logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matthew  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 9:32:57 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
John 19:19 "And Pilate wrote a title too, and put it on the stake, and it was written: YAHUSHUA OF NATSARETH, THE SOVEREIGN OF THE YAHUDIM. Many of the Yahudim therefore read this title, for the place where Yahushua was impaled was near the city, and it was writ- ten in Hebrew, in Greek, in Roman."

How would His Name appear in the three different languages on the stake?

I came across this article on the seekgod.ca website. I just quickly brushed through the article, actually skipped through to see the conclusion, but noticed this bit at the end:

Hebrew: Yeshua haNotzri Melech haYehudim
Greek: Iesous ho Nazoraios ho Basileus ton Ioudaion
Latin: Iesus Nazarenus Rex Iudaeorum
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 11:28:15 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Swalchy wrote:
I've found it's always best to ignore anything written on seekgod.ca - it's really just crap sprouted by what seems to be a very angry man, who needs to calm down just a tad.

I think crap is saying it lightly!

Some Christians will do whatever it takes to protect the name Jesus.
Offline Samuel  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 12:40:20 PM(UTC)
Samuel

Its funny how his whole site contradicts what he is saying. Name of site: Are you seeking God? When clearly he knows and states on that page that God refers to Baal. Its funny man! I totally agree with both of yall! But i just briefly brushed thru that article and i could tell it was BS.
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." -Ephesians 6:12
Offline Devildog  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 9:27:25 AM(UTC)
Devildog

I'm not sure where I read it but perhaps it was in FH, TWT, POD, or YY, but I thought it mentioned something about the first letters of the phrase written above Yahushua that read something profound but it escapes me. It may not even be the first letter of each word/name but it was something to do with what was written above Him and it was insightful. Can anyone help me out here?
Offline shalom82  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2008 6:17:04 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
DD, I think you are talking about the Hebrew phrase on the epitath including the acrostic YHWH.

Yahushua HaNatzaret v'Melech HaYahudim

Thus you get the acrostic YHWH.

It's a nice thought, but bad Hebrew.

This phrase would mean Yahushua of Natzaret AND the King of the Jews.

The Hebrew conjunction, waw, is not needed

Yahushua HaNatzaret Melech HaYahudim is a perfectly logical and accurate rendering of what the Hebrew might have said.

The real issue here is that the leadership could not accept Yahushua to be declared the King of the Yahudim, because that denotes Messiahship.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline In His Name  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 8:12:28 AM(UTC)
In His Name

I can't beleive I haven't found this until today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlABElJPk-E

This adds some interesting perspective on this topic.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline kp  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 8:47:51 AM(UTC)
kp

Great clip, InHisName. I covered a lot of this same material in my FH chapter on Babylon, but Rood does a better job tying it all together, I'm thinking. What I want to know is, what's with the "Moses on Sinai" get-up? He used to dress up like an orthodox rabbi. I'd just love to see the guy, for once, in blue jeans and a sweatshirt.

kp
Offline Matthew  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 9:35:25 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Rood puts Semiramis' recarnation on the first Sunday after the vernal quinox, but I thought this was the day she claimed divine conception from Nimrod, which works out to be almost 9 months before December 25th. Unless the Easter represents both her conception of Tammuz and the day of her reincarnation. I will need to read up more on it, there's always a little extra to learn every day. And what kinda miracle is turning a bird into an egg-laying rabbit? Of all the miracles in the world she picks that, go figure!
Offline In His Name  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 8:36:25 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Yes, I did enjoy that clip, but embarrassingly it is not the one I meant to leave here!

Since you mentioned it, yes the period attire was a little distracting. But I guarantee, there will never be an Easter Egg in my house again!

Here, is the clip I intended for this discussion.

This specific segment shows the wall behind the crucifixion site (Ron Wyatt's site) and the cutout shelves that are proposed to have held the signs. Although it does not really address the content of the signs, it does address the possibility of more than one sign and their being readable from a reasonable distance.

I found the evidence presented very exciting. I had read about the discovery before, but not with the pictures. Very exciting.

After watching all 27 clips I am curious as to the relationship of the presenter (Jonathon Gray) to Mr Wyatt. Gray talks as if he was part of the Wyatt's team, but I see little evidence of that and he is hawking his own book and video?? Anyone know of the connection?

“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14