logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Theophilus  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:58:30 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I wasn't sure which folder to share this in but I was surprised to see a few attempts have been made to build replica Noah's arks. The one mentioned in this article is the first I know of to be completed to, well at least KJV specifications:

http://online.wsj.com/ar...B123966767906515339.html
Offline In His Name  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2009 10:05:44 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Quote:
The National:
Sheikh unveils his replica ark

Melanie Swan

* Last Updated: April 30. 2009 12:31AM UAE / April 29. 2009 8:31PM GMT
[img]http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=AD&Date=20090430&Category=NATIONAL&ArtNo=704299857&Ref=AR&Profile=1010&MaxW=300[/img]
Abdullah Saleh sits in front of the replic ark he built for Sheikh Hamad bin Hamdan. Ryan Carter / The National

ABU DHABI // He is renowned for his vast collection of colourful cars, but Sheikh Hamad bin Hamdan Al Nahyan, known as the “Rainbow Sheikh”, is also a keen collector of boats. Few vessels in his collection are as striking as the 100-ton replica ark kept under cover at his Bateen marina.

Now, for the first time, Sheikh Hamad has allowed the ark to be photographed along with Abdullah Saleh, who built the vessel to the sheikh’s design.

Although the vessel is much smaller than the dimensions given for Noah’s biblical ark, it took a team of 15 men 18 months to hand-craft the 34-metre boat.

It was made from teak, the material thought to have been used on the original ark, and it took 15 trailers to carry the 40 tons of wood from India.

“It was from my interest in history that I wanted this to be created,” he said.

“I used old pictures from history and adapted it.”

Some scholars believe the ark began its voyage at Kufa in central Iraq, where it is thought that Nuh was born, and sailed to Mecca, circling the Kaaba before finally travelling to Mount Judi, in Kurdistan.

?? 34 meters would be roughly 68 cubits making this about 1/4 scale. How do you suppose Noah and his boys got 160 tons of Teak from India? Maybe the elephants brought it?

?? OLD PICTURES?? in the Quran?? What??

?? Circled the Kaaba?? What kind of ancient GPS did the ark use??
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:00:32 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
In His Name wrote:
?? Circled the Kaaba?? What kind of ancient GPS did the ark use??

No, no, it wasn't GPS, it was due to the fact they had moved all the faeces to one side of the ark to offload it overboard and the weight caused the ark to be lobsided, hence it circled twice.
Offline In His Name  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:12:04 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Matthew wrote:
No, no, it wasn't GPS, it was due to the fact they had moved all the faeces to one side of the ark to offload it overboard and the weight caused the ark to be lobsided, hence it circled twice.

So they off-loaded the feces, straightened out, and went on their way. That means they dumped all of the **** over the Kaaba. All of those 'rock idols' were really petrified manure? Just asking?
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14