logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2008 12:37:42 PM(UTC)
Yada

As I logged onto CNN's home page this morning, I was intrigued by one of the headline stories:

FBI wants database of Americans' physical traits

The "intro" to the story reads:

Quote:
FBI officials this week are expected to announce a $1 billion contract for the creation of a massive database of people's characteristics -- from eye patterns to palm prints. The agency says it's needed to track terrorists and other criminals. One privacy advocate says it's the start of "surveillance society."

Revelation 14:9 (New International Version)

14:9 A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand,

I remember Ken talking about in FH the technology that would enable this to be done. Interesting, huh?

The complete story can be found here.

Edited by user Monday, February 4, 2008 3:00:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2008 2:33:53 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
the UK is currently wrestling with national ID cards which would do the same thing.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2008 7:05:02 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello Everybody!

Sigh! Don't know where to start with this post... OK, here goes something this is even more incredible: the technology to mark everything is available!

From years ago RFID tags were being used in some hospitals as toe tags (for corpses) and ankle tags (for babies and mothers). This is to prevent unauthorised removal of bodies and kidnapping. The technology to insert RFID tags was further enhanced such that it is small enough to be placed on bottle labels. Then it became flat enough to be placed inside thick paper, such as passport covers.

Malaysia has had national IDs since independence. This was to reduce illegal immigrants. However, syndicates forged IDs and passports so Malaysia introduced smart IDs and passports with chips in them. Now, when we pass through immigration at the airport or any other check point, we just let the system read the passport which has our biometrics already recorded inside. Nothing sinister, just good security.

As for the IDs (same size as a credit card), not only does it have our photo in colour on the front, but it also has our biometrics (electronic photo and finger prints) on the inside on the chip. The ID card can also function as a driving licence as details can be recorded into a driving licence file on the card. If stopped by the police, they can use an electronic reader to see if the licence is valid. The card can also be used as a debit card with stored cash value. We can pay for train tickets or a Coca-Cola at a 7-11 and top it up at a bank ATM. It will also have our medical details so that if anything happens the hospital can check our medical history and see the current treatment and check for allergies to medication. It is a multifunction card, and it is being exported all over the world to enhance security concerns.

So we do see administrative and financial applications already in use by the government today. What is more interesting is that the technology has advanced such that the chip can be shrunk to the size of a grain of rice and inserted into the body. Fine and dandy because it also means that nobody but the authorities and you can use the information on the chip -- less chance of ID hijacking. But similar chips can now be used on everything around you. Everything can be tagged for logistical purposes, from the car that you drive to the fridge that you used to the items in the fridge! In other words, everything that you buy can be traced back to you! And wherever you are, you can be tracked! Not so fine and dandy now!

So what is now important is not to keep an eye on technology but on the governments and their security and social programmes. We know what can be done technologically, but the will to implement the technology belongs to the government. Can private industry kick it off, start the ball rolling? The sectors to watch now are the courier and shipping companies, airlines, telcos and tech-based companies. Watch how they roll out their marketing, and then see if the medical and insurance industry guys raise their need for such technology. Once they do, then implants are on the horizon.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Icy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2008 1:58:27 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The U.S. has started implementing RFIDs as well. I haven't visited this site for some time, but I think it is up to date: http://epic.org/privacy/id-cards/

A bill was passed that will cause National ID cards for the U.S. that was supposed to go in effect March 2008. An RFID was supposed to be implemented, but I think the last thing I read on it was that they were not going to have RFIDs. Due to the costs involved in DMVs upgradding their systems, and several states trying to fight it, the National ID is not supposed to be everywhere until like 2018, I think.
Offline Andre Sanchez  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2008 10:55:17 AM(UTC)
Andre Sanchez

I always thought that the idea that the mark required high-tech was strange. Most countries have a national id card of one sort or another, and nobody is able to do much without it. In particular, opening a business, a bank account, or anything of the sort, even leaving the country. Now, how do id cards work? You either have to remember your id number (when filling forms for example), or you have to carry it in your wallet. Forehead and hand... it's a done deal folks. It doesn't matter if it gets slightly more sophisticated or not.
Offline kp  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2008 3:27:14 AM(UTC)
kp

The scriptures don't require "high-tech" for the mark of the beast, Andre. Something as rudimentary as a simple 666 tattoo would have done the job (as I pointed out in Future History). But from satan's point of view, there's a vast logistical difference between making something illegal and making it impossible. Portable documents like Social Security cards (in the US), drivers licenses, and passports can be faked or circumvented. But if you couldn't hold a job of any kind (or at least get paid for working), start your car, or get on a bus without a state-sponsored personal biometric identifier, then satan and his pet antichrist would have a control system with real teeth. Believing "contientous objectors" would instantly be transported back to a medieval economy, making them easy targets---which is half the point.

kp
Offline Matthew  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2008 5:12:24 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

I came across an interesting article once, found here, saying that the Mark of the Beast might not actually be a technological thing. I'll try summarise, or explain my point of view on it.

Its crux is on the verse in Daniel 7 which says "it intends to change the appointed times and law". It then tries to link up the different marks/signs because we as believers have a mark/sign on our hand and our foreheads as well.

They use verses such as these listed below:

Daniel 7: 23-24 "This is what he said, 'The fourth beast is the fourth reign on earth, which is different from all other reigns, and it devours all the earth, tramples it down and crushes it. And the ten horns are the ten sovereigns from this reign. They shall rise, and another shall rise after them, and it is different from the first ones, and it humbles three sovereigns, and it speaks words against the Most High, and it wears out the set-apart ones of the Most High, and it intends to change the appointed times and law, and they are given into its hand for a time and times and half a time'"

Exodus 13: 9-10 "And it (Feast of Unleavened Bread) shall be as a sign to you on your hand and as a reminder between your eyes, that the Torah of Yahuweh is to be in your mouth, for with a strong hand Yahuweh has brought you out of MItsrayim. And you shall guard this law at its appointed time from year to year."

Deuteronomy 6:6-8 "And these Words which I am commanding you today shall be in your heart, and you shall impress them upon your children, and shall speak of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up, and shall bind them as a sign on your head, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes."

Ezekiel 20:11-12 "And I gave them My laws and showed them My right-rulings, 'which, if a man does, he shall live by them.' And I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, to know that I am Yahuweh who sets them apart."

Ezekiel 20:19-20 "I am Yahuweh your Elohim. Walk in My laws, and guard my right-rulings, and do them. And set apart My Sabbaths, and they shall be a sign between Me and you, to know that I am Yahuweh your Elohim."

Revelation 13:16-17 And he causes all, both small and great, and rich and poor, and free and slave, to be given a mark upon their right hand or upon their foreheads, and that no one should be able to buy or sell expect he that has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Revelation 14:1 And I looked and saw a Lamb standing on Mount Tsiyon, and Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father's Name written upon their foreheads.

It pretty much says the beast, over the years, has already tried once before to change the appointed times and law, such as Christmas, Easter, etc. The article mentions that God's people are known by these appointed times and keeping the Law, it is a believer's sign that he/she belongs to Yahuweh. In Revelation 14:1 it says believers have the Father's Name written on their foreheads, so it's not a physical mark but rather like a seal of some sort, "Are you for or against me?" maybe just a verbal statement will suffice. I know this prophecy is regarding the 144,000 but it's interesting to notice His Name written on the foreheads, where in Revelation 13:17 it says those who accept the Mark of the Beast have its name on their foreheads as well.

The phrase "no one should be able to buy or sell" could be some sort of trade sanctions, either submit to the beast or be ostracised from society. It's possible that the Beast will try create a new calendar system (Daniel 7:24), where one must submit to its way of doing things, to its system of days and dates. In my own opinion the "buy or sell" could be a metaphor for "everyday society," in other words trying to starve Yahuweh's people to death for not being able to buy food, there's nothing like a hungry stomach and the fear of death to go with it.

The article mentions that no one has the Mark of the Beast as yet, but that the Enemy has already tried changing the appointed times and law (Torah, Sabbaths, and Feasts) before, and might try it again.

My only concern with this theory though is that after the Rapture, how long will it take for new believers, just before and during the Tribulation, to come to a knowledge of the Feasts and Sabbaths? As kp mentioned in FH that it will come to a "salvation by works" scenario during the Tribulation, and without many Bibles and websites being taken down there won't be much information around for new believers.

If I'm not mistaken the Jews only repent once they see the Messiah physically, I'm assuming they have immunity from accepting the Mark of the Beast, because I'm sure many in the world too would repent upon seeing the Messiah in person. But since many others, not of Jewish decent and in Israel at the time, received the Mark of the Beast their fate is sealed before His coming already. Can someone accept the Mark, and then repent afterwards if after a change of mind? Or repent upon seeing the Messiah physically?
Offline kp  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2008 6:24:51 AM(UTC)
kp

Yes, good point, Matthew. Though we speculate on what the mark might entail, the method of its implementation, we should remember that the real basis of the mark of the beast is that it links the bearer to the kingdom of the antichrist and to the fate of satan. There will surely be an oath of allegience or pledge of loyalty of some sort. In order for it to have the disastrous eternal consequences it carries with it (Rev 14:9-10) some sort of conscious choice to serve the beast must be involved. The "mark" isn't the chip or tattoo or the physical insignia that goes in the right hand or the forehead. It's the alliance it represents; it's the choice it reveals.

kp
Offline Mike_Browell  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 12:57:26 AM(UTC)
Mike_Browell
Man

Peace Matthew,

May our Dad Yahweh The Mighty One bless you in insight into him, and may he lift deceptions from us all. For our Dad is great and beautiful. All love to you my brother. I believe, in agreement with kp's statement about the mark being definitely a choice thing, then any true repentance would, regardless of the physical remnant, remove the mark. I hope that helps

Your loving brother,
Michael Browell (BiynahYahu)
Offline Matthew  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2009 10:56:34 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Simple question: who does the beheading as referenced in Revelation 20:4? I was reading KP's timeline and a bit of the Visions of Granduer chapter in FH and it occurred to me that the Muslim army is pretty much destroyed before the Antichrist begins to implement the Mark of the Beast. It seems pretty sick that the Antichrist, and his false prophet, would use the same technique as the Muslims or as the English of old. Why not simply put a bullet in a person's head, or just march them into a building and gas them, like Hitler, it's easier and involves less blood? But I know Satan is pretty much in the open during this time so the more violent the better for him.

Maybe I need to read FH again, and I do plan to study it this year but this question got me, I tried using the search option but I couldn't find anything to say exactly who did it, just that the Antichrist will kill their bodies.
Offline Mike  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:50:01 PM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I am not sure who will do the beheading but there have been reports of Guillotines in the USA. There was Bill #1274 in the Georgia House of Representatives in 1996. http://www.legis.state.ga.us/le...95_96/leg/sum/hb1274.htm

A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
AN ACT

1- 1 To amend Article 2 of Chapter 10 of Title 17 of the Official
1- 2 Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to the death penalty
1- 3 generally, so as to provide a statement of legislative
1- 4 policy; to provide for death by guillotine; to provide for
1- 5 applicability; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other
1- 6 purposes.

1- 7 BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF GEORGIA:

SECTION 1.

1- 8 The General Assembly finds that while prisoners condemned to
1- 9 death may wish to donate one or more of their organs for
1-10 transplant, any such desire is thwarted by the fact that
1-11 electrocution makes all such organs unsuitable for
1-12 transplant. The intent of the General Assembly in enacting
1-13 this legislation is to provide for a method of execution
1-14 which is compatible with the donation of organs by a
1-15 condemned prisoner.

SECTION 2.

1-16 Article 2 of Chapter 10 of Title 17 of the Official Code of
1-17 Georgia Annotated, relating to the death penalty generally,
1-18 is amended by striking in its entirety Code Section
1-19 17-10-38, relating to death sentences generally, and
1-20 inserting in lieu thereof the following:

1-21 "17-10-38. (Index)

1-22 (a) All persons who have been convicted of a capital
1-23 offense and have had imposed upon them a sentence of death
1-24 shall, at the election of the condemned, suffer such
1-25 punishment either by electrocution or by guillotine
. If
1-26 the condemned fails to make an election by the thirtieth
1-27 day preceding the date scheduled for execution, punishment
1-28 shall be by electrocution.

Here is a link to a website http://www.remnantofgod.org/guillotines.htm that talks about Guillotines in the USA.

Shalom,
Mike

Offline kp  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:59:20 AM(UTC)
kp

Mike's point is well taken. The Antichrist won't personally be beheading people. Every "legal" government on earth (excuse Israel, whose spontaneous opting out of the AC's world system will put them at the top of the hit list) will willingly or otherwise give their allegiance to the New World Order---including enforcing the rule of the Mark of the Beast: participate or die. Executions (Revelation 20:4 is the only indication we have of how it will be done) will be the order of the day---if they can catch these heinous lawbreakers whose only crime is to want to live in peace with God and their fellow man. Nazi Germany will provide the model: thousands of ostensibly civilized people, given government encouragement and protection, transformed overnight into sadistic war criminals. Multiply that by a hundred, and you have a glimpse of life (if you can call it livin') in the Antichrist's world.

kp