this day is based on these two classmates: Rabbi Jochanan ben Zakkai and Rabbi Shaul of Tarsus.

At the end of his life, the Talmud tells us, Rabbi Jochanan ben Zakkai was weeping. His disciples came to him and said, "O Mighty Hammer, why are you weeping? Why is your soul in distress?" And Rabbi Jochanan ben Zakkai said, "I am about to meet Ha Shem – God – blessed be His name, and before me are two roads: one leading to Paradise (Heaven) and the other leading to Gehenna (Hell); and I do not know to which road He will sentence me." The founder of Rabbinic Judaism admitted that he had absolutely no assurance of salvation. He said that he did not know whether God would sentence him to Hell for what he did; at the end of his life he was terrified to die. It is the same for all the Jews who follow him.

However, then there is Rabbi Shaul of Tarsus, who said at the end of his life, "Trouble me no further, for on my body I bear the marks of Christ, and I know there is laid up for me a crown of glory and of righteousness." He had the assurance of his salvation, and so does every Jew who follows him.

That is what happened in the Jewish faith, and what is going on to this very day.

http://www.moriel.org/articles/sermons/jesus_in_the_talmud.htm