logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 10:03:45 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Former astronaut: Man not alone in universe
Earth Day may fall later this week, but as far as former NASA astronaut Edgar Mitchell and other UFO enthusiasts are concerned, the real story is happening elsewhere. Mitchell, who was part of the 1971 Apollo 14 moon mission, asserted Monday that extraterrestrial life exists, and that the truth is being concealed by the U.S. and other governments. full story
Yada attached the following image(s):
mitchel2l2gi.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2009 9:07:16 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

I checked out the three little quizzes they had with the article and it was really interesting to note that the 80-20 rule almost works here, but in strange ways. Almost 80 per cent think that there are UFOs and that the government is hiding vital information, but almost the same number of people also admit that they have not seen any UFO or convincing evidence of such. Therefore, it shows that 80 per cent of people are willing to be fooled at almost any time by things they do not understand! I mean, even Dr Michio Kaku said that if any aliens could traverse the universe to come here, they would be light years ahead in technology and would not even bother with such a comparatively primitive society such as ours. Imagine travelling all the way here to hide behind bushes! This gullibility is because of itching ears and eyes, and when false miracles are wrought, you can be sure that these same people will capitulate in spite of the evidence of Scripture before them.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:55:59 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My take is this: man always assumes aliens are more intelligent and advanced than us (thanks to sci-fi and Hollywood), and man also assumes that if aliens were to come to earth they would want to make contact with the most important people, hence the American government have acted upon these assumptions. By having this whole did we or didn't we make contact with Aliens (like Area 51) they get the whole world to think the American government is the most important government in the world. They never say "we have proof" but they always hint as if they do have proof, leaving people confused. America doesn't need this whole alien rubbish because they are probably the most important government in the world regardless.

In the voice of Obelix, "these Americans are crazy!"

I reckon Dan Brown could/should make a novel out of it. I smell a hint of Illuminati here!

Maybe it's all just a big build up to help the Antichrist explain the big Event to happen in the near furture, the event called the Rapture.
Offline Theophilus  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:31:24 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

While I don't feel qualified to say definitively that there is no extra-terrestrial life in our universe it seem to me that the notion assumes life is a common occurrence on Earth-like planets. Given the vastness of the universe I wouldn't be surprised if there were many Earth-like planets, however, given the apparent complexity of life arising by random chance, I doubt that ET is among us.

Consider Yada-Yahweh book I Chapter 3 called Chay - Life:

Quote:
Examine his main thesis and see. Can time form a biological cell by waiting for chance combinations of organic compounds? Harold Morowitz, in his book Energy Flow and Biology, computed that merely to create a bacterium would require more time than the Universe might ever see if chance combinations of its molecules were the only driving force.”

The argument against macro-evolution made by Scientific American wasn’t just that there wasn’t sufficient time. Now that we understand the infrastructure of biological systems (something which Darwin was completely unaware), we know that life’s mechanisms are way too complicated and interdependent to have emerged through random chance rather than purposeful design. Further, the most significant problem for evolutionists is that beneficial (more complex and information enhanced) mutations are so uncommon, and so enormously overwhelmed by detrimental alterations in propensity (those which lose or corrupt genetic information out number those which lose or corrupt information by many millions to one), that macro-evolution isn’t just “improbable,” it’s rationally and mathematically impossible. Plants and animals devolve, they don’t evolve.

According to Morowitz, not only was the possibility that life formed through random chance interactions of inorganic materials mathematically incalculable to the point of being beyond reason within the size and age of the entire universe, constrained to the earth’s relative size and bereft of two billion years, the improbable scheme was diminished to an absurdity. And that is just for the first life form to emerge—which wasn’t nearly enough. For it to succeed, the inaugural plant would have had to locate a source of food, process that fortuitous source of energy in a way that it was productive rather than destructive, and then find a way to reproduce itself. If the first generation of life failed to accomplish any of these enormously complex tasks, life would need more than 15 billion years and the entire universe to have even the remotest chance of starting all over again. That is why Fred Hoyle, the famed British astronomer, has said that the spontaneous emergence of a single-cell organism from random couplings of chemicals was about as likely as the assemblage of a 747 jet by a tornado whirling through a junkyard. Frankly, the odds aren’t nearly that good. Not even remotely.

Edited by user Thursday, April 23, 2009 12:32:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: corrected spelling

Offline kp  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 8:17:33 AM(UTC)
kp

I recently reread a book called Rare Earth (Ward & Brownlee) in which the authors---unabashed evolutionists---offer convincing evidence of the statistical impossibility of "intelligent" life arising elsewhere in the universe, although they allow the possiblity of microbes. It all has to do with an extremely restrictive set of circumstances that are baseline requirements for the support (not to mention development) of higher life forms. They (of course) assume that since microbial life can theoretically survive in extremely hostile environments, then they do. I'm with Yada---they don't, unless Yahweh, for some unrevealed reason, put them there. But life does not spontaneously spring from nonlife. And ET is definitely not among us.

kp
Offline Matthew  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 11:19:26 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

kp wrote:
I recently reread a book called Rare Earth (Ward & Brownlee) in which the authors---unabashed evolutionists---offer convincing evidence of the statistical impossibility of "intelligent" life arising elsewhere in the universe, although they allow the possiblity of microbes. It all has to do with an extremely restrictive set of circumstances that are baseline requirements for the support (not to mention development) of higher life forms. They (of course) assume that since microbial life can theoretically survive in extremely hostile environments, then they do. I'm with Yada---they don't, unless Yahweh, for some unrevealed reason, put them there. But life does not spontaneously spring from nonlife. And ET is definitely not among us.

kp

I see one can read it online at Google books: http://books.google.com/...tcover&dq=Rare+Earth

I told Atheists on Dawkins' forum that something cannot come from nothing and that Atheists always try turn the question around when they are asked how the universe came into existence (not the process of the Big Bang but what brought all the matter into existence before the Big Bang and what triggered it). They give pointless answers something on the lines of "by your reasoning that means someone created God because how could God come from nothing" or "the answer is simple, before the universe nothing existed."
Offline Icy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 12:09:58 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Quote:
They (of course) assume that since microbial life can theoretically survive in extremely hostile environments, then they do.

Actually, that's not just a theory. On Earth, at least, they have found microbial life living in extremely hostile environments, such as high temp gas vents at the bottom of the ocean, or within ice at the poles. But I am sure Yahuweh put them there for a reason.
Offline Theophilus  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 12:34:26 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Icy wrote:
Actually, that's not just a theory. On Earth, at least, they have found microbial life living in extremely hostile environments, such as high temp gas vents at the bottom of the ocean, or within ice at the poles. But I am sure Yahuweh put them there for a reason.

Agreed. It is remarkable that life is so abundant on Earth.

I wonder if Spiritual Messengers and their fallen counter-parts would be considered extra-terrestrial or perhaps super-terrestrial?