logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Theophilus  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 1:22:54 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I was reading up on the possible pause in hostilities between Hamas and the IDF in the Jerusalem Post and noticed an op-ed article which readers of FH may not be surprised to see except that the signs are coming this early:

http://www.jpost.com/ser...t%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

I'd expect to see Turkey increasing in Iran's sphere or possible a partnership alliance in coming days. While it doesn't look like it's here yet the trends seem to be appearing already.

Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:19:39 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Yeah, read that article in the JPost and replied to it as well. I guess they cannot help being who they are. As Popeye sez, "Ah yam wat ah yam."
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 12:19:35 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I've been reading FH this past week in regards to the order of the Gog and Magog battle.

From what kp has explained I get that at first Egypt and Syria try pincer attack Israel, just like they did in 1967 and 73, and that Antichrist then responds and overcomes Egypt and some of it's African allies at the same time, as mentioned in Daniel 11:40-45. And while this is happening the Muslim horde (Gog and Magog) make way to Israel to attack the land of unwalled villages. In verse 8 of Ezekiel 38 it says that Israel has recovered from war so I'm not sure if it's describing this Antichrist war against Egypt and Syria or it's a general term describing all the wars it has faced since it's independence. Anyway, the Antichrist then responds to this alarming news of the army from the north and east, and Ezekiel 38 indicates that Gog comes from the land of Magog in verse 1-2 and in verses 14-15 it says Gog comes from the far north, and by looking at Middle East map it seems to be pointing towards Syria and Turkey, with Iraq and Iran out East.

Ezekiel 38:1-2 "The word of the LORD came to me: "Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal; prophesy against him"

Ezekiel 38:14-15 "Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: In that day, when my people Israel are living in safety, will you not take notice of it? You will come from your place in the far north, you and many nations with you, all of them riding on horses, a great horde, a mighty army.'"

Verse 15 tells us that many nations will come out with Gog (the leader). Maybe this leader just happens to be from Iran, but living in Turkey, who really fits the bill especially when it comes to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Ezekiel 38:11-12 and Psalm 83:4,12, though pretty much any Muslim thinks upon the same lines. At the moment Turkey are too secular but with a few more of these Israel-Hamas wars and with the sinpiration of Gog it will be very easy for Turkey to become a member of the Magog alliance. Could the word Magog just be a general term for the Islamic nations, the land where Islam is?

Ezekiel 38:11-12 You will say, "I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people—all of them living without walls and without gates and bars. I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land."

Psalm 83:4,12 "Come," they say, "let us destroy them as a nation, that the name of Israel be remembered no more." and "Let us take possession of the pasturelands of God."
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 6:12:48 AM(UTC)
kp

Matthew writes:
Quote:
Could the word Magog just be a general term for the Islamic nations, the land where Islam is?

I don't think so. Magog is a character in the Genesis 10 table of nations. His descendants, the Scythians, ranged through a broad swath of territory, from the Danube through southern Russia and all the way into India. They are Japhethites, racially. The birthplace of Islam is far south of Scythian territory, and Arabians are Shemites. I think by identifying Gog (read: the Mahdi) as being from Magog, we are being told that the impetus for the final Islamic onslaught against Israel will come from somewhere in Scythian territory (admittedly a huge swath of land, but all to the north of Israel). Another reason the "north" is stressed is that when they attack (in contrast to the final battle, Armageddon) the Euphrates will still be flowing, making fording in the north a far more straightforward logistical exercise for Gog's military machine. There are millions of Muslims in the far east and Europe who will not be active allies of Gog.

kp