logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Icy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 3:53:20 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I wrote up a short (relatively speaking) piece decrying Easter and breifly showing Passover, Unleavened Bread, and Firstfruits being the correct celebration of Yahushua's resurection. I wrote it primarily for my mother as she is stuck on Easter. I have let a couple other people read it, and they thought it was good, so I submit it here for everyone else to use as well. Also, if I have any errors anywhere, please correct me. I mostly used YY as reference, though the scripture I inncluded is NIV because that is what my mother is familier with and NKJV (I think) because kp helped me find a few verses and that's what he uses, but all the "the Lord" phrases were replaced with Yahuweh. Psalm 119 if from the link Robski provided in the "Yahuweh is Awesome!" post.

Quote:
Quote:
From History.com: Eastre (or "Ostara"), the Anglo-Saxon Teutonic goddess of spring and fertility was often accompanied by a hare when represented. The fertile nature of rabbits and hares is another symbol of new life and the rebirth that occurs during the spring season.

Also, German settlers in America are said to have brought over the tradition of a bunny named "Oschter Haws" who would visit houses on Easter eve, leaving colored eggs for children. Easter eggs were painted different colors to represent the sunlight of spring. Christians later used eggs to symbolize the rebirth of Christ.

Another Easter tradition is the eating of Hot Cross Buns. These cakes were marked by the Saxons to honor Eastre, the fertility goddess. The crosses on the buns are said to represent the moon's quarters, while Christians see the cross as a reference to the crucifixtion.

Attached are pages from Alexander Hislop’s (a well respected scholar of the early part of last century) “Two Babylons” which goes into extensive analysis of the origin of Easter and how it differs from Passover. It is an enlightening read, but also difficult. I attached it so you can read it if you would like. [obviously these are not attached here in the forum, but I do recommend the read, it's free, just google it.]

Those are just a couple small things. This is what Yahuweh has to say about it:

Deuteronomy 12:29-32 - "When Yahweh your God cuts off from before you the nations which you go to dispossess, and you displace them and dwell in their land, take heed to yourself that you are not ensnared to follow them, after they are destroyed from before you, and that you do not inquire after their gods, saying, ‘How did these nations serve their gods? I also will do likewise.’ You shall not worship Yahweh your God in that way; for every abomination to Yahweh which He hates they have done to their gods; for they burn even their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods. Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it." He does not want us worshiping him in the way that other gods are worshiped.

Exodus 23:23-24, 32-33 - For My Angel will go before you and bring you in to the Amorites and the Hittites and the Perizzites and the Canaanites and the Hivites and the Jebusites; and I will cut them off. You shall not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do according to their works; but you shall utterly overthrow them and completely break down their sacred pillars.... You shall make no covenant with them, nor with their gods. They shall not dwell in your land, lest they make you sin against Me. For if you serve their gods, it will surely be a snare to you.”"

Exodus 34:11-17 – “Observe what I command you this day. Behold, I am driving out from before you the Amorite and the Canaanite and the Hittite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite. Take heed to yourself, lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land where you are going, lest it be a snare in your midst. But you shall destroy their altars, break their sacred pillars, and cut down their wooden images (for you shall worship no other god, for Yahweh, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God), lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they play the harlot with their gods and make sacrifice to their gods, and one of them invites you and you eat of his sacrifice, and you take of his daughters for your sons, and his daughters play the harlot with their gods and make your sons play the harlot with their gods. You shall make no molded gods for yourselves."

Leviticus 20:22-24 - "You shall therefore keep all My statutes and all My judgments, and perform them, that the land where I am bringing you to dwell may not vomit you out. And you shall not walk in the statutes of the nation which I am casting out before you; for they commit all these things, and therefore I abhor them. But I have said to you, “You shall inherit their land, and I will give it to you to possess, a land flowing with milk and honey.” I am Yahweh your God, who has separated you from the peoples."

It doesn't help to say, "I'm not Jewish; I don't have to follow these statutes. I'll invent my own.” Yahuweh says in Numbers 15:15-16, "One ordinance shall be for you of the assembly and for the stranger who dwells with you, an ordinance forever throughout your generations; as you are, so shall the stranger be before Yahweh. One law and one custom shall be for you and for the stranger who dwells with you.” He is telling us that his statutes apply to everyone. Besides, if we consider ourselves to be his, then we are not strangers, but one of his people, just part of the out-calling instead of part of Israel (though some have a very convincing argument that we are grafted into the family of Israel).

In Mark 7:6-8, Yahushua said to us, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: ‘This people honors Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men.” Easter is nothing but the tradition of men, following false teachings and mixing it with worship of Yahuweh. He told us what he wants us to do. Before the Jews even left Egypt, he gave them the feast that would foretell his sacrifice. He told them to remember it and do it forever. But, he wasn’t only talking to them. It was his feast and meant for everyone. That feast was and is Passover. Passover and the two feasts that follow it, Unleavened Bread and Firstfruits, are the celebrations that Yahuweh designated for us to commemorate his sacrifice. These days are set days in the Hebrew calendar every year (they shift in the Gregorian calander) and that is when Yahuweh wants us to celebrate his sacrifice and resurrection. Yes, it just so happened to be on a Sunday, but that is only because that was the day of the week that the feast/prophecy fell on. To celebrate it at any other time is in violation of what Yahuweh wants us to do.

Leviticus 23:4-8 says: 4 " 'These are Yahuweh’s appointed feasts, the sacred assemblies you are to proclaim at their appointed times: 5 Yahuweh’s Passover begins at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month. 6 On the fifteenth day of that month Yahuweh’s Feast of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast. 7 On the first day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work. 8 For seven days present an offering made to Yahuweh by fire. And on the seventh day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work.' "

Look at verse 5, “Yahuweh’s Passover begins. . .” This tells us it is not a Jewish holiday. It does not say, “Israel’s Passover.” This feast is Yahuweh’s. This is important because if it is his feast, then it applies to everyone that loves him, which includes present day Christians.

Before the Exodus Passover, in Exodus 12:2-6, Yahuweh said, 2 "This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year. 3 Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb for his family, one for each household. (This is why Yahushua, the perfect Passover lamb, came into Jerusalem on Branch Monday, four days before Passover.)4 If any household is too small for a whole lamb, they must share one with their nearest neighbor, having taken into account the number of people there are. You are to determine the amount of lamb needed in accordance with what each person will eat. 5 The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats. (This is the reason Yahshua was declared “innocent” by Pilate, the Roman authority responsible for judging Him.) 6 Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the people of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight.” (His sacrifice corresponded perfectly to the designated time of the slaughter. It was just before sunset that He surrendered His life and Spirit.)

The following verses, 7-8 were also fulfilled: 7” Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs. (His blood was smeared on the upright pole and its lintel, which serve as a symbol of our doorway to Yahuweh) 8 That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast.” (The meat was roasted as a symbol of judgment, of the judgment that Yahushua would endure for us. The reason Yahuweh wanted the Israelites to eat the lamb was so that they would understand that the sacrifice wasn’t a gift to God, or a service to Him, but instead something for them to benefit from and enjoy.)

In Matthew 26:26-28: 26While they were eating, Yahushua took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body." 27Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. 28This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.” This was the Passover meal and Yahushua is specifically telling us that the Unleavened Bread of that feast is a symbol of him, sinless (no leaven) and about to be broken. They are to eat it because his body is to be broken for them (and us). He continues on telling us that the wine from this feast is a symbol of him again. It symbolizes his blood and that it is about to be poured out to forgive sins. They are to drink it because it is being done for them (and us). He goes on telling us that we are to remember him everytime we do this while celebrating Passover, because Passover is a prophecy of what he would do for us.

In Exodus 12:14, Yahuweh says, 14 "This is a day you are to commemorate; for the generations to come you shall celebrate it as a festival to Yahuweh -a lasting ordinance.” The word translated “a lasting ordinance” is ‘owlam, and it means “in perpetuity, forever”. This means that if we are his and love him, we are to always remember and celebrate Passover. Not because the Jews were spared in Egypt, but because Passover is a symbol of the sacrifice Yahushua made for us. Remember this is his feast, not the Jews’ or ours’. Did you know that the Catholic church outlawed Passover? Did you ever wonder why there is such a complicated formula for figuring out when “Easter” is? It is because they wanted to make sure that it would NEVER fall on the same day as Passover.

For the most part, many Christians want to celebrate Passover, that is obvious by the telling of the story of Yahushua and his sacrifice, but they don’t realize that it is Passover they are talking about and Yahuweh had the Israelites celebrating it even before he made his sacrifice. Instead, they are blinded by what the Roman Catholic Church did to obfuscate Yahuweh’s commands. Now, pagan traditions have been interspersed into the church, with children hunting for “Easter eggs” which was a form of worship to a pagan god going back to Ishtar. Yahuweh specifically told us to never use another god’s form of worships, not even to worship him. He hates it. Those in ignorance can be forgiven (I would assume Yahuweh would forgive it, but I don’t know), but once the truth is known, then to ignore what Yahuweh says is sin plain and simple.

I don’t think I showed how Passover was fulfilled exactly on the day Yahuweh said and how he said it would be. In 33 CE, the year of Yahushua’s sacrifice, Passover began on Thursday evening March 31st (Known as Nissan 14), this is when the last supper took place. It was still Passover when He became the perfect Passover Lamb on Friday afternoon the 1st of April (Nissan 15, known as the feast of Unleavened Bread began at sundown), sacrificing Himself on the upright pole. This accounting was recorded in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John’s eyewitness testimonies—all of which were in perfect harmony with Moses’ Levitical revelations in Chapters 23-25, with David’s 22nd Psalm, with Isaiah 52-53’s prophecies regarding the Suffering Servant, and with the precise Messianic timeline established by Daniel 9 and reaffirmed by Zechariah. This stuff is important enough to Yahuweh to tell us way ahead of time, so shouldn’t it be important enough for us to observe it as best as we can by doing it on the day he said to and not incorporating pagan traditions?

The second day, Nissan 15 begins Unleavened Bread. Leaven is symbolical of sin. The Passover sacrifice was designed to remove the sin, or leaven, from our bodies. In Exodus 13:9 we learn that it is a sign (i.e. prophetic) and that it is to be remembered and observed forever. The root word of the name of this feast “Chag,” “commemorates a terrifying sacrificial pilgrimage.” This is exactly what Yahushua did on that very day. No matter what day of the week Unleavened Bread falls on, it is a Sabbath, because we are not to work for our salvation, Yahushua did it for us on this day as a gift to us.

The third day, Nissan 16, is the Feast of Firstfruits. Yahuweh told the Israelites about the feast ahead of time in Leviticus 23:9-14, but it was never celebrated until they entered the Promised Land. Yahuweh did not designate a specific day for the feast, other than it was to be on the day they entered the land, and then it would always be on that day each year forever. Coincidentally (not really, since there are no coincidences with Yahuweh) they entered the land and celebrated Firstfruits the day after Unleavened Bread began, see Joshua 5:10-12. Leviticus 23:11 says that the priest shall wave the gathering before Yahuweh. Yahushua did this on this day when he came back. When he first saw Mary and Mary he told them he had not yet seen his father, afterward, he was not in such a hurry. During this time he presented the firstfruits to Yahuweh, again on the very day the feast was for. In the Leviticus verses, the grain is mixed with olive oil. Olive oil is symbolic of the Spirit, which is mixed with us, the grain. The firstfruits that were presented were those that rose after him.

Psalm 119 was brought to my attention today [thanks Robski]. I remember being in either jr. high or high school and we were doing memory verses in Sunday school. I was ambitious and wanted to memorize this chapter, the longest in Scripture (at least the most verses). It is actually a great chapter to memorize. It is an extensive poem about keeping Yahuweh’s statutes and walking in his ways. I found it very enlightening and uplifting. I’ll end with it pasted below:

ALEPH
1 Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to Yahweh's law.
2 Blessed are those who keep his statutes, who seek him with their whole heart.
3 Yes, they do nothing wrong. They walk in his ways.
4 You have commanded your precepts, that we should fully obey them.
5 Oh that my ways were steadfast to obey your statutes!
6 Then I wouldn't be disappointed, when I consider all of your commandments.
7 I will give thanks to you with uprightness of heart, when I learn your righteous judgments.
8 I will observe your statutes. Don't utterly forsake me.
BET
9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word.
10 With my whole heart, I have sought you. Don't let me wander from your commandments.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
12 Blessed are you, Yahweh. Teach me your statutes.
13 With my lips, I have declared all the ordinances of your mouth.
14 I have rejoiced in the way of your testimonies, as much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate on your precepts, and consider your ways.
16 I will delight myself in your statutes. I will not forget your word.
GIMEL
17 Do good to your servant. I will live and I will obey your word.
18 Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things out of your law.
19 I am a stranger on the earth. Don't hide your commandments from me.
20 My soul is consumed with longing for your ordinances at all times.
21 You have rebuked the proud who are cursed, who wander from your commandments.
22 Take reproach and contempt away from me, for I have kept your statutes.
23 Though princes sit and slander me, your servant will meditate on your statutes.
24 Indeed your statutes are my delight, and my counselors.
DALED
25 My soul is laid low in the dust. Revive me according to your word!
26 I declared my ways, and you answered me. Teach me your statutes.
27 Let me understand the teaching of your precepts! Then I will meditate on your wondrous works.
28 My soul is weary with sorrow: strengthen me according to your word.
29 Keep me from the way of deceit. Grant me your law graciously!
30 I have chosen the way of truth. I have set your ordinances before me.
31 I cling to your statutes, Yahweh. Don't let me be disappointed.
32 I run in the path of your commandments, for you have set my heart free.
HEY
33 Teach me, Yahweh, the way of your statutes. I will keep them to the end.
34 Give me understanding, and I will keep your law. Yes, I will obey it with my whole heart.
35 Direct me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in them.
36 Turn my heart toward your statutes, not toward selfish gain.
37 Turn my eyes away from looking at worthless things. Revive me in your ways.
38 Fulfill your promise to your servant, that you may be feared.
39 Take away my disgrace that I dread, for your ordinances are good.
40 Behold, I long for your precepts! Revive me in your righteousness.
WAW
41 Let your loving kindness also come to me, Yahweh, your salvation, according to your word.
42 So I will have an answer for him who reproaches me, for I trust in your word.
43 Don't snatch the word of truth out of my mouth, for I put my hope in your ordinances.
44 So I will obey your law continually, forever and ever.
45 I will walk in liberty, for I have sought your precepts.
46 I will also speak of your statutes before kings, and will not be disappointed.
47 I will delight myself in your commandments, because I love them.
48 I reach out my hands for your commandments, which I love. I will meditate on your statutes.
ZAYIN
49 Remember your word to your servant, because you gave me hope.
50 This is my comfort in my affliction, for your word has revived me.
51 The arrogant mock me excessively, but I don't swerve from your law.
52 I remember your ordinances of old, Yahweh, and have comforted myself.
53 Indignation has taken hold on me, because of the wicked who forsake your law.
54 Your statutes have been my songs, in the house where I live.
55 I have remembered your name, Yahweh, in the night, and I obey your law.
56 This is my way, that I keep your precepts.
CHET
57 Yahweh is my portion. I promised to obey your words.
58 I sought your favor with my whole heart. Be merciful to me according to your word.
59 I considered my ways, and turned my steps to your statutes.
60 I will hurry, and not delay, to obey your commandments.
61 The ropes of the wicked bind me, but I won't forget your law.
62 At midnight I will rise to give thanks to you, because of your righteous ordinances.
63 I am a friend of all those who fear you, of those who observe your precepts.
64 The earth is full of your loving kindness, Yahweh. Teach me your statutes.
TET
65 Do good to your servant, according to your word, Yahweh.
66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe in your commandments.
67 Before I was afflicted, I went astray; but now I observe your word.
68 You are good, and do good. Teach me your statutes.
69 The proud have smeared a lie upon me. With my whole heart, I will keep your precepts.
70 Their heart is as callous as the fat, but I delight in your law.
71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I may learn your statutes.
72 The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of pieces of gold and silver.
YUD
73 Your hands have made me and formed me. Give me understanding, that I may learn your commandments.
74 Those who fear you will see me and be glad, because I have put my hope in your word.
75 Yahweh, I know that your judgments are righteous, that in faithfulness you have afflicted me.
76 Please let your loving kindness be for my comfort, according to your word to your servant.
77 Let your tender mercies come to me, that I may live; for your law is my delight.
78 Let the proud be disappointed, for they have overthrown me wrongfully. I will meditate on your precepts.
79 Let those who fear you turn to me. They will know your statutes.
80 Let my heart be blameless toward your decrees, that I may not be disappointed.
KAF
81 My soul faints for your salvation. I hope in your word.
82 My eyes fail for your word. I say, "When will you comfort me?"
83 For I have become like a wineskin in the smoke. I don't forget your statutes.
84 How many are the days of your servant? When will you execute judgment on those who persecute me?
85 The proud have dug pits for me, contrary to your law.
86 All of your commandments are faithful. They persecute me wrongfully. Help me!
87 They had almost wiped me from the earth, but I didn't forsake your precepts.
88 Preserve my life according to your loving kindness, so I will obey the statutes of your mouth.
LAMED
89 Yahweh, your word is settled in heaven forever.
90 Your faithfulness is to all generations. You have established the earth, and it remains.
91 Your laws remain to this day, for all things serve you.
92 Unless your law had been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction.
93 I will never forget your precepts, for with them, you have revived me.
94 I am yours. Save me, for I have sought your precepts.
95 The wicked have waited for me, to destroy me. I will consider your statutes.
96 I have seen a limit to all perfection, but your commands are boundless.
MEM
97 How I love your law! It is my meditation all day.
98 Your commandments make me wiser than my enemies, for your commandments are always with me.
99 I have more understanding than all my teachers, for your testimonies are my meditation.
100 I understand more than the aged, because I have kept your precepts.
101 I have kept my feet from every evil way, that I might observe your word.
102 I have not turned aside from your ordinances, for you have taught me.
103 How sweet are your promises to my taste, more than honey to my mouth!
104 Through your precepts, I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way.
NUN
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light for my path.
106 I have sworn, and have confirmed it, that I will obey your righteous ordinances.
107 I am afflicted very much. Revive me, Yahweh, according to your word.
108 Accept, I beg you, the willing offerings of my mouth. Yahweh, teach me your ordinances.
109 My soul is continually in my hand, yet I won't forget your law.
110 The wicked have laid a snare for me, yet I haven't gone astray from your precepts.
111 I have taken your testimonies as a heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart.
112 I have set my heart to perform your statutes forever, even to the end.
SAMEKH
113 I hate double-minded men, but I love your law.
114 You are my hiding place and my shield. I hope in your word.
115 Depart from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commandments of my God.
116 Uphold me according to your word, that I may live. Let me not be ashamed of my hope.
117 Hold me up, and I will be safe, and will have respect for your statutes continually.
118 You reject all those who stray from your statutes, for their deceit is in vain.
119 You put away all the wicked of the earth like dross. Therefore I love your testimonies.
120 My flesh trembles for fear of you. I am afraid of your judgments.
AYIN
121 I have done what is just and righteous. Don't leave me to my oppressors.
122 Ensure your servant's well-being. Don't let the proud oppress me.
123 My eyes fail looking for your salvation, for your righteous word.
124 Deal with your servant according to your loving kindness. Teach me your statutes.
125 I am your servant. Give me understanding, that I may know your testimonies.
126 It is time to act, Yahweh, for they break your law.
127 Therefore I love your commandments more than gold, yes, more than pure gold.
128 Therefore I consider all of your precepts to be right. I hate every false way.
PEY
129 Your testimonies are wonderful, therefore my soul keeps them.
130 The entrance of your words gives light. It gives understanding to the simple.
131 I opened my mouth wide and panted, for I longed for your commandments.
132 Turn to me, and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name.
133 Establish my footsteps in your word. Don't let any iniquity have dominion over me.
134 Redeem me from the oppression of man, so I will observe your precepts.
135 Make your face shine on your servant. Teach me your statutes.
136 Streams of tears run down my eyes, because they don't observe your law.
TZADI
137 You are righteous, Yahweh. Your judgments are upright.
138 You have commanded your statutes in righteousness. They are fully trustworthy.
139 My zeal wears me out, because my enemies ignore your words.
140 Your promises have been thoroughly tested, and your servant loves them.
141 I am small and despised. I don't forget your precepts.
142 Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness. Your law is truth.
143 Trouble and anguish have taken hold of me. Your commandments are my delight.
144 Your testimonies are righteous forever. Give me understanding, that I may live.
KUF
145 I have called with my whole heart. Answer me, Yahweh! I will keep your statutes.
146 I have called to you. Save me! I will obey your statutes.
147 I rise before dawn and cry for help. I put my hope in your words.
148 My eyes stay open through the night watches, that I might meditate on your word.
149 Hear my voice according to your loving kindness. Revive me, Yahweh, according to your ordinances.
150 They draw near who follow after wickedness. They are far from your law.
151 You are near, Yahweh. All your commandments are truth.
152 Of old I have known from your testimonies, that you have founded them forever.
RESH
153 Consider my affliction, and deliver me, for I don't forget your law.
154 Plead my cause, and redeem me! Revive me according to your promise.
155 Salvation is far from the wicked, for they don't seek your statutes.
156 Great are your tender mercies, Yahweh. Revive me according to your ordinances.
157 Many are my persecutors and my adversaries. I haven't swerved from your testimonies.
158 I look at the faithless with loathing, because they don't observe your word.
159 Consider how I love your precepts. Revive me, Yahweh, according to your loving kindness.
160 All of your words are truth. Every one of your righteous ordinances endures forever.
SIN AND SHIN
161 Princes have persecuted me without a cause, but my heart stands in awe of your words.
162 I rejoice at your word, as one who finds great spoil.
163 I hate and abhor falsehood. I love your law.
164 Seven times a day, I praise you, because of your righteous ordinances.
165 Those who love your law have great peace. Nothing causes them to stumble.
166 I have hoped for your salvation, Yahweh. I have done your commandments.
167 My soul has observed your testimonies. I love them exceedingly.
168 I have obeyed your precepts and your testimonies, for all my ways are before you.
TAV
169 Let my cry come before you, Yahweh. Give me understanding according to your word.
170 Let my supplication come before you. Deliver me according to your word.
171 Let my lips utter praise, for you teach me your statutes.
172 Let my tongue sing of your word, for all your commandments are righteousness.
173 Let your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen your precepts.
174 I have longed for your salvation, Yahweh. Your law is my delight.
175 Let my soul live, that I may praise you. Let your ordinances help me.
176 I have gone astray like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I don't forget your commandments. A Song of Ascents.

Offline jojocc  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 4:16:13 AM(UTC)
jojocc

Did you know that in Hebrew, this Psalm is very special. In verse aleph, all the lines start with the letter aleph, in bet they start with bet etc... the whole way through the alephbet, that is why it is so long.

There are also many rhythms and rhymes when it is read by someone who reads Hebrew well. A very special Psalm.

And thank you for your post Icy, it is good to have all the relevant verses to hand :-) is it okay if I copy and paste and send it to a friend of mine - I won't say I wrote it :-)
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 4:44:10 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

I was aware of that about this Psalm, jojo. I wish I could read and speak Hebrew well, because I would love to be able to read it that way.

You are welcome for the post. That is the precise reason I posted it, I figured you all might want to send something similar to friends. So, feel free to use it.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:25:55 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
its just awesome :)

been a stressful time recently, and we have sometimes felt like whats the point in all this stuff - is it even right? Christian friends are still going on at church and meeting regularly and worshiping together, we don't get the same anymore. So I was praying and Yah kinda led me to this Psalm in a very strange way, but it was awesome confirmation. I have always liked it as it really reflects how my heart feels for Yah's precepts.

Glad it was good to post that simple post :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:44:07 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Thanks Rob.

I know what you mean. We stopped going to church with plans to try out some other places, but my wife misses her christian friends and the fellowship. So, she wants to go back to the church I can't stand. I've gone with her, but I just sit there and tear apart alot of what is said (silently). Yah gave you that Psalm at just the right time, because I needed it too, especially when I have my mother (and probably everyone else) telling my wife that I am legalistic.
Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:27:52 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello All,

It does hurt when we do not have a chance to get together like the Christians, doesn't it? Well, I've been out on the fringe for years now and have become immune to such emotions. While I do want very much to meet with my brethren in Yahushua, I understand very much the limitations that deny us congregating together.

That said, another way to interact with brethren is to make Qodeshim of others around us! Sitting in a pew just to have social interaction with unbelievers is not going to fill that hole! So we have to be aware of the people around us and start putting out feelers. Engage with those interested in knowing more, but do not waste time trying to convert everyone. Many are called but few are chosen. But do not deny anyone the opportunity to know Yahweh just because they are of a different stature, whether poor or rich. If they talk to us, we should respond. If we can talk to them, we should. If they are the type who are obstinately faithful to their religion, then there is little we can do for them. So it is share a bit here and there and see what pops up. Spread the seed and see what grows. Some seeds fall on the good soil, some between tares and some on unproductive ground. We shall not be judged by how many we convert so there is no competition. But we shall be judged by how we grow in His grace and mercy with the His Set-Apart Spirit, and we shall do well if we can manifest the love of His Spirit through our actions for Him and for each other. Love Yahweh and love each other. Seek not to fulfilled by others who deny Him because it shall be in vain.

Shalom Aleichem!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yada  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2008 5:22:09 PM(UTC)
Yada

I've reprinted below the opening to Pope Benedict's Passover greeting and underlined the portion I can't quite figure out - exactly what "biblical narrative" is he speaking of that establishes 'Easter?'

Quote:
To the Jewish community on the Feast of Pesah

My visit to the United States offers me the occasion to extend a warm and heartfelt greeting to my Jewish brothers and sisters in this country and throughout the world. A greeting that is all the more spiritually intense because the great feast of Pesah is approaching. "This day shall be for you a memorial day, and you shall keep it as a feast to the Lord; throughout your generations you shall observe it as an ordinance for ever" (Exodus 12: 14). While the Christian celebration of Easter differs in many ways from your celebration of Pesah, we understand and experience it in continuation with the biblical narrative of the mighty works which the Lord accomplished for his people.

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2008 12:01:12 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

Pesach is upon us! All that thinking and waiting and asking over the past few months and it has suddenly reached us, and many of us are eager to celebrate it as best as we can according to our circumstances.

For some of us, the circumstances are a result of coming out of popular religion, moving away from congregations that profess the Creator and the Saviour in ways that are not in sync with His Word. While we try to move on to higher levels of understanding, and change our behaviour accordingly until eventually the fullness of the Set-Apart Spirit is reflected in our personal being, it also sets us apart from mainstram religions as night is from day.

Trying to understand what Benedict means by the Christian celebration being a continuation of the biblical narrative simply means that the Christians have found a deeper meaning in the Sacrifice than the Passover as traditionally celebrated by the Hebrews. This is as far as it goes for them, but not for us for we know that the real meaning of the Sacrifice is not limited to Good Friday or the communion host and wine.

Few churches teach about the Miqra as a timeline for The Creator's plan of Salvation. Few churches teach of the Creator fulfilling the first three according to plan, and the impending completion of the coming four. Will they eventually preach it? I think not as it would then be known that a lie has been told for the past millenia, and that if mankind has only a couple of decades left it would be hard to squeeze them for profit if the truth were known as people would simply (a) flee, or (b) stop to throw stones instead of money, or (c) fight to the death as it is coming anyway, or (d) party like there is no tomorrow because there is no tomorrow!

Two more decades of lies... just two more. For many of us here, it seems too long to endure, but I can tell you that it shall pass quite fast and for some of us we may wonder if we can change accordingly in time to be worthy of the Lamb whom we celebrate tomorrow.

Blessed Pesach!

Edited by user Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:06:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Noach  
#9 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2008 5:23:43 PM(UTC)
Noach

All,

I am curious as to when everyone will be celebrating the Passover meal. My family will be celebrating the Passover meal tonight at sunset on the west coast. Yahuweh's direction was: "In the first month on the fourteenth day at twilight is Yahuweh's Passover" (Exodus 23:5). If we wait until the end of the fourteenth we will really be celebrating the Passover meal on the fifteenth. If Yahushua waited until the end of the fourteenth, He would have celebrated the Passover meal from inside the tomb. What are everyone's thoughts.

Noach

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#10 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 4:35:21 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Hi Noach, we did discuss this at some length somewhere else... :) I will find it and post the link :)

http://yadanews.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=792

its thr sticky at the top of the forums lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Yada  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 12:12:01 PM(UTC)
Yada

Yada has added some additional material about Joseph`s time in Egypt to the Pecach chapter in YY. I told him that I really enjoyed reading it. His response:

Quote:
That section almost got cut because my lead into it doesn't exist in the DSS. I went into his history because the Masoretic says that Yowseph was already in Misraym. So, I thought a prophetic comparison was appropriate. But when I did my DSS review of the passages, I found that the rabbis added the reference. The reason is probably that the Torah was one book. Religious men divided it into five books with chapters and verses--which has been a disaster for understanding. As one book, the reference isn't needed, because the last third of Genesis is ocused on Yowseph in Egypt. Context is everything.

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline sirgodfrey  
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 8:30:10 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Quote:
Seek not to fulfilled by others who deny Him because it shall be in vain.

How true is this statement. wow.
Offline dodi  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 9:01:57 AM(UTC)
dodi
Woman

Icy wrote:
I was aware of that about this Psalm, jojo. I wish I could read and speak Hebrew well, because I would love to be able to read it that way.

You are welcome for the post. That is the precise reason I posted it, I figured you all might want to send something similar to friends. So, feel free to use it.

Here is a link where you can hear Psalms 119 spoken in Hebrew
http://www.aoal.org/Hebrew/Audi...27_Psalms/27-Psa_119.mp3

If you use this link http://www.aoal.org/hebrew_audiobible.html you can hear any part of the OT spoken in Hebrew and they also have some scriptures that you can hear in Aramaic.
Offline Icy  
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2009 4:10:45 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Thank you for that Dodi.
Offline dodi  
#15 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2009 9:20:58 PM(UTC)
dodi
Woman

you're welcome
Offline James  
#16 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2009 7:31:02 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Thanks for posting this Icey, it does a great job of consolidating the essential verses that not only glorify passover, but tear down the myth of easter. this is a great article and I intend to share it with my friends and family, as others should. I fear it will most often fall on deaf ears, but if it opens the eyes of one person, then your effort was more than worth it. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline bitnet  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 12:08:53 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Well, we're here again... and finding the same confusion. I was just told by a Nazarene Messianic not to look at the rabbinical calendar and to celebrate Pesach on 10 April 2009. But I know that the full moon is on 9 April! Even if the Messianics do not see eye to eye with the orthodox Jews, can't they even agree on the calendar? Anyway, another Messianic congregation is celebrating Pesach on 8 April 2009, with the seder served on the night of 8 April while another congregation contends that the seder should be served on the night of 9 April. They have the same dates Yada published but follow different practices. How so?
Offline kp  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 5:24:52 AM(UTC)
kp

I was chatting via email with a friend the other day, and he brought up the same subject. Here's my response...

Keeping the Passover literally today is impossible for both gentiles and Jews living outside of Israel. The instructions are specifically to Israelites (Ex 12:3). They are to gather (one of three times per year---Deut 16:16) "in the place where Yahweh your God chooses to put His name," i.e. Jerusalem (Deut 16:2). You can't do it at home, for Moses says, "You may not sacrifice the Passover within any of your gates which Yahweh your God gives you." (Deut 16:5) Even if you could, are you prepared to bring a live lamb into your house on the tenth of Nisan and keep it there until you butcher it yourself on the fourteenth? These factors and dozens of others highlight the fact that by definition, if you attempt to hold a Passover seder where you live, you will be violating the Torah---the very thing you were trying to avoid. You can't just make up new rules because Yahweh's instructions are impractical or inconvenient. (Well, you can---but it's not a good idea to replace your relationship with God with a man-made religion.)

So what are we to do? Speaking for myself, I make it a point to remember the fact that the Passover is a sign pointing the way to a destination we have already reached. It is but a shadow cast by an opaque reality. It was fulfilled in every detail in the life and sacrifice of Yahshua. It's requirements have already been satisfied, forever and for all time. To "keep" the Passover now must be to embrace the destination, the reality, that the ritual represented.

Don't get me wrong. I see no reason not to get together with friends on Passover (or any other day) and celebrate the sacrifice of the Messiah. But don't kid yourself: you're not literally keeping the Passover. It can't be done.

kp
Offline Matthew  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 12:15:24 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

So is it OK to roast a piece of lamb over a fire, have a glass of wine with unleavened bread and bitter herbs? I think it's cool, but is it really? Because that's how I plan to spend the evening. Not trying to keep it literally, but symbolically doing what I can in rememberance of Yahshua. Obviously I'll read relevant Scripture passages and meditate on Yahshua's crucifixion.

I just hope I can get off work, because I work evenings ;)

If I don't get around to doing it, no worries, but I will still try make an effort to remember it as "a sign pointing the way to the destination we have already reached", that of being a child of God.
Offline In His Name  
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 4:49:20 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Matthew wrote:
So is it OK to roast a piece of lamb over a fire, have a glass of wine with unleavened bread and bitter herbs?

That is my plan Matthew. I have a lot of vacation time this year so used it to take off all of the Miqra days.

A little lamb, some discussion about the Miqra in general and Passover in specific, and family time.

Hope everyone finds the time to acknowledge and reflect on the marvelous gift this Miqra foretold.

Shalom
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline In His Name  
#21 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 4:58:09 AM(UTC)
In His Name

kp wrote:
Don't get me wrong. I see no reason not to get together with friends on Passover (or any other day) and celebrate the sacrifice of the Messiah. But don't kid yourself: you're not literally keeping the Passover. It can't be done.
kp

KP this reminded me of a question I had about the Miqra in during Yahushua's reign on earth. Sorry if I missed it in your writings. How would everyone return to Jerusulem for the 3 feasts per year? Do you think "we" will get new instructions, will the gentiles send "representatives"?

Any thoughts?
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline kp  
#22 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 8:41:48 AM(UTC)
kp

The three-gatherings-a-year precept was designed for Israelites living within the land. The whole place is less than 200 miles from end to end, and Jerusalem is toward the middle, so it was emminently doable as a practical matter. Most of Israel's population could walk it in a day or two (and remember, only the men were required to go, though families were welcomed). There is no indication that Yahshua did not routinely keep the "feasts" all His life.

If memory serves, the only miqra the gentiles will be required to attend, or at least send representatives to, during the Millennium is the Feast of Tabernacles. I cover it in FH in chapters 25 and 26. I can guarantee that we'll be doing things differently during the Millennium. We were given some insight in the later chapters of Ezekiel, but he can't have told us everything. Bear in mind that the earth will host two "races" during that time---mortals and immortals---who have entirely different capabilities. I don't know how it's all going to work, but sorting it out promises to be fun.

kp
Offline edStueart  
#23 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 10:09:23 AM(UTC)
edStueart

kp wrote:
We were given some insight in the later chapters of Ezekiel, but he can't have told us everything. Bear in mind that the earth will host two "races" during that time---mortals and immortals---who have entirely different capabilities. I don't know how it's all going to work, but sorting it out promises to be fun.

Indeed. The other day my father said that some of us will be required to attend Theology 101 immediately after the 'gathering up' of the believers, while others are going to be able to explore 'the heavens'.

(I think he was hinting that I would have to be attending 'summer school' while everyone else who did their studying in this lifetime gets to 'go out and play'...)
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline In His Name  
#24 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 11:29:06 AM(UTC)
In His Name

kp wrote:
I cover it in FH in chapters 25 and 26. I can guarantee that we'll be doing things differently during the Millennium. We were given some insight in the later chapters of Ezekiel, but he can't have told us everything. Bear in mind that the earth will host two "races" during that time---mortals and immortals---who have entirely different capabilities. I don't know how it's all going to work, but sorting it out promises to be fun.
kp

Thanks, I will go back and review these, maybe that will help keep me out of Summer School with Ed. ;)
Offline sirgodfrey  
#25 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 5:19:40 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Quote:
Thanks, I will go back and review these, maybe that will help keep me out of Summer School with Ed. ;)

LOL :)
Offline Matthew  
#26 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 2:19:41 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

How much does Summer School cost? :b
Offline kp  
#27 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 4:03:16 AM(UTC)
kp

Cost? Oh, it's horrendously expensive. The blood of Yahshua, quarts of it. The good news is that the tuition has already been paid. Yahweh gave all of His own kids a scholarship. And the term ain't so long---as in instantaneous: "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." (I Corinthians 13:11-13)

kp
Offline James  
#28 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 4:27:46 AM(UTC)
James
Man

kp wrote:
Cost? Oh, it's horrendously expensive. The blood of Yahshua, quarts of it. The good news is that the tuition has already been paid. Yahweh gave all of His own kids a scholarship.

Perfectly stated as usual KP

Offline Matthew  
#29 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 4:31:08 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

LOL!

So there you go Ed, tie kp's post with 1 John 3:2 and you don't have to attend Summer School!

"Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."

Let's hope being "like him" also includes in knowledge too ;)
Offline Matthew  
#30 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 4:44:30 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Matthew wrote:
How much does Summer School cost? :b

Let me rephrase after much thought: How much does Summer School cost? Do you think my parents [read: Old Man, as in Father Yahweh] can afford it?
Offline kp  
#31 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 5:22:27 AM(UTC)
kp

Can He afford it? Yeah, but He's only going to do this once!

kp
Offline In His Name  
#32 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 6:56:48 AM(UTC)
In His Name

kp wrote:
Cost? Oh, it's horrendously expensive. The blood of Yahshua, quarts of it. The good news is that the tuition has already been paid. Yahweh gave all of His own kids a scholarship. And the term ain't so long---as in instantaneous: "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." (I Corinthians 13:11-13)

kp

Awesome comeback KP :)

Ed, in retrospect, I am speechless that your father might actually be critical of your knowledge/works. I hope that statement was mostly your own self-deprecation. I see what you do as very significant in our Father's business. You are certainly well ahead of me in that regard.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#33 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 8:05:54 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Matthew wrote:

Let's hope being "like him" also includes in knowledge too ;)

Let's hope being "like him" also includes a radiant halo around our heads too. LOL.
Offline pew sitter  
#34 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 7:59:07 PM(UTC)
pew sitter

One thing that has always confused me a little is the actual timing of Passover dinner. I thought that Yahshua was sacrificed and died roughly the same time that the 'sacrificial lamb' was in the Temple. That would make the eating of lamb (given that it had to be cooked and apparently this took quite a long time for a 1 year old lamb) would be that evening - the first day of Unleavened Bread.

Aren't there also Scriptural instructions that the Pesach must only be eaten with unleavened bread? Does this support the idea that the actual dinner was eaten the first day of Unleavened Bread and not the day before at the start of Passover?
Offline bitnet  
#35 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2009 1:35:31 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shabbat Shalom,

Understood what KP said and also did some more reading on Karaite Korner.

"To summarize, the Torah describes the time of the Passover Sacrifice with three different expressions: "At Sunset", "At Evening", "Between the Two Evenings". All three of these terms refer to the early evening, shortly after sunset."

Putting it all together and I got the message that the day of Pesach starts on the 14th day because it was the day of The Sacrifice. The commandment to eat the Passover meal was in the evening before the 15th day because The Sacrifice happened in the afternoon of the 14th day. Now with this understanding, is it wrong to eat the meal on the night of the 14th day? Not really, because like KP says, it is an observance of a memorial. What we eat and when we eat it on the day of Pesach would not make much of a difference as long as we get the meaning of the day correct. It would be nice to get the day correct as well, but it would not make us any less "holy" if we did not, for even if we did get the day correct how can we actually keep it perfect for 24 hours in our mortal state?

Another thing is that since it ties in with the full moon, there really is no excuse for saying we do not really know which calendar to follow! The rabbis have their own, the Karaites perhaps another, the Messianics yet another, but the full moon is the full moon! Unlike the new moon where sighting may be subjective, it is quite hard to debate a full moon. Perhaps this is why Abba Yahweh chose the full moon for the first Miqra as well.

And as usual, the rabbis throw up all sorts of doubts regarding what may be eaten or drank as far as the leaven is concerned. Well, have a think about it and you'll probably get your answers regarding beans, lentils, MSG, wine...

So all I can say is, have a good time remembering His Miqra next week! By the way, I found a recipe for cooking lamb in a crockpot!
Offline kp  
#36 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2009 5:14:04 AM(UTC)
kp

Quote:
By the way, I found a recipe for cooking lamb in a crockpot!

I had to laugh out loud at that one, bitnet. It's a perfect illustration of why Yahweh would have had a really hard time defining the Passover (or anything else in the Torah) in any society more technologically sophisticated than Bronze Age Israel. He clearly said that the lamb---the whole thing---was to be roasted over a fire, not boiled. It's a picture of judgment, i.e., separation, as gold is "judged" in the fire, separating the pure metal from the dross. For breakfast this morning, I threw something leftover in the microwave. (I normally just have a bowl of cereal on the Sabbath so I won't be "cooking.") And I found myself wondering, "Does this constitute "kindling a fire," something that was specifically prohibited in the Torah? The point is, if we don't perceive the real lessons of the Torah's precepts---including the observance of a miqra like the Passover---living in the modern world is going to screw us up royally.

kp
Offline James  
#37 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2009 4:52:07 AM(UTC)
James
Man

pew sitter wrote:
One thing that has always confused me a little is the actual timing of Passover dinner. I thought that Yahshua was sacrificed and died roughly the same time that the 'sacrificial lamb' was in the Temple. That would make the eating of lamb (given that it had to be cooked and apparently this took quite a long time for a 1 year old lamb) would be that evening - the first day of Unleavened Bread.

I've been think of this lately myself. If I have it right, and that is a big IF. using this year for example, Passover begins at Sundown Thursday, and ends at Sundown Friday. The meal eaten Thursday night did not contain the Passover Lamb, the Lamb was not sacrificed until sometime Friday afternoon, and then eaten Friday night, which would be the first meal the day starting the feast of Unleavened bread.

Therefore the last supper was the passover meal, in this case held Thursday night, and then the Messiah was captured, tried and beaten until he was finally crucified and allowed to die Friday afternoon. This probably occurred around the same time that the lamb was being sacrificed, and then eaten that night.

So THE lamb was not eaten until Unleavened bread, although given the time and the place a lamb could very well have been eaten both nights. lamb is delicious.

Did I miss something or does that sound about right?

Offline In His Name  
#38 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2009 5:39:29 AM(UTC)
In His Name

James wrote:
I've been think of this lately myself. If I have it right, and that is a big IF. using this year for example, Passover begins at Sundown Thursday, and ends at Sundown Friday. The meal eaten Thursday night did not contain the Passover Lamb, the Lamb was not sacrificed until sometime Friday afternoon, and then eaten Friday night, which would be the first meal the day starting the feast of Unleavened bread.

Therefore the last supper was the passover meal, in this case held Thursday night, and then the Messiah was captured, tried and beaten until he was finally crucified and allowed to die Friday afternoon. This probably occurred around the same time that the lamb was being sacrificed, and then eaten that night.

So THE lamb was not eaten until Unleavened bread, although given the time and the place a lamb could very well have been eaten both nights. lamb is delicious.

Did I miss something or does that sound about right?

As I read it the lamb is to be consumed that night, with any uneaten portion burned up in the fire before dawn. As the Exodus story these people were probably on the run by early the next day, fleeing their homes early, quickly and without their leavening.

Quote:
“Speak to the entire community of the Children of Yisra’el, and say this to them, ‘On the tenth of the month each man shall obtain a male lamb for himself and his home—a lamb according to their father’s households.’” (Exodus 12:1-3)

“And if the household is too small to endure with a lamb, then he and his neighbor who is near the household shall share according to the number of souls and according to the individual mouths to feed in computing the amount of lamb.” (Exodus 12:4)

“Your lamb shall exist as an unblemished male son, a year old. It may be taken from the sheep or from the female goats.” (Exodus 12:5)

“And they shall be with you, guarding and watching them until the fourteenth day of this month. And the whole assembled community of the Children of Yisra’el shall slaughter them around sundown.” (Exodus 12:6)

“You are to take a portion of the blood and put it on the two upright pillars of the doorway and on the lintel on the homes where you eat it inside.” (Exodus 12:7)

“Then eat the meat during the night, roasting this over a fire, and eat him with unleavened bread and bitter herbs.”

Do not eat any part of him/it raw or boiled, cooking it in water, but instead roasting it on a fire, its head and legs on him and his inner parts close by.” (Exodus 12:9)

“And you shall not have any leftovers from him come morning. The remainder of him upon the approach of morning shall be burned up in the fire.” (Exodus 12:10)

“And this is how you shall eat him/it, with the tie fastened around your waste, with your sandals on your feet and with your staff in your hand. You shall eat it quickly.” (Exodus 12:11)

“This is Passover according to Yahuweh.” (Exodus 12:11)
Offline James  
#39 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2009 7:06:14 AM(UTC)
James
Man

sounds firm, the night starting day thing throws me off a lot.

So the lamb was sacrificed almost simultaneously with,or just after, the sun going down to start passover, and cooked and consumed that night then?

So then the messiah was not sacrificed at the same time as the passover lamb, but still on passover.