logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline In His Name  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 7:33:47 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
For those of you working with muslims, the book below seems to have a unique point of attack. Seems to make sense, you gain some level of acceptance of the Gospel by not tearing down the Quran or Islam. Then hopefully that seed grows. I guess this would be the carrot as opposed to the stick approach.

I just ran across the book and thought it or the concept might be helpful for those with this calling .

Quote:
Glad News! God Loves You My Muslim Friend (Book)
By: Samy Tanagho

Author Samy Tanagho integrates all of the positive teachings in Islam concerning the Christian faith and Jesus Christ, to help Muslims believe the Gospel and to see the divinity of Jesus Christ and the salvation He wants Muslims to experience. The book highlights parallel passages in the Qur'an and the Bible about the person of Jesus Christ, such as His unique sinlessness and His unique virgin birth. The supernatural attributes of Jesus actually compel the conclusion that Jesus is more than a prophet! Throughout the book the author presents God's marvelous, unconditional love for the reader and how God longs for a personal relationship with us based on grace and not on human works or rituals.

In light of the keen desire of nearly every Muslim to seek God and to please God, "Glad News!" is customized for Muslim readers by establishing common ground, using some of their own beliefs as a stepping stone to the Gospel. Tanagho's book answers Muslim's most imporant questions about the Christian faith and penetrates their hearts with the gospel. This book is also designed to educate and equip Christians in effectively presenting the Biblical teaching to Muslims in a way that they can understand, relevant to their background, culture, and beliefs.
Product Details

* Paperback: 276 pages
* Publisher: Authentic Media (September 1, 2004)
* ISBN-10: 188454391X
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 5:42:13 AM(UTC)
kp

Please tell me this guy isn't saying that a Muslim can accept "Jesus" without leaving Islam. Even though (by satanic design) they're superfically similar in places, one is at war with the other. Is he saying that it's okay to spend the counterfeit dollar bills because they look the same as the real thing? The ends do not justify the means. You can't trick a pagan into becoming a believer with half truths---all you'll get is a confused pagan.

kp
Offline CK  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 10:29:16 AM(UTC)
CK

"all you'll get is a confused pagan...." Sounds like Christianity to me. :o)
Offline In His Name  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 2:15:37 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
kp wrote:
Please tell me this guy isn't saying that a Muslim can accept "Jesus" without leaving Islam. Even though (by satanic design) they're superfically similar in places, one is at war with the other. Is he saying that it's okay to spend the counterfeit dollar bills because they look the same as the real thing? The ends do not justify the means. You can't trick a pagan into becoming a believer with half truths---all you'll get is a confused pagan.

kp

Well, a confused pagan might be less likely to blow people up, so that might not be so bad. ;->

KP, you may be right and without someone reading the book I guess we won't know. I understood that he showcases the truths about "Jesus" that are written in the Quran (admittedly this would be a thin book) as a means to lower the barrier that a muslim would naturally have to listening to the Gospel. Then with defenses down and dialogue started, one could speak in more depth about Yahshua and salvation.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14