logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sirgodfrey  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2009 8:02:33 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Hell being tossed into the lake of fire, I am still confused as to what exactly the lake of fire is. I mean, i know that it is a place of judgement. Souls are in anguish and torment, but what about the fire part. in scripture the word used is "pyr" meaning fire. i am aware of fire being symbolic of judgement. but is it merely symbolic in the lake of fire? need some help understanding this. thanks.

YHWH Tsidkenu
Offline Noach  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2009 8:50:23 AM(UTC)
Noach

Sirdogfrey,

As far as I understand it, the "lake of fire" is one of the descriptions for the place of separation (Gehenna/Abyss). Yahuwah also uses the description of a "fiery furnace" to describe what is in essence, a metaphor for the state of eternal anguish and despair. fire is used as a physical description for the state of emotional pain and despair that comes with eternal separation from Yahuwah. It is the best metaphor for the eternal pain that one will experience upon being forever separated from Yahuwah.

I hope this helps.

Noach
Offline sirgodfrey  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2009 9:22:38 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Thank you Noach, it def helps; however it brings about another question. If the separation from Yahuweh is what is causing so much pain and emotional torment, how can this be if they never knew Him? What basis is there for them being in anguish from being separated from Him if they have never communed with Him or walked with Him? Will He somehow reveal the love that they COULD have experienced?
Offline Matthew  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2009 10:14:59 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
sirgodfrey wrote:
Thank you Noach, it def helps; however it brings about another question. If the separation from Yahuweh is what is causing so much pain and emotional torment, how can this be if they never knew Him? What basis is there for them being in anguish from being separated from Him if they have never communed with Him or walked with Him? Will He somehow reveal the love that they COULD have experienced?

They'll realise what could've been, you know, "if only..." And plus they'll realise that life's over for them, there's no more, that's it, finito... that's all folks!
Offline Noach  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2009 10:51:36 AM(UTC)
Noach

Sirgodfrey/Matthew,

It could be that they will realize what could have been. I think though that this torment is more selfish and specific to the realization of the crushing emotional pain of separation within the oppressively dark and cold abyss. An abyss where as Yada describes it, time basically stands still under the weight of dark nothingness.

Noach
Offline James  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2009 7:29:38 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
If I understand it right the ones who will be in hell, are the ones that knew Yah, and rejected him, while leading others astray. So they did know him. Or at the very least knew he existed. But then there are those false teachers who don't necessarily know Yah, but know that what they teach is wrong and teach it anyway.

Either way Noach and Matthew are right in that they will realize it before their confinement.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand