logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 2:43:16 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
'Cancer-free' baby girl born in London
A woman gives birth to the first child in Britain known to have been screened as an embryo to ensure she does not carry a gene linked to breast and ovarian cancer, a spokesman for University College London tells CNN. full story
Yada attached the following image(s):
embryo.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline In His Name  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 5:10:39 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
How wonderful... But, um, how many embryos were rejected, discarded, murdered so this one could live?
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Theophilus  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 7:42:35 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

In His Name wrote:
How wonderful... But, um, how many embryos were rejected, discarded, murdered so this one could live?

You noticed that as well.

Cannot such screening be done after a child's birth to see if they have the gene mentioned and if not be similarly declared "cancer free" and if they do have the gene detected be aware of that in that person's life and monitor accordingly?
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 10, 2009 4:22:37 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Unless I am mistaken the first law of thermodynamics may render DNA sequencing moot if the cells are affected by pollution and natural degradation via oxidation. The evidence of the effects of Agent Orange and mercury poisoning as well as the incidents at Chernobyl and Bhopal show that human genes can always mutate. Nothing is concrete, and no assurance can be given to say that common chemicals found in the environment (more than 600 are gazetted toxic but found in personal care products and cosmetics) will not affect humans and alter the DNA. So all this work and the sacrifice of the infants at the altar of immortality shall just be another nail in the moral coffin.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline kp  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 10, 2009 8:57:26 AM(UTC)
kp

Shoot, I can tell you how to ensure that your embryo won't be bothered by ovarian cancer. If it's a female, kill it. No ovaries, no problem. 'Course, you could still get run over by a bus. If you want to live in a risk-free society, you've come to the wrong planet, or at least the wrong age. The only cure for risk is to have a body that is immortal, incorruptible, and sinless. But the only way to get one of those is to trust Yahshua while you're living in the one with all the potential for trouble.

kp
Offline edStueart  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 2:20:37 PM(UTC)
edStueart

In His Name wrote:
how many embryos were rejected, discarded, murdered so this one could live?

[Cringe]
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!