logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matthew  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2009 3:58:55 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Here's a short Youtube clip of the what the Rapture will be like if it happened while people were attending a church service:

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2009 5:05:24 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
yea saw that on Godtube lol

shame eh... lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline sirgodfrey  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2009 7:57:12 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Thanks for saying what I wanted to say about the number of people Swalchy :)

I was like .... nah, not even going to say it lol
Offline Noach  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2009 1:39:49 PM(UTC)
Noach

I love the Christian interpretation of the rapture. It's obvious from Scripture that the harpazo will occur on the miqra of Taruwah. Unless the miqra falls on a Sunday during church service, I don't think these people are going anywhere. Its safe to assume the majority of those taken will be celebrating the miqra. We won't have any planes falling out of the sky into buildings, or boats crashing into docks, or runaway big rigs out of control, or locomotive trains derailing into fuel depots, or any other symptom of complete chaos that would unsue if the Christian idea of the rapture came to fruition, because the people operating these things will either be resting or don't care about the miqra and won't be taken.

Noah
Offline Matthew  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2009 1:51:02 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Noach wrote:
I love the Christian interpretation of the rapture. It's obvious from Scripture that the harpazo will occur on the miqra of Taruwah. Unless the miqra falls on a Sunday during church service, I don't think these people are going anywhere. Its safe to assume the majority of those taken will be celebrating the miqra. We won't have any planes falling out of the sky into buildings, or boats crashing into docks, or runaway big rigs out of control, or locomotive trains derailing into fuel depots, or any other symptom of complete chaos that would unsue if the Christian idea of the rapture came to fruition, because the people operating these things will either be resting or don't care about the miqra and won't be taken.

Noah

It depends on one's location on the world at the time of the Rapture, the direct opposite of Israel could be some southern island in the Pacific Ocean, a completely different timezone, I know when it's 12 midnight in South Africa it's about 12 midday in Hawaii, SA being half a day before Hawaii. Plus the Rapture passage of Matthew 24:40-41 does say "two women will be grinding with a hand mill," which does indicate a believer at work.
Offline edStueart  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2009 3:55:10 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Noach wrote:
We won't have any planes falling out of the sky

My plane will.

(The autopilot, if engaged, will keep it going straight, until the fuel runs out...)
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Theophilus  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2009 4:31:15 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

edStueart wrote:
My plane will.

(The autopilot, if engaged, will keep it going straight, until the fuel runs out...)

No auto landings on your system?

I was surprised to learn that the Navy's F/A-18 E/F Super-Hornet includes an auto-pilot able to make make time on target waypoints and even carrier landings. Do you suppose that the USN aviation community is anticipating the rapture or that they're just tired of navigating and making carrier landings manually?
Offline edStueart  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 5:52:17 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Theophilus wrote:
No auto landings on your system?

Nah, Just a wing-leveler.

It can be coupled to the VOR (civilian TACAN) or the GPS, but when you reach the station/waypoint, the plane will just start flying in circles. My son and used to have a Big Ol' Time with this on April 1st, up until 9/11. Air Traffic Control is no longer amused by that kind of nonsense!

Theophilus wrote:
F/A-18 E/F Super-Hornet includes an auto-pilot able to make make time on target waypoints and even carrier landings. Do you suppose that the USN aviation community is anticipating the rapture or that they're just tired of navigating and making carrier landings manually?

It could be a big help when trying to get aboard after a mission that took you 'downtown'. At night, with battle damage (to your plane) (or yourself). If it saves one a/c per year, the investment will pay for itself in, umm, carry the one..., 114 years!

I did notice that only the Navy F-18's are getting this system. This is because battle-damaged Marine Corps aircraft are expected to be flown into an appropriate 'target of opportunity'. (This is because Marine Aviators are hesitant to return shot-up aircraft to Marine Crew Chiefs. Very Dangerous!)
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Theophilus  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 6:13:05 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Ed, I think you make a good case for the USN flyers. I recall seeing some of the Navy's more dramatic incidents during "Safety Stand Downs", the images that stand out to me most are the much cycled WW-II shots of F-6F Hellcats craking up on or near deck.

Reagrding USMC crew cheifs, I don't believe I had the occassion to meet one, but the one from the old "Black Sheep Squadron" TV program comes to mind.