logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matthew  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:03:28 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
TOM II - Chapter 3 - A Land Set Apart

Quote:
(692) Follow Yahweh while leading His people. “And Yahweh said to Moses, ‘Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book. Now therefore, go, lead the people to the place of which I have spoken to you. Behold, My Angel shall go before you. Nevertheless, in the day when I visit for punishment, I will visit punishment upon them for their sin.’ So Yahweh plagued the people because of what they did with the calf which Aaron made.” (Exodus 32:33-35) I love a parade: Yahweh leads, followed by His angel, followed by Moses, followed by the people. A parade is supposed to follow a route and direction and pace set by the leader. But Moses discovered early in the game that the people don’t always follow the parade plan. They’ve been known to stop dead in their tracks, duck down alleyways, even turn around and go in the wrong direction. Moses told Yahweh that he was willing to take responsibility for those who refused to follow Him, but God, as always, let each individual choose his own fate—Moses couldn’t pay for the sins of the others. His job was to lead in the footsteps of Yahweh, not to force people to follow.

This passage contains the first Biblical mention of a “Book of Life” that contains the names of Yahweh’s redeemed. Note that our names are all apparently written there to begin with; they are only “blotted out” because we sin against Yahweh, that is, we fall short of His standards, we miss the target of perfection. The rub, of course, is that we’ve all done that, we’ve all fallen short of the glory of God. But notice the future tense: “I will blot him out; I will visit punishment upon them.” They had already sinned, but punishment had not yet fallen and their names has not yet been removed. We have our whole lifetimes (admittedly unpredictable in duration) in which to figure things out. If during that time we elect to receive the garments of righteousness Yahweh freely offers us—garments of light that obliterate our sins—then our names remain in the Book when we die. In the end, one has to choose to be taken out of Yahweh’s register of the living. If we elect not to avail ourselves of His grace, or worse, if we align ourselves with the spirit of the adversary, then the end of mortal life also marks the end of the privilege of remaining in the Lamb’s Book of Life, the Who’s Who of heaven.

I came across this passage and it got me thinking again, is every person's name written in the Lamb's Book of Life at birth or is it believing parents and their children in the case that children can till opt out by choosing to not love Yahweh? Or is this a matter of all are called but few are chosen? How does the Book of Life fit in with the Church's theory of the Age of Accountability? From Yada's writings in YY we find that if children of unbelievers die they simply pass from life to eternal death, rather than being raised to life.
Offline tdehaven  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:34:56 AM(UTC)
tdehaven

I was considering this very same thing along with the idea of the evil of abortion. I kept wondering why Satan along with his evil political institutional co-conspirators are all so intent on murdering unborn children. I came up with two ideas of which I am hoping someone can shed light.
#1. Abortion causes the mother & doctor and possibly the father to all commit murder which we all know is bad.
#2. Abortion snuffs out the existence of a child who could have potentially chosen to walk with Yahowah.
Let me elaborate on possibility #2. - I am not sure how the book of life works yet and so it is possible that I could be wrong. However, Christians almost universally believe that unborn children's souls are immediately taken to heaven to be with "the LORD". Now this is somewhat troubling to me because if this is true, then why would Satan work so hard to send all these children straight up to Heaven? Seems counter-productive to his mission to hinder Man's relationship with Yahowah. I mean, it's most likely that the mother and doctor were already out of relationship with Yahowah and destined for destruction anyhow. My theory is this: Satan knows something that we don't. That every child he can destroy before birth is not written in the book of life for one because they have no name. Considering the importance of names to God, I think this may be a big deal. Just as a note, my wife and I had a miscarriage and we actually gave our unborn child a name even though at the time we didn't know the power Yah places upon names.

If my theory is correct, then abortion creates three very evil results, 1. Murder, 2. Blood sacrifice as the child's blood is dumped into the water supply or landfill, 3. Destroying the child's soul eternally thus prohibiting Yah to expand his family with their potential. Indeed abortion may be almost as evil as religion itself.Angry

Please feel free to add to or refute my theory. Tony D.

Offline dajstill  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 12:25:20 PM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The original verse cited (Shemoth 32:33 - 35) was written about people who had already decided to be a part of Yahowah's family. There were the mixed multitude that chose to leave Mitsrayim, but fell quickly back into the pagan practices they learned back there in bondage. It seems the only people who "born" with their name recorded in the Book of Life are those that are born to parents who are already in relationship with Yahowah, or children being raised according to the covenant relationship (the sign being the circumcision of the sons).

One thing I have to remind myself of constantly is that this is about a relationship, not so much about eternity. Death is not "punishment" for man just as it is not "punishment" for animals. Eternal life with Yahowah is a gift, while punishment is reserved for those that are adversaries of Yahowah. Getting rid of the concept of people either going to heaven or burning in hell was the most freeing thing I left from religion. Understanding that "innocent" babies weren't going to be burning in torment for eternity because they were born to parents that didn't know Yahowah definitely helped my mind a lot.

Yes, abortion is wrong, evil, and vile. So is raising a child in religion - they both result in the same outcome for the child. The difference is a child raised in religion has a shot at finding Yahowah, but it isn't a good shot. Yahowah let's us know this.

The question comes with when does a child being raised within the covenant "choose" to continue to follow Yahowah, or leave the family relationship. I don't know that this is addressed, I haven't seen a definite idea of their being a particular "age" at which this decision must be made. What I do know is that relationship is a choice. What I feel is that if my children were to choose to leave this covenant relationship, I feel it would be a direct result of me not following Yahowah's advice (His torah) in how I raise them. My kids won't be lured away by the trappings of pagan worship (Christmas trees and Easter bunnies) unless I go and flirt with those pagan customs, thus wetting their appetites. What seems to be the consistent thing that turned the hearts of the children of Israel away from Yahowah was the desire for pagan worship - those customs and practices that Yahowah despises. In fact, Yahowah's consistent insistence on not performing pagan customs and practices in His face seem to really be about protecting our children. And it goes back to this Shemoth/Exodus verse - what gets you blotted out is the thing Yahowah tries hard to protect us from. Again showing what a loving Father He is.
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 3:14:43 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
The biggest difference between aborting a child and raising them in religion is that abortion takes away the child's free will, it's ability to choose Yah. Many here were raised in religion and came out it to know Yah, the aborted child never had that chance.

It's a great ploy for the adversary if you think about. He can't violate our free will, but we can violate each others, so he manipulates us into doing the dirty work for him.

The further question then becomes Yah throughout Scripture is not a fan of those that violate others free will, i.e. Pharaoh, so would a parent who murdered their child thus revoking it's free will be deserving of punishment and not just death?

As for the question of the age of a accountability my take on it is this. If a child is raised in the covenant he/she is part of the covenant, their is no age will they have to affirm this, they are part of the covenant up to and until they choose not to be. If a child at age 8 for whatever reason chooses to reject Yah and the covenant then he/she is free to make that choice, if at age 12, 15, 20 etc they make that choice then they are free to. So they are in the covenant until they choose not to be. As Dajstill said if you raise them right in the covenant I can't see why they would leave, especially if you have educated them about the Towrah.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Mike  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 7:29:52 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Instillation abortion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instillation_abortion

http://www.mccl.org/sali...cruel-and-dangerous.html

http://www.nrlc.org/abortion/ASMF/asmf9.html

http://realchoice.0catch...ary/weekly/aa063000a.htm

This procedure essentially chemically burns the fetus in the womb (belly), therefore offering their offspring to Molek.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloch

UserPostedImage

Lev 18:21 ‘And do not give any of your offspring to pass through to Moleḵ. And do not profane the Name of your Elohim. I am יהוה.

Lev 20:1 And יהוה spoke to Mosheh, saying,
Lev 20:2 “Say to the children of Yisra’ĕl, ‘Any man of the children of Yisra’ĕl, or of the strangers who sojourn in Yisra’ĕl, who gives any of his offspring to Moleḵ, shall certainly be put to death. The people of the land shall stone him with stones.
Lev 20:3 ‘And I, I shall set My face against that man, and shall cut him off from the midst of his people, because he has given of his offspring to Moleḵ, so as to defile My set-apart place and to profane My set-apart Name.
Lev 20:4 ‘And if the people of the land at all hide their eyes from the man, as he gives any of his offspring to Moleḵ, and they do not kill him,
Lev 20:5 then I shall set My face against that man and against his clan, and shall cut him off – and all who go whoring after him, even go whoring after Moleḵ – from the midst of their people.
Lev 20:6 ‘And the being who turns to mediums, and to spiritists, to go whoring after them, I shall set My face against that being and cut him off from the midst of his people.
Lev 20:7 ‘And you shall set yourselves apart, and shall be set-apart, for I am יהוה your Elohim,

2Ki 23:10 And he defiled Topheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, so that no man could make his son or his daughter pass through the fire to Moleḵ.

Jer 32:35 “And they built the high places of Baʽal which are in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to offer up their sons and their daughters to Moleḵ, which I did not command them, nor did it come into My heart, that they should do this abomination, to make Yehuḏah sin.

Shalom
Offline dajstill  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:09:16 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Great point Mike on abortion being akin to child sacrifice. There are driven by the exact same thing - wanting "rewards" for the life of a child. In abortion, that reward might be keeping a boyfriend, going to college, or simply have more "me" time. I assume the request to Molek were akin to wanting sometime for "me" for the life of a child. Once again we are seeing there is nothing new "under the sun".